Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Kid Rock's Cocky...thoughts?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-19-02, 08:05 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

I just picked up this album recently because I was a fan of his first album. After listening to it a few times already, I think this is a wonderful collection of music.

Most of the songs are in the vein of southern rock, of which all have a good melody. Midnight Train to Memphis or Lonely Road of Faith are my two favorites on the album.

Kid Rock can rap when he wants to, but in this album, he does what he does best...keeps the music of classic southern bands like Skynyrd, ZZ Top and The Marshall Tucker Band alive and strong.

Thoughts?
Old 02-19-02, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes he is cocky and I don't like his music or his attitude.

As for his cocky......ewwwwww.
Old 02-19-02, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Downloaded a few songs from the cd. I don't like it, its just not my type of music. Although I can understand why other people might like it.
Old 02-19-02, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its Crackeriffic!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-02, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I enjoyed the music as well, I like the mix of country feel and rock music. Favorite track is Picture, and Train to Mempis.

It is a type of music, I know some people wont like at all, but for me I liked it a lot and some people should give it a chance.
Old 02-19-02, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

aside from a couple of songs, IMO the cd stinks......most of the songs sound exactly like American Badass. If he'd just do a Southern Rock album and quit rapping he'd do alot better.
Old 02-19-02, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally posted by demonio
aside from a couple of songs, IMO the cd stinks......most of the songs sound exactly like American Badass. If he'd just do a Southern Rock album and quit rapping he'd do alot better.
I agree. Do one or the other. The best thing on the CD is one of the later tracks where he abandons the rapping and sings a straight out southern rock song. A whole CD of that would actually be cool.

As a whole, the CD just seems to really lack direction. Ohh, I wanna rap dirty with Snoop Dogg. Ohh, I wanna make a country song with Cheryl Crow. Ohh, I wanna be Molly Hatchet.
Old 02-19-02, 02:06 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally posted by demonio
If he'd just do a Southern Rock album and quit rapping he'd do alot better.
I completely agree. The songs I like best are the ones with his ode to southern rock (which is more than half the songs). I agree that his rap song with Snoop is out of place and I don't care for it.

On Devil Without a Cause, my favorite songs were Cowboy and Only God Knows Why, because they were the two with a southern twang and melody. This album seems to have more songs like that, I guess that's why I am impressed with it.
Old 02-19-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Drive-In Nut
Its Crackeriffic!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-02, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think it's an excellent album, with "The Lonely Road of Faith" my favorite track. It would be interesting to see a Kid Rock album with only southern rock, though.

Honk!
Old 02-19-02, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know how it's doing as far as sales, but I am tired of most every radio hit he has put out including his name. I mean, DAMN_! I know his name is KIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD ROCK! I knew that a cd or two ago. I get the point. Is this his way of reminding himself (or his GF) of who he is? Does he sit around and think " I need a lyric here. What rhymes with "sitting duck?" Oh, I know, my name is KIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD ROCK!"

Enough with the name thing already.
Old 02-20-02, 02:35 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i like Lonely road of faith almost exclusively because of the WWF Desire video shown on Raw by Ric Flair

i rewatch that video just about every day
Old 02-20-02, 02:59 AM

Musical tastes are a funny thing. I don't mind Kid and enjoy some of his songs, but IMO "Lonely Road of Faith" is the worst song I have heard in a while and I am baffled at how anyone can like it. I just don't need Kid hitting a high pitch chorus, enough already!