Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New OASIS song - Hindu Times

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New OASIS song - Hindu Times

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-02, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New OASIS song - The Hindu Times

tentative album title: Heathen Chemistry...

New Song: The Hindu Times

So this brand new song premiered over the weekend... wonder what anyone thinks about it. I've been a big Oasis fan, and though their last record was only alright, I think this new track is great, and shows a lot of promise for the album... Welcome back Oasis!

MATT

a very rockin' song...glad to see Oasis going back to songs about drugs... that's part of what the do best!

Last edited by mdc3000; 03-06-02 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-06-02, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone have any comments on this song or oasis?? Anyone? Bueller?

MATT
Old 03-06-02, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I started out really liking Oasis, especially their first album.

However, as time went on I realized that their lyrics are absolutely terrible. The music is great, but the words are non-sense. They don't try to say anything which is enough reason to be offended when they compare themselves to the Beatles. To me, this cheapens the music to the point where I can barely listen to them anymore.

They are like candy. Sweet hollow calories with no real substance and I can only listen to something like that for so long before I go looking for something more substantial.

Last edited by sherm42; 03-06-02 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-06-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mdc3000
anyone have any comments on this song or oasis?? Anyone? Bueller?

MATT
My old roommate loved Oasis. He bought all of the imports and everything.

I like Oasis. I didn't care for Standing on the Shoulders of Giants at all, and I thought Be Here Now was good, but I especially like the first 2 albums.

It should be a crime that the unplugged wasn't released on CD. The Oasis unplugged is awesome, even if the other guy had to sing (can't keep them straight, but I like the one who sings on unplugged better anyways)

I'll give the new CD a chance, but I am skeptical.
Old 03-06-02, 05:36 PM

The first two albums were great, though the second was overplayed. Since then I haven't been impressed with any of their music. But if anyone else has heard this new song, and liked it, I'll give it a listen-- they're due for a good album.
Old 03-06-02, 09:19 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
It's a grower, the intro reminds me of Bowies Heroes, the more I hear it the more I like it.
Old 03-08-02, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd love to hear it. Anyone have a release date on this new album? Also, I recommend picking up the "Familiar To Millions" DVD. Very well done.
Old 03-09-02, 12:26 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Summer 2002 release for the album.

And hindu gets released as a single in April.

Possible New Tracks for the 5th Studio Album:
The Hindu times - track written by noel with a title taken from a newspaper Noel saw when he was on holidays. It's an upbeat tune with a driving beat reminiscent of Columbia but with a lead acoustic guitar through it giving it a bit of a Go let it Out Vibe.

Better Man - a track with vocals by Liam which the band played on a Tv recording for a German Tv station in early 2002.

Force Of Nature - track written by noel, which he recorded during the SOTSOG sessions and appeared in the UK gangster movie released in 2000, Love Honour & Obey. It is not known whether the album version shall be the original version or a re-recording with Liam on vocals but during the live performance for German TV, it was Noel on vocals.

Hung in a Bad Place - track written by Gem which has a classic Oasis sound and vocals by Liam. It was debuted on the 10 years of Noise and Confusion, Uk club tour in 2001

Let There be Love - track written by noel, mentioned in a Japanese interview last year, Mentioned in interview as 'let that be loved' but this was most likely a misquote or bad translation. Rumoured to be one of the SOTSOG demos previously known as 'It's A Crime'

Solve My Mystery - a song made public in the SOTSOG demo sessions, but may actually be named 'Revolution Song' which is a song Noel has mentioned several times since 1994

Shout It Out Loud - A Noel written song which he said of: "our basic Neil Young meets Pink Floyd meets Oasis, a bit of an anthem, a bit of a flag-waver"

Getting Older - a song made public in the SOTSOG demo sessions, also referred to as 'crackin' up'

Born on a Different Cloud - song mentioned by Liam as a song he wrote for his son Lennon

She Is Love - another Noel song which sounds very light and poppy according to Noel who said: "probably a bit like The Monkees or The Byrds"

Revival - track written by noel, 17 words, chorus of 'come on', rocky sounding. "...a bit like Louie Louie, but a bit more Sex Pistols"

Songbird - written by Liam and described as 'weird' though Noel has mentioned it may not be on the album

The Roller - written by Gem and is described as T-Rex doing Lennon's 'Instant Karma'

Slow - A song that ex-Oasis producer Owen Morris described as 'beautiful' in September 97's issue of Q magazine, unreleased and only known public performanceis in a guitar shop during in a bomb scare along with 5 other tracks, though Noel has mentioned it's unlikely to be on new lp as it's not really an Oasis style track
Old 03-09-02, 04:07 PM

IMO, Oasis has gotten better from album to album. I'm dying to hear their new songs. I saw them twice in concert but they're kind of dull live when compared to many other alternative rock bands.
Old 03-09-02, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
WTSMG is their masterpiece (thus far), IMO
Old 03-09-02, 08:59 PM

I'm looking forward to the single and the album.
Old 03-11-02, 06:11 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
They need to ditch Liam. They'd do much better here in the states if Noel was on lead. Everytime I've seen them, it was only for Noel's acoustic set.
Old 03-15-02, 04:04 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Link to realvideo of the video if you know what I mean...

http://www.srdl15370.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/HT.rm
Old 03-15-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reminds me of "3 Strange Days" by School of Fish

And has a bit of a Jesus Jones taint to it as well.

But hey, it only strives to be mediocre and as such, modern alternative radio will be playing it into the ground for weeks to come.
Old 03-15-02, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heard the new song today. Wasn't blown away at all. At first, I was thinking how great it was just to hear a song that didn't sound like Linkin Park, but it's nothing special. I like Oasis, but I'm not a big fan or anything. I think if they ever released a hits compilation that would be their best offering.