Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What is the song you wish your favorite artist never made?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What is the song you wish your favorite artist never made?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-02, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REM "Drive". Love the band. Hate that song.
Old 01-24-02, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

John Lennon - "Woman is the ****** of the World" I appreciate the message, but I cringe when I hear it
Old 01-25-02, 12:18 AM

Springsteen - "Dancing in the Dark" ugghhh!!!
Old 01-25-02, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by atlantamoi
REM "Drive". Love the band. Hate that song.
Ooooh. This is the first one I disagree with (I don't disagree that you hate it, though )
Old 01-25-02, 09:48 AM

Eric Clapton - Blue Eyes Blue (love Clapton, but Diane Warren? - stop it, you don't need the cash.)

REM - The Monster LP, excepting "Kenneth", the rest sent them on a downhill spiral.

Rolling Stones - Brand New Car (The Stones not only wrote this nonsense, but played it twice at concerts I've seen. Why?)
Old 01-25-02, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by einTier
I'm going to get raked over the coals for this, but:

Tori Amos - Me and a Gun

I know why she wrote it, and I appreciate that, but I certainly don't like listening to it, I don't think it's her best work, and I am SO tired of hearing it at every Tori concert I attend!
You're not the only one who feels this (however, I love the song, but I don't always feel like hearing it). If you went to any of the shows for Choirgirl or Venus than you wouldn't have heard it. I think it's important to her to play it so often and I think it probably means a lot to some people, especially if they have had similar experiences.

Anyway, I wish tori never would have done that cover of Happiness is a Warm Gun. It's one of my favorite Beatles songs, but her version really bugs me.
Old 01-25-02, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by hotaru_san

You're not the only one who feels this (however, I love the song, but I don't always feel like hearing it). If you went to any of the shows for Choirgirl or Venus than you wouldn't have heard it. I think it's important to her to play it so often and I think it probably means a lot to some people, especially if they have had similar experiences.

Anyway, I wish tori never would have done that cover of Happiness is a Warm Gun. It's one of my favorite Beatles songs, but her version really bugs me.
I've been to the Choirgirl and Venus tours (the only tour I missed was Little Earthquakes), and you're right, I didn't hear the song there -- but my favorite Tori concerts are the ones that are solos in concert halls, like the last tour, and invaribly I have to hear Me and a Gun. Like I said, I understand why it's important for some people to hear it, but I think playing it at every single concert cheapens it somehow. Besides, I think it usually ruins the feel of the setlist. It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the work she's done.
Old 01-26-02, 02:20 AM

Madonna - American Pie
Madonna - Material Girl
Garbage - the entire beautifulgarbage CD
No Doubt - Detective
Old 01-26-02, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pearl Jam - Mankind - Stone singing ughh. The riffs were pretty bad too and the lyrics were horrendous.

Guns N' Roses - That end of days song "Oh My God" is atrocious.
Old 01-26-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Originally posted by Three Day Delay
REM- Shiny Happy People

They're not my favorite, but one of them. A truly awful song.
Totally agree with that one.
DMB : Well, I like some of Everyday, but "I Did It" is truly dreadful and sounds like a mia culpa to boot!

Paul McCartney : Let Em In -- This is the same guy who wrote "Yesterday", right?

Billy Joel : We Didn't Start the Fire -- Dated and stupid at the same time. Also, a lesser-known song called 2000 years. A very clever music critic once wrote a review that went something like this "In the most amazing coincidence since Lou Gherig contracted Lou Gherig's disease, Billy Joel writes a song called 2000 Years, and it turns out to be the worst song written in the past 2000 years."