Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

ICP dropped from their label

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-01, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone still listen to ICP?

Here is the article.

ICP Dropped From Label
Thursday - September 27, 2001
by Kid Icarus

As the Insane Clown Posse heads out to begin a tour this week, they will have to do so knowing that they no longer have a major label backing them. Island Def Jam failed to renew ICP's contract, leaving them with a tour and a new album to deal with on their own.

Island Def Jam will still distribute the ICP albums that they put out, including The Great Milenko, The Amazing Jeckel Brothers, Bizzar and Bizaar. ICP released an album with Collaborators Twiztid and Blaze Ya Dead Homie, under the band name Dark Lotus. They are launching a US tour with the collective called the Hatcher Rising Tour, which kicks off in Seattle on September 28.

ICP also have a new album coming out on their own, which will be their eighth. Their own label Psychopathic Records could release the album but it will lack the distribution that Island Def Jam allowed them. They are currently seeking another major label deal.
Old 10-10-01, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to listen to some of their stuff back in like '94-'96 but not really since. They did play a gig in Austin a few months ago that I almost went to.
Old 10-10-01, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good.

Juggalos have to be the most moronic individuals in the world....
Old 10-10-01, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts
I always thought of them as sort of a musical version of a bad 80's horror movie. Their earlier stuff is pretty unfocused, but Ringmaster, the Great Milenko and the Amazing Jeckel Brothers are fun if you don't take them to seriously. Bizaar and Bizzare were pretty lame overall. A cover of "Lets go all the way"??? WTF were they thinking?

I've never been to an ICP show, mainly because of that whole Juggalo thing. While it might be fun to watch the mayhem on stage, I really don't feel like getting my ass kicked as a member of the audience.

I wonder if Island Def Jam's hideous overpricing of their catalog has anything to do with the weak sales that no doubt led to their being dropped. I've seen their stuff for as much as $19.99 in stores. No one is going to pay that for this type of stuff.
Old 10-11-01, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Somewhere, Marshall Mathers is laughing.