Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Oingo Boingo Farewell Live DVD

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-01, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't believe that this DVD was released with absolutely no anouncement beforehand.

Does anyone have this DVD? Is it good?

I've seen a few Online retailers have this in stock and others don't even list it at all. What was MCA thinking? Do they have an aversion to letting people know when a title is released?
Old 10-12-01, 06:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was surprised to see this too. I didn't pick it up because I have the album and I was at the concert. How is the doc? Did you ever have this on VHS? I didn't and would like to know how the doc and other features are because that would be the only reason I would buy this.
Old 10-13-01, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea... the first time I heard about this one... was when DVDreviews posted that there were easter eggs on it... If anybody has a review of this one I would love to read it... I missed that show but I have the album...
Old 10-13-01, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts
Well, acording to the people who posted on Amazon, it's the same VHS vhs video transfer and 2.0 sound, so yuck! Still, I'm thinking about it since my wife and I were at the show
Old 10-13-01, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VHS transfer... 2.0 audio... no wonder there wasn't a huge press release... how are the extras? This one sounds like a rent... maybe the will come out with the Ultimate Edition with DTS
Old 10-13-01, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
It's pretty much exactly the same as the VHS release except that the whole concert is on disc one and all the extras are on disc 2. I From what I remember on the VHS, the doc is pretty good. Mostly interviews from before the last concert where they go over the history of Boingo. It's pretty ineresting as they show rehersal for the last show as well a their meal before going on. This leads right up to them going on stage.

The video looks pretty weak, but I love Boingo so I don't care. I too was at one of their last shows so seeing this brings back those memories.