Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Is everyone downloading a ton of free MPs3? I sure am.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keeping in mind that we already have the Official (Legal) Releases Available for Download thread at the top of this forum, perhaps this can serve as both a reminder/pointer that it's there and a discussion about free downloads in general.

For me, I tend to look for stuff I already know, or stuff with a relationship (label, sharing band members) with stuff I know. But lately I'll just give it a quick listen before deciding to download or not. And where is it I'm finding this stuff?

Well, the usual places. Label and band sites. This "bootleg" site. Lots of MP3 blogs.

I had a hard drive crash in which I lost all my mp3s a few months back -- all from downloads (none from ripping or buying). I've built it back up to around 9 GB in a very short amount of time. That's a few thousand songs right there. Crazyness.

I'm still listening to this stuff exclusively on a 256MB player -- my Palm, to be precise. I should probably just get a hard drive player, but since I'd mainly be listening at work (and the Palm is perfectly fine for all of my mobile listening that doesn't involve my portable CD player), maybe I can just do some kind of streaming from home to work. Thoughts/ideas?