Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Need help!!!-Converting from mp3 to wave

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-02, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pardon my ignorance but, I don't know much about computers or music conversion!!!

Please help! I just installed morpheus software on my pc. I downloaded some songs and am storing them in "my shared folder". The path is c:\PROGRAM FILES\MORPHEUS\MY SHARED FOLDER.

I want to convert the music from mp3 to wave. I went to cnet and downloaded db powerAMP Converter 8.0.

At this point, I'm kindof lost............I clicked on the dbpowerAMP converter icon to open..it brings me to a box with the heading, "select music files to convert" (it says, look in: C.....I then click on the Program files folder and click: OPEN.....I then click on Morpheus then click on Open...I then click on My Shared Folder and click Open...

At this point, I don't see any songs in the folder and I'm lost, I mean, without a clue...If I go to windows explore, I go to my shared folder file(on the left hand side) and see a list of about 35 songs itemized on the right hand side.

What do I do now?
Old 02-06-02, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Why would you want to do this anyway?

If you want to burn a CD, make a playlist of the MP3s in Windows Media Player, then click File, then Copy to CD. Media Player will take care of everything from there.
Old 02-06-02, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GuessWho
Why would you want to do this anyway?

If you want to burn a CD, make a playlist of the MP3s in Windows Media Player, then click File, then Copy to CD. Media Player will take care of everything from there.
That's assuming he's running XP.

Most burning programs do this automatically now. If you're using winamp, you can change the output to wav writer. For this dbpoweramp program, when you're searching for the files you probably have to change the extension that it's looking for.
Old 02-06-02, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GuessWho--My operating system is windows 98. I plan to play the cd on my dvd player. I don't think that it recognizes mp3 format..........thanks!

Aghama--You wrote:

Most burning programs do this automatically now. If you're using winamp, you can change the output to wav writer. For this dbpoweramp program, when you're searching for the files you probably have to change the extension that it's looking for.

Again, I am a green horn, can you breakdown in DUMMY terms, step by step, how I do this? Thanks for your patience!
Old 02-06-02, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
I have Windows 98 and use Windows Media Player version 7 as described above. The CDs I make are played in my stereo system, my car, my walkman... they are regular CDs.
Old 02-06-02, 05:10 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by tazmanian
Pardon my ignorance but, I don't know much about computers or music conversion!!!
.... this kind of question comes up a lot on the Computer & DVD-Rom Forum:FWIW this site's search function may assist but it can sometimes be difficult to formulate a precise search.

Last edited by benedict; 02-06-02 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-06-02, 05:17 PM
Mod Emeritus

Also, check out the couple of threads dolphinboy started last month for additional discussion: link
Old 02-07-02, 10:13 PM

Re: Need help!!!-Converting from mp3 to wave

Originally posted by tazmanian

Please help! I just installed morpheus software on my pc. I downloaded some songs and am storing them in "my shared folder". The path is c:\PROGRAM FILES\MORPHEUS\MY SHARED FOLDER.

I want to convert the music from mp3 to wave. I went to cnet and downloaded db powerAMP Converter 8.0.

At this point, I'm kindof lost............I clicked on the dbpowerAMP converter icon to open..it brings me to a box with the heading, "select music files to convert" (it says, look in: C.....I then click on the Program files folder and click: OPEN.....I then click on Morpheus then click on Open...I then click on My Shared Folder and click Open...

At this point, I don't see any songs in the folder and I'm lost, I mean, without a clue...If I go to windows explore, I go to my shared folder file(on the left hand side) and see a list of about 35 songs itemized on the right hand side.

What do I do now?
I use MusicMatch Juke box from www.musicmatch.com mp3 player to do it....it's downloadable.

You simply highlight the songs in the play list and right click then highlight Export Playlist Tracks ...and follow the dots..easy

Terry
Old 02-08-02, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks everyone for all of the input, I really appreciate the advise!!! I downloded windows media player 7.1 and followed the directions as mentioned above. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not but, when I listened to the songs after I burned a cd-r, some of the songs were not fully recorded. They seemed to be "cutoff", some at the end of the track and 1 in the beginning.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

Thanks agian for helping out a greenhorn!!!!