Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Godsmack Live DVD...

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Godsmack Live DVD...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-02, 01:39 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Godsmack Live DVD...

I just got the Godsmack Live dvd thinking it would be very good considering its DTS 5.1 sound and anamorphic widescreen. Well I was wrong. It sounds horrible! The sound level is way too low. Vocals are low and muffled. Probably used a radio shack mic and stuck it up in the balcony instead of recording from the mixer like they should. It sounds better in DPLII Music than it does DTS or Dolby Digital. Does anyone have this DVD that can confirm that its not just my disc.
Old 01-24-02, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't have the disk, I did not know it was even coming out. If I would have known I would have gotten a copy, I love Godsmack. However if the sound quality is as bad as you say I might have to wait till I see it on Ebay.
Old 01-24-02, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought it a couple of weeks ago and I agree, the DTS track is awful. The vocals are barely understandable. I think the Dolby Digital track is better, just barely, than the dts track.