Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Morphine fans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-02, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 389 Likes on 279 Posts
Morphine fans?

The band not the drug...

I've always been a fan of the group was lucky enough to see them a few times on the "Yes" tour. When Mark died a few years ago I recall hearing there was an album in the can along with the live CD. Any word on a possible release of the album or was that the Night album. They took down the www.morphine3.com site a while back and haven't heard much about them in a while...
Old 03-27-02, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A great band, a tragic death of a brilliant frontman. I own all the albums except the "b-sides." They toured as "Orchestra Morphine" a few years ago w/out Mark.

I think "The Night" was the last album we'll see, doubt if there is much more unreleased material.
Old 03-27-02, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like 'em, too. Saw them in concert one time. I actually really liked Treat Her Right as well. But I didn't keep up with Morphine and can't answer your question!
Old 03-27-02, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jepthah
A great band, a tragic death of a brilliant frontman. I own all the albums except the "b-sides." They toured as "Orchestra Morphine" a few years ago w/out Mark.

I think "The Night" was the last album we'll see, doubt if there is much more unreleased material.
Well I know there are a few more Bsides out there from CD singles I have, stuff that wasn't on the orginal B-sides album, and there are at least a few songs that were played live that did not make it to albums, I recently came across a bootleg from Cleavland that had at least on non album type track.

Pleasently the same boot had some treat her right stuff at the end, another good band with 2/3 of morphine and a few other guys...

Glad to see there are at least a few other fans out there...
Old 03-30-02, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Cure for Pain makes it into my list of Top 10 rock albums with 'I'm Free Now' being one of my favorite songs -- that song can never be played too loud.
Old 12-20-21, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Morphine fans?

sad news from the world of low rock. Billy Conway the original drummer for Morphine, and Treat Her Right has passed away due to complications from cancer. His birthday was one day before he died so 66 years and a day old.