Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 07-23-02, 09:40 PM   #1
Ergyu
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Tool army anyone?

Anyone else here join Tools new psuedo fan club, Toolarmy.com? I did the other day and so far it is quite impressive.
Old 07-23-02, 09:43 PM   #2
seeyouauntie

Details?
Old 07-23-02, 09:47 PM   #3
Ergyu
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Its pretty much a beefed up fan club I guess you could say. The membership is 30 bucks a year, but their are other levels going all the way up to 85 dollars which includes all kinds of extras (shirt, hat, coat, sticker, patch, laminate, id card, etc..). You get access to this site instead of the traditional print newsletters and can contact the band, buy presale tickets, buyt autographed stuff, get backstage pass offers and stuff like that. The main thing is basically a huge tool message board though where you interact with other fans. It's a cool idea if you got the dough.
Old 07-24-02, 01:22 AM   #4
gilbertr76
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can I borrow $30?

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 07-24-02, 02:40 PM   #5
MJKTool
Suspended

"All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product begging for your Fatass dirtyDollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record......Send more money"

I havent signed up yet, if it turns out you can get good seats for their shows....then I might....although their Tour is coming to an end pretty soon so I dont know.
Old 07-24-02, 03:22 PM   #6
heimerSWT

I was thinking about joining for the reason of presale tickets, too. I just don't like the $$$ "per year" part.

How has this tour been different than last year (other than the metallic confetti and cool artwork)? I see them on Saturday--and possibly Friday, if I can swing a ticket.

twitter | last.fm
Old 07-24-02, 04:16 PM   #7
MJKTool
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by heimerSWT
I was thinking about joining for the reason of presale tickets, too. I just don't like the $$$ "per year" part.

How has this tour been different than last year (other than the metallic confetti and cool artwork)? I see them on Saturday--and possibly Friday, if I can swing a ticket.
I saw them twice last week, and it blew away last years set imo. The way its set up now is that they have a HUGE art backdrop behind the band that changes into various colors/images during the set. It really is a sight to see! They have two huge monitors to the left and right of the band. Then during the show they will drop 4 more pieces of artwork together with the huge art backdrop and 2 monitors. Like you said they drop confetti in red light which looks awesome! They also have a "disco ball" in the back of the arena that lights up the crowd later in the show.
Maynards platform now lights up underneat him, and Danny Carey has just put togther somekind of new amazing drum set the day after I saw them. If thats not enough they dangle the two huge "virus balls" from the Parabola video on stage.

Needless to say, last Friday was THE BEST concert I've ever been to (them playing 4degrees & H. also helped)
Old 07-24-02, 04:27 PM   #8
seeyouauntie

Looking forward to seeing them a week from Sunday. And I might go see a Tomahawk headline club show a week from Friday. It's looking to be a good weekend...
Old 07-25-02, 02:51 PM   #9
DVDHO
DVD Talk Special Edition

These guys put on one of the best shows ever and I went last year in Sep.,if you have a chance dont miss out one of the few great bands left.