Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Where are they now?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Where are they now?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-02, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are they now?

Someone posted in another thread that Pat DiNizio from the Smithereens is a program director at XM Satellite Radio. That's interesting to me. What other musicians do you know of who are working different jobs today? (I know the Smithereens still perform sometimes, but I'm guessing it's not their fulltime job anymore).
Old 01-03-02, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually here is what The Smithereens are doing- (Im friends with them and keep up with them)

They still play together as a group and play lots of festival type shows. Their most recent CD came out in 1999.

Besides that:

Pat DiNizio: (lead singer) program director for XM Satellite Radio (www.XMRadio.com) - he runs the Unsigned Bands channel and plays some awesome music - check it out. He also writes commercial jingles and often plays them with the whole Smithereens. Pat ran for NJ Senate for 2000 but lost. A documentary was made about him that is just now coming out called "Mr. Smithereen Goes To Washington".

Jim Babjak: (guitarist) plays in another band called Buzzed Meg and also writes and performs children's music. He just put ought a Childrens music CD with a friend of his and performs shows for kids - kind of like a rock n roll Raffi. For more info in Jims stuff - http://www.jimbabjak.com/

Dennis Diken: (drummer) plays drums on a variety of projects, writes liner notes for music re-releases such as Frank Sinatra and The Beach Boys, produces some indie rock bands, does graphic design for CD covers, etc., etc. He plays with The Minus 5 (which features members of REM) - also plays with Jim Babjak in Buzzed Meg

Mike Mesaros: (bass player) I dont have all the details on Mike - but Ive heard he is an accomplished chef and works at some upscale NYC restaurants from time to time, he toured with Dion (yes that Dion) and has a CD with him that just came out,

I hope this helps...
Old 01-03-02, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony Kaye - Yes keyboardist 68-71 and 84-94. Last I heard he was running a pizza joint somewhere in upstate NY. Yes, with [insert keyboard player ], still records and tours
Old 01-03-02, 03:06 PM

Terminator X - The DJ from Public Enemy - has taken time away from music to move to rural North Carolina and is raising Ostriches on a farm. From what Ive heard he hasnt had any involvement for a few years with the music scene but may be doing some stuff soon. A guy named DJ Lord works with Public Enemy now.
Old 01-03-02, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thomas Dolby (he of She Blinded Me With Science fame) lives and works in the Bay Area on some web-based music player.

The old drummer for the Motels (the one who played on Only the Lonely) is a co-owner of a Redwood City Video Production company. His name is David somethingorother. My iguana was featured in one of their corporate videos.

Mike Nesmith (the Monkees) owns a rare video/dvd company in New Mexico. The store's specialty is videos that Nesmith produced including Repoman and Timerider.