Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

An open letter to Creed

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

An open letter to Creed

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-02, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
An open letter to Creed

Dear Creed,

Please, stop. Altogether. No more music.

Regards,

DTSC
Old 01-10-02, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and please go to every store and remove your albums from the shelves and burn them in a big pile and refund the money that people spent un-knowingly of how much your music sucks...

Thanks
Old 01-10-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

its very simple, if you don't like their music, don't buy it or listen to it, obviously there are alot more people that love their music than not (7 weeks at #1 now)

And STUPID remarks on this board is getting old about them, with no backbone (sure he sounds like Eddie Vedder, my ass)
Old 01-10-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by demonio
its very simple, if you don't like their music, don't buy it or listen to it, obviously there are alot more people that love their music than not (7 weeks at #1 now)

And STUPID remarks on this board is getting old about them, with no backbone (sure he sounds like Eddie Vedder, my ass)
It's very hard NOT to listen to because it's *everywhere*. Promo ads for movies, walk into best buy, etc. Even on the airplane on Delta airlines, they had "entertainment" by Creed.

And I'll make all the stupid remarks I damn well please. Why must every thread on this board be praising something. I'm all for a little negativity!
Old 01-10-02, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by demonio

Just because it spends 7 weeks at #1 doesn't mean it's good. Just because the masses are fooled into believing that these no talent a** clowns make good music, also doesn't make it good.
Old 01-10-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I dont think they will stop, they are raping America in cash big time, 7 weeks and they are already 3 time plat. GEEZ holymonkey
Old 01-10-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

P.S.

Dear Scott Stapp,

You are not Jesus. You are nothing like Jesus. You will never be Jesus.

Go back to Church.
Old 01-10-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by DTSC
It's very hard NOT to listen to because it's *everywhere*. Promo ads for movies, walk into best buy, etc. Even on the airplane on Delta airlines, they had "entertainment" by Creed.
Blame Best Buy. Blame Delta. Not Creed.

Creed made a CD. Period. Others chose to play it. I don't think band members walked into your Best Buy and inserted their disc on the PA.
Old 01-10-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Slug
I dont think they will stop, they are raping America in cash big time, 7 weeks and they are already 3 time plat. GEEZ holymonkey
Rape? Rape is unwilling, people buying a Creed CD is intentional.

Know your terms.
Old 01-10-02, 03:38 PM

I have an idea- if you don't like Creed, read a different thread!
Old 01-10-02, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
That lead singer guy is ugly. Does anyone agree? He's got arms that look like they came from a chimp (or some other early ancestor to humans) and his face is just gross. My mother, on the other hand, thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.... eww

Last edited by shaun3000; 01-10-02 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-10-02, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

His arms look like they came from an ancestor of humans? Interesting, considering a primate is out nearest ancestor.

I really don't care one way or the other about Creed, but I do think it's awfully funny that its become the 'in thing' to bash the band.
Old 01-10-02, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dear Creed,

I haven't listened to my radio without fear in over a year because of the incessant playing of your songs "Higher", "My Own Prison", "One", "With Arms Wide Open" and now "Sacrifice". I really wish to hear other artists music but either your record company dictates your songs be played every 15 minutes or their is an incredible listener demand to hear your songs on the radio that they have already bought. New artists need to be heard not your damn songs 24/7.

Thanks,

A Music Lover
Old 01-10-02, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Toad
His arms look like they came from an ancestor of humans? Interesting, considering a primate is out nearest ancestor.
I meant something besides a chimp, one of our direct ancestors, and he's not QUITE as hairy as a chimpanzee. We didn't come directly from chimps, they spured off somewhere along the line.

Back to Creed bashing.
Old 01-10-02, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by shaun3000
That lead singer guy is ugly. Does anyone agree? He's got arms that look like they came from a chimp (or some other early ancestor to humans) and his face is just gross. My mother, on the other hand, thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.... eww
Funny thing... his arms have nothing to do with me enjoying the song on the radio
Old 01-10-02, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by GuessWho
Rape? Rape is unwilling, people buying a Creed CD is intentional.

Know your terms.
I am sorry sir.
Old 01-10-02, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Slug
I am sorry sir.
Old 01-10-02, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by GuessWho
Funny thing... his arms have nothing to do with me enjoying the song on the radio
Yeah, but when I hear his songs, I can't help but picture him. haha
Old 01-10-02, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think we're overreacting here. Would you rather be having 'NSync and Backstreet and the rest of that garbage back on top of the charts?

Creed is a decent band. Their first album was awesome and I'd venture to say that most of us liked them when they arrived on the scene. They did resemble grunge-types like PJ, but had their own unique and fresh sound. Unfortunately, they never evolved, thus every song sounds the same now, and they kissed up to top-40 radio (their first album never ever played on top-40 and was far better than the second and third).

If you want to bash somebody, try 'NSync and the rest of that prefabricated tripe.
Old 01-10-02, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Mafia81RCV

If you want to bash somebody, try 'NSync and the rest of that prefabricated tripe.
Creed was also prefabricated -- in 1992. And before that in 1973.
Old 01-10-02, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dear Creed,

It is I, POWERBOMB. I want to extend my deepest regrets over my recent misinterpretation of the lyrics to your most recent song. Know that I, POWERBOMB, still enjoy your song and the other one by Nickelback.

Also know that I, POWERBOMB, was pleased to hear that your concert in my hometown is sold out. Unfortunatly, I, POWERBOMB, will not be able to attend. But I, POWEREBOMB, am certain that 3 or 4 local stations will be broadcasting from your sold out show. Perhaps you can find it within yourselves to speak to the masses that will not be there that night.

In closing know that I, POWERBOMB, am vigorously promoting your cd as much as humanly possible for restitution for my misunderstanding of your lyrics to your song My Sacrafice.

Godspeed and continue to spread the Word.

I, POWERBOMB

Old 01-10-02, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the band members get on my nerves, but I don't listen to the radio so I don't ever hear them played.

My Sacrefice is a lyrically idiotic song, but the music is ok. I like their first album, the second album didn't do it for me, and I am not buying the new one because of the idiotic copy protection put on it.
Old 01-10-02, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Toad

I really don't care one way or the other about Creed, but I do think it's awfully funny that its become the 'in thing' to bash the band.

Hey now, I've been bashing creed since My Own Prison came out.. I'm hardly a bandwagon basher.

And the funny thing is I even *like* many bands that are grouped with Creed. At least they were more tolerable back when they weren't playing Inspirational Crap-rock (With Arms Wide Open, Higher, etc.).
Old 01-10-02, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Mafia81RCV
I know you didn't just use 'Creed' and 'unique' in the same breath. There is nothing unique about them, or any of their also-ran friends Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, etc.
Old 01-10-02, 06:47 PM

I'm with you on this one, DTSC. I'm certainly not bandwagon bashing. I went to school in Tallahassee, where they started out, and I hated them there. I think it's entirely important to bash them, 'N Sync and The Backstreet Boys. You can put Puddle of Mudd, etc. in there as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.