Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ever done a music reasearch survey?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 01-13-04, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local rock station sent me a CD with 500 samples of different songs, and I had to rate them 1-5, Tired of hearing, or Don't Recognize.

I'm not sure If I gave any song less than 5 years old a 5, any song from the 80's more than a 2, and I also gave every creed/durst song a 1, though I may have screwed over pearl jam in doing so, because they may have been mistaken for creed once or twice, but better safe than sorry, right?
Old 01-13-04, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are they paying you for this?
Old 01-14-04, 06:49 AM

I did that once, but I had to go sit in a big hotel ballroom with like 300 others while they played the song clips for us to rate. That was six years or so ago, so I didn't have the pleasure of putting down Creed.
Old 01-15-04, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd probably would have put 1's for ALL of them. Then again I'm not their target audience as I abandoned radio several years ago. You can only hear a song so many times before you want to put a red hot poker thru your head!!!!! Once the radio KNUCKLEHEADS figure that one out I'll be back. Until then goodbye and good riddens!!!

Funny how they asked you to rate then with 1=tired of hearing and 5=Don't recognize. NOTICE that nothing is asked about the QUALITY of the music being listened too but instead whether you had heard it or not. Music should NEVER be about whether you've heard it or not. It should be about whether it moves you in any way. Rant over.
Old 01-15-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I used to belong to a call list that used the input to make the local playlists.

They didn't use my suggestions, so I quit listening to the radio.