Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Question for Black Crowes fans

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-02, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Now that they've broken up; are they going to release the LOADS of songs they recorded and never released?
- apparently they recorded about 40 songs around their Amorica period that they never relesed.

Also, I find it odd that a band like the Crowes don't have any sort of live album out (I'm not counting the one w/ Jimmy Page).

One would think now would be the time to start cranking this stuff out, before people forget about them.
Old 02-28-02, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think its an actual break up.
I think they are just taking time apart.
Ya never know though...

If you get the box set, there is a mini live album in it.
I agree though, a full length disc would be great.
Old 02-28-02, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally posted by KevinSmithIsGod
I dont think its an actual break up.
I think they are just taking time apart.
Ya never know though...

If you get the box set, there is a mini live album in it.
I agree though, a full length disc would be great.
As a fan, that box set pisses me off so much.

I get every record the day it comes out - and then they release all those records in a box set with a couple of extra songs and a half hour live "bonus" - WTF?

This totally leaves the old fans, that were with them from the starts, out in the cold - I want the extra stuff - but I shouldn't have to rebuy all those albums. oh well....
Old 02-28-02, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by slop101

I get every record the day it comes out - and then they release all those records in a box set with a couple of extra songs and a half hour live "bonus" - WTF?

This totally leaves the old fans, that were with them from the starts, out in the cold - I want the extra stuff - but I shouldn't have to rebuy all those albums. oh well....
There is a Japanese only live CD with 7 tracks on it - look here (Souled Out Live) and I could have sworn I saw the live CD from the box set being sold separately somewhere, like they decided to release the disc by itself...

-Gunshy
Old 03-03-02, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The day I bought that Crowes box, I thought to myself, "Hey, I should burn all of those bonus tracks from the albums and that mini-live album onto CDRs and give 'em out or sell 'em for cheap to the faithful fans that already shelled out for the 'basic' albums. . .". Maybe I should get around to doing that, one of these days.

I love that mini-live album, BTW.