Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

First Leg Dates of Dave Matthews Band Tour are Up

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-02, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some may be interested in these, I know I am. More dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
http://www.dmband.com/tourdates/default.asp
Old 01-15-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dave Matthews Band spring tour dates

APRIL
Thu 4/4 MCI Center Washington, DC
Fri 4/5 Bryce Jordan Center University Park, PA
Sun 4/7 FleetCenter Boston, MA
Mon 4/8 FleetCenter Boston, MA
Wed 4/10 First Union Center Philadelphia, PA
Fri 4/12 Dunkin' Donuts Center Providence, RI
Sat 4/13 HSBC Arena Buffalo, NY
Mon 4/15 Madison Square Garden New York, NY
Tue 4/16 Madison Square Garden New York, NY
Fri 4/19 Air Canada Centre Toronto, ON Canada
Sat 4/20 Corel Centre Kanata, ON Canada
Sun 4/21 Molson Centre Montreal, QC Canada
Tue 4/23 Palace of Auburn Hills Auburn Hills, MI
Wed 4/24 Gund Arena Cleveland, OH
Fri 4/26 Allstate Arena Rosemont, IL
Sat 4/27 Allstate Arena Rosemont, IL
Mon 4/29 Target Center Minneapolis, MN
Tue 4/30 Iowa State University - Hilton Coliseum Ames, IA

MAY
Thu 5/2 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Selma, TX
Sat 5/4 Woodlands Pavilion The Woodlands, TX
Sun 5/5 Woodlands Pavilion The Woodlands, TX
Tue 5/7 American Airlines Center Dallas, TX
Thu 5/9 Journal Pavilion Albuquerque, NM
Fri 5/10 Pepsi Center Arena Denver, CO
Sun 5/12 Cricket Pavilion Phoenix, AZ
Mon 5/13 Coors Amphitheatre Chula Vista, CA
Wed 5/15 STAPLES Center Los Angeles, CA
Thu 5/16 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Irvine, CA
Sat 5/18 Shoreline Amphitheatre Mountain View, CA
Sun 5/19 Shoreline Amphitheatre Mountain View, CA
Tue 5/21 Sacramento Valley Amphitheatre Marysville, CA
Thu 5/23 Rose Garden Arena Portland, OR
Fri 5/24 General Motors Place Vancouver, BC Canada
Old 01-16-02, 08:58 AM

screw DMB.

I really dont know what all the fuss is about with this guy. There are sooooo many other great bands out there and it hurts to know that people are listening to DMB instead. Try Pearl Jam, or Ben Harper, or hell, ANYTHING ELSE...
Old 01-16-02, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by BMoore09
screw DMB.

I really dont know what all the fuss is about with this guy. There are sooooo many other great bands out there and it hurts to know that people are listening to DMB instead. Try Pearl Jam, or Ben Harper, or hell, ANYTHING ELSE...
hey, no thread crapping please. This isn't discussing the merits of DMB, just the concert dates.
Old 01-16-02, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*sigh*

If only those were Phish dates . . . .
Old 01-16-02, 11:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus

screw DMB.

*sigh* This is the reason why I didn't beat pantala or MFRONE to posting that the dates are up early yesterday morning. I figured the people who really care would find out soon enough, and the people who like to thread crap wouldn't have anything to crap about.

It's hard to explain the fuss. I've been a fan for 4 years. I've been a fan of Nine Inch Nails for 8. I'm a fan of Pearl Jam's early stuff, but I've never been hard core.

I own every official release DMB has put out. I own every Halo that NIN has put out. I've seen NIN twice in concert, I've been to see Dave Matthews four times(with Band twice, with Tim Reynolds once, and solo once).

I used to follow alt.music.nin religiously. I had NIN posters on my walls in college, I was pretty hard core. But it's nothing like I am about DMB.

I proposed to my fiancee(now wife) at a Dave Matthews Band concert(her favorite band as well).

DMB allows fans to record their shows. I'm part of a community that provides FTP servers to download these legally recorded shows. I have nearly perfect(not mp3) recordings of every show I've been to.

I saw Dave Matthews play with Tim Reynolds in front of <2000 people in Terre Haute, IN. It still amazes me that they did this tour of small venues on college campuses.

I enjoy their story. They weren't thrown together by a record company and told "here, play these songs." Dave worked in a bar in Charlottesville, VA. He wrote songs. He met other local musicians and they thought it would be cool to give it a go. And now, just over 10 years later, they can consistently sell out three shows in a row in the same venue.

They don't lip sync to prerecorded music onstage. Their shows are never exactly the same. They'll change the way they play this song, Dave will introduce that song with some silly story, throw in some different lyrics.

So maybe I can't explain the fuss, but it seems to grow like a bonfire. A new DMB fan forum site opened up last week(a coming together of other sites hosted by the same fans). There's already 1,501 members, 1,383 threads, and 13,134 total posts. It's growing into a nice community.

I love them, my wife loves them(and she once majored in music but ended up minoring instead so her opinion of them musically is more educated than mine), and that's all that matters to me.

As for this tour, Indianapolis got skipped over so far like last year, so I'm looking at one or both of these shows:

Old 01-16-02, 12:49 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dammit! None of those are close enough for me to go to. I've seen DMB 4 times, but haven't seen them since 1999. I'm dying to see songs off everyday and the lillywhite sessions in concert. Oh well, maybe next summer/fall.
Old 01-16-02, 04:37 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thu 4/4 MCI Center Washington, DC
Thank you, DMB! And thank you, pantala, for creating this thread. I've been looking for a concert to go to for a while. Yes, it isn't until 4/4, but it's good to know.

Fire bad!
Old 01-16-02, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DMB always goes nationwide in the Summer, so don't worry if they aren't hitting your city in the Spring. I am surprised they're skipping from Portland to Vancouver without stopping in Seattle (his home town, even). I'm hoping that they're going to announce additional dates.. June 10 (my birthday) is still open for Seattle... Hopefully I'll be able to head up to Vancouver on the 23rd to see them.

They are focusing on smaller venues this tour, so no Giants Stadium (although I will be sad if they skip The Gorge..).

AndyCapps, I can relate to most all of what you said. I got to see Dave solo at The Paramount in Seattle, which holds an insanely small number of people, and it was awesome. Completely different than seeing the band play at The Gorge in front of 25,000 people, but incredible in either case.

--edit--
Edit to add that the band had to cancel their European tour dates this last winter due to security concerns, so they might be going abroad in the Summer. Let's hope they stay stateside!
Old 01-17-02, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Screw BMoore09.

Woohoo, after a 3 year Dave Matthews concert hiatus, I'm making my return! This May I will see show #9 and show #10 after seeing 8 shows from 1995-1999.

I'll be at the show on 5/16 at Irvine, CA with Happycamper (our first concert together!) and at the show the next week here in Portland. Woohoo!
Old 01-17-02, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: Dave Matthews Band spring tour dates

Originally posted by pantala
There goes the neighborhood... thousands of college kids in Abercrombie and Fitch clothes will be at the arena 2 miles from my home clogging trafic to go see a guy whose voice sounds like a Muppet
Old 01-17-02, 05:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Re: Dave Matthews Band spring tour dates

Originally posted by GuessWho
There goes the neighborhood... thousands of college kids in Abercrombie and Fitch clothes will be at the arena 2 miles from my home clogging trafic to go see a guy whose voice sounds like a Muppet
Heh. I left this bit of information out of my Rosemont, IL thread for a reason. I figured if I said what the "event" was, you would have said, "The neighborhood is the worst in Chicago. Imagine the worst Motel 6 you've ever seen. Now add more blood stains and you're getting close to the quality of hotels there. A White Castle that's one more bit of feces away from being closed down is fine dining compared to what there is in Rosemont." If I end up going, there will be at least two non college kids there. And I don't wear A&F, but I like girls who wear Abercrombie & Fitch.
Old 01-17-02, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Dave Matthews Band spring tour dates

Originally posted by AndyCapps
Heh. I left this bit of information out of my Rosemont, IL thread for a reason.

No worries, the neighborhhod is always happy to see a fellow Other
Old 01-18-02, 09:35 AM

Re: Re: Dave Matthews Band spring tour dates

Originally posted by GuessWho
Old 01-19-02, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

screw DMB.

quit thread crapping lurker....