Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

GORILLAZ the thread.

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

GORILLAZ the thread.

Old 10-01-01, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GORILLAZ the thread.

Here you go. for all those Gorillaz fans.. heres the place to unload your cool pictures of the animated group, aswell as news on future concerts (rumored to start in october) and whatever else.

Old 10-01-01, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess this would be "whatever else". I first heard Clint Eastwood back in May, and wasn't very impressed. Del's rhymes weren't very inspired and the chorus was kinda annoying. Cool video, though the Russel creature was kinda weird.

Anyway, then a few months back it started catching on, so I listened to a few more tracks and decided to buy the album to give it a chance (and 'cause I have to buy just about anything with Dan Nakamura). I was surprised, I ended up liking the CD quite a lot. It's probably one of my top 3 CD's this year, and if they come down to Florida I'll definitely have to catch them.

Now, if they'll only come through with another Deltron 3030 album...
Old 10-01-01, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, its the best full chill album to come out this whole year.
Old 10-02-01, 03:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I read that they performed at this years Creamfields UK Music Festival behind a white curtain, shadow puppetry like, for their entire set - WTF?!? I be pretty interested in seeing how they are going to play live for their US tour.
Old 10-02-01, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Haha, they're supposed to be a cartoon band, after all. Somehow I don't think that would fly for a US tour, though.
Old 10-02-01, 04:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I remember seeing Tripping Daisy a few years back where they did the same thing for a couple of songs at the beginning of their show, thankfully, they then dropped the curtain revealing the band and utter chaos ensued - yeah!
Old 10-03-01, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I must say also, Client eastwood wasn't the best that gorillaz had to offer, the album is incredable on its other tracks. and the animation for the videos..

19-2000's driving video was bad ass,

tomorrow comes today is a trip aswell.

great animation

and for them to have atleast two singles off a Side project band.. might impressive.
Old 10-03-01, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I must say also, Client eastwood wasn't the best that gorillaz had to offer, the album is incredable on its other tracks. and the animation for the videos..

19-2000's driving video was bad ass,

tomorrow comes today is a trip aswell.

great animation

and for them to have atleast two singles off a Side project band.. might impressive.
I hope since the video adds to the music the group is releasing a dvd right

maybe i need to check this cd out in the meantime. I liked Clint Eastwood and I am curious about the rest of the cd.