Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New MXPX Album

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
New MXPX Album

Did anyone else get this on tuesday? I think its a GREAT album. It will piss a lot of people off who will say they "sold out", but actually it just has great songs on it. It's just not their usual "punk" (if you want to call it that) music.

I highly recommend this album. Lots of good songs on it.

Again, what will hurt them in becoming more famous will be the fact that their first single off the album isn't their best song on it. Play It Loud would be an instant hit. Even the song on the Pepsi commercial would be better than the one their releasing.
Old 09-18-03, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new AP has a great article/interview with them. MxPx is one of my favorite bands, loved them since early high school, I'm really tired of hearing "MxPx sold out". It's been like that since they released Slowly Going the Way... on a major label. I like the new album a lot, every album steps it up musicaly and I always like what they've done. The AP interview deals with the never ending Christian band label put on them, good insight.