Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Concert for NYC

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-01, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concert for NYC

I was just watching a re-broadcast on VH1 and they mentioned the DVD for 1/29 although I haven't seen it listed anywhere. Any one have any more insight on this?
Old 12-28-01, 03:40 PM
Banned

I don't have info but I just wanted to say that The Who owned the entire friggin' night.
Old 12-29-01, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Concert for NYC

Originally posted by changingman
I was just watching a re-broadcast on VH1 and they mentioned the DVD for 1/29 although I haven't seen it listed anywhere. Any one have any more insight on this?
The DVD companion to Columbia Record's two-CD set The Concert For New York will include extra footage of performances by Elton John, Billy Joel, the Who, and Paul McCartney.

The two-disc DVD set, due Jan. 29 on Columbia, will include John's "I Want Love," John and Joel's "Your Song," the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes," and McCartney's "Freedom" (the non-finale version) -- all absent from the CD version of the charity benefit concert.

The five-hour DVD also includes footage of several star-studded presenters and eight short films, created specifically for the event by such high-profile directors as Martin Scorsese, Spike Lee, Woody Allen, and Kevin Smith, among others.

The Concert for New York, put together by McCartney to benefit victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, took place in October (allstar, Oct. 22). The net proceeds from the sale of the DVD will benefit the Robin Hood Relief Fund.

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver...itemid=1492808
Old 12-29-01, 05:59 PM

Cool thanks for the cdnow link (It must be relatively new cause I did search there). And by the way, The Who did blow everyone else away. They didn't pick obscure sentimental ballads and they didn't stand up and preach, they just played great rock and roll.

"I woke up in a SoHo doorway, a policeman knew my name..."

Ahhh, makes me remember those nights in the Garden back in 79