Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Did Tool ever cover Nine Inch Nails?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-02, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep running into this acoustic cover of Nine Inch Nails's "Terrible Lie". Supposedly done by Tool. It does sound like him...is it? when was this recorded?
Anyone know anything about it.
Old 03-09-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never heard of it - though maynard has collaborated with reznor. Check out the FAQ here . It covers a lot of the stuff that Tool and its members have done.
Old 03-09-02, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maynard did do a duet with Tori Amos. I have it on video and mp3.

And, Trent did a duet with Tori, so it's not inconcievable Maynard and Trent did one together.
Old 03-09-02, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by einTier
Maynard did do a duet with Tori Amos. I have it on video and mp3.

And, Trent did a duet with Tori, so it's not inconcievable Maynard and Trent did one together.

yeah, they did a song called "Vacant" together I think

- wait thats an APC song isn't it - hell I don't know
Old 03-09-02, 04:16 PM
Suspended

The terrible lie mp3 floating around claiming to by an accoustic version by Tool is not sung Maynard and most likely not performed by any members of Tool. I downloaded this mp3, and it was hard to tell if it was indeed Maynard towards the beginning of the song because he could easily sing in that kind of tone, but when you get towards the end of the song you can easily tell it is not him singing. Infact it sounds more like a Billy Corgan kind of voice. Im not stating this as a fact, but Im almost positive that it is not him. Also the exact same mp3 is also labeled as a Marilyn Manson song.

tooldiscography.com is the best place to know anything recorded by any of the members of Tool.
Old 03-09-02, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MJKTool
The terrible lie mp3 floating around claiming to by an accoustic version by Tool is not sung Maynard and most likely not performed by any members of Tool. I downloaded this mp3, and it was hard to tell if it was indeed Maynard towards the beginning of the song because he could easily sing in that kind of tone, but when you get towards the end of the song you can easily tell it is not him singing. Infact it sounds more like a Billy Corgan kind of voice. Im not stating this as a fact, but Im almost positive that it is not him. Also the exact same mp3 is also labeled as a Marilyn Manson song.

tooldiscography.com is the best place to know anything recorded by any of the members of Tool.

yeah, I've d/l a wide range of crap claiming to be Tool. Some of it sounded pretty close - could be other members of Tool besides Maynard, maybe - some of it not even close. Once d/l a remix of a white zombie song labeled Tool. I always want to email the people I d/l from and tell them that it is wrong.
Old 03-09-02, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just downloaded the terrible lie track to give my opinion - and if that's maynard, he'd have to be really, really drunk and have the flu. The guy singing on that track sounds almost tone deaf.