Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-14-17, 03:51 AM   #1
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Hazel Motes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,647
5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Man or woman. I bet she'll even bounce Harrison Ford.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Guardians of the Galaxy 1,2 and beyond.
The Avengers Infinity Wars 1,2 and beyond
Star Trek 1,2,3 and beyond
Avatar 1,2,3,4.
My Little Pony: The Movie and beyond

I'm actually surprised she doesn't already hold the title.

Tell me how I'm wrong. Who do you see topping her?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 05:25 AM   #2
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 54,146
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

I can see that.

I wonder who is the current "unlikely" box office champ though. I'm thinking along the lines of Hugo Weaving. The LOTR & Hobbit films, Matrix Trilogy, the Transformers series, Captain America, and Happy Feet. He's gotta be up there.
__________________

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 08:28 AM   #3
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,142
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I can see that.

I wonder who is the current "unlikely" box office champ though. I'm thinking along the lines of Hugo Weaving. The LOTR & Hobbit films, Matrix Trilogy, the Transformers series, Captain America, and Happy Feet. He's gotta be up there.
According to Box Office Mojo, it's Samuel L Jackson.

I don't even see Weaving in the top 50.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/...umgross&p=.htm
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 08:34 AM   #4
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
d2cheer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 8,011
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post

Tell me how I'm wrong. Who do you see topping her?
Who cares??? She got lucky to be in some successful franchises. No one goes to see a movie strictly for her.
__________________
They banned Snake man. They banned Snake! They had no business doing that. None.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 08:53 AM   #5
DVD Talk Legend
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 23,767
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Who cares??? She got lucky to be in some successful franchises. No one goes to see a movie strictly for her.


Pretty much. Although they tried with Colombiana and that movie sucked. The same with her ROsemary's Baby remake series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 09:00 AM   #6
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 15,240
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I can see that.

I wonder who is the current "unlikely" box office champ though. I'm thinking along the lines of Hugo Weaving. The LOTR & Hobbit films, Matrix Trilogy, the Transformers series, Captain America, and Happy Feet. He's gotta be up there.
If we just count cameos, Stan Lee probably sits pretty high.

For voice work: Frank Welker.
__________________
You really have a low threshold for sig material. - Numanoid
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 09:11 AM   #7
Time Lord
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 52,545
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Isn't Christopher Lee up there? LOTR and Star Wars alone should put him up there.
__________________
“Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
Check out my vinyl collection!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 09:51 AM   #8
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,339
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

I would agrree that it would be Stan Lee since he is in all the Marvel movies and with 3 a year grossing at least $300 million each, that adds $1 billion domestic to the total. Assumuming he lives a few more years he could easily top Jackson and he may have some generic scenes tucked away that could be inserted into Marvel movie for years after his death.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 09:54 AM   #9
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,339
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

After checking, it looks like Stan is the highest even topping Jackson at about 7.7 billion. Zoe Saldana is #77 on the list at $2.8 billion. She's got a long way to go.

Name Movies Total Box Office Average
1 Stan Lee 39 $7,764,889,823 $199,099,739
2 Samuel L. Jackson 123 $7,726,668,910 $62,818,446
3 Frank Welker 109 $6,790,735,435 $62,300,325
4 Bob Bergen 57 $5,931,155,179 $104,055,354
5 John Ratzenberger 44 $5,619,760,217 $127,721,823
6 Warwick Davis 23 $5,093,947,693 $221,475,987
7 Morgan Freeman 79 $4,980,416,149 $63,043,242
8 Harrison Ford 49 $4,960,074,007 $101,226,000
9 Tom Hanks 57 $4,711,715,619 $82,661,678
10 Stanley Tucci 76 $4,224,839,970 $55,590,000
11 Bill Hader 36 $4,164,842,595 $115,690,072
12 Robert Downey, Jr. 63 $4,147,631,156 $65,835,415
13 Mickie McGowan 27 $4,126,651,369 $152,838,940
14 Tom Cruise 45 $4,094,225,238 $90,982,783
15 Elizabeth Banks 47 $4,093,778,125 $87,101,662
16 Liam Neeson 80 $4,092,744,942 $51,159,312
17 Hugo Weaving 35 $4,077,371,499 $116,496,329
18 Gary Oldman 46 $4,044,666,619 $87,927,535
19 Alan Tudyk 31 $3,906,221,958 $126,007,160
20 Jack Angel 27 $3,841,853,642 $142,290,876
21 Eddie Murphy 42 $3,806,950,570 $90,641,680
22 Scarlett Johansson 44 $3,773,728,608 $85,766,559
23 Ian McKellen 39 $3,761,643,616 $96,452,400
24 Matt Damon 64 $3,745,000,720 $58,515,636
25 Andy Serkis 30 $3,665,085,597 $122,169,520
26 Sherry Lynn 25 $3,607,646,336 $144,305,853
27 Robin Williams 72 $3,571,414,609 $49,602,981
28 Johnny Depp 62 $3,553,352,066 $57,312,130
29 Michael Caine 66 $3,551,137,170 $53,805,109
30 Alan Rickman 39 $3,549,606,355 $91,015,548
31 Bruce Willis 83 $3,500,954,518 $42,180,175
32 Anthony Daniels 10 $3,455,575,537 $345,557,554
33 Robbie Coltrane 37 $3,409,178,854 $92,139,969
34 Willem Dafoe 77 $3,409,153,911 $44,274,726
35 Cate Blanchett 50 $3,404,079,086 $68,081,582
36 Owen Wilson 52 $3,367,310,105 $64,755,964
37 Michael Papajohn 36 $3,359,281,310 $93,313,370
38 James Earl Jones 51 $3,350,306,399 $65,692,282
39 Stellan Skarsgård 48 $3,345,355,298 $69,694,902
40 Kenny Baker 13 $3,298,803,201 $253,754,092
41 Jon Favreau 37 $3,278,858,314 $88,617,792
42 Helena Bonham Carter 45 $3,240,541,228 $72,012,027
43 Will Smith 29 $3,240,113,132 $111,728,039
44 Woody Harrelson 66 $3,226,990,620 $48,893,797
45 Sigourney Weaver 60 $3,219,760,928 $53,662,682
46 Dwayne Johnson 40 $3,208,774,446 $80,219,361
47 Don Cheadle 41 $3,199,896,436 $78,046,255
48 Emma Watson 18 $3,189,821,827 $177,212,324
49 J.K. Simmons 68 $3,180,202,957 $46,767,691
50 Bill Farmer 21 $3,177,092,320 $151,290,110
51 Cameron Diaz 40 $3,173,700,372 $79,342,509
52 John Goodman 80 $3,144,904,555 $39,311,307
53 Donald Sutherland 69 $3,126,826,603 $45,316,328
54 Maggie Smith 41 $3,120,376,240 $76,106,738
55 Robert De Niro 93 $3,103,485,070 $33,370,807
56 John Cleese 49 $3,095,450,870 $63,172,467
57 Steve Buscemi 86 $3,081,081,822 $35,826,533
58 Idris Elba 36 $3,070,927,172 $85,303,533
59 Ralph Fiennes 46 $3,067,177,540 $66,677,773
60 Jonah Hill 38 $3,058,206,275 $80,479,113
61 Paul Bettany 28 $3,057,508,097 $109,196,718
62 Ben Stiller 50 $3,047,184,433 $60,943,689
63 Jim Cummings 33 $3,013,651,724 $91,322,780
64 Phil Proctor 29 $3,004,794,736 $103,613,612
65 Jess Harnell 16 $2,990,472,096 $186,904,506
66 Frank Oz 26 $2,987,581,835 $114,906,994
67 Bonnie Hunt 26 $2,986,181,928 $114,853,151
68 Allison Janney 53 $2,973,411,980 $56,102,113
69 Paul Giamatti 64 $2,953,075,191 $46,141,800
70 Orlando Bloom 27 $2,928,254,003 $108,453,852
71 Martin Klebba 44 $2,900,839,071 $65,928,161
72 Laurence Fishburne 60 $2,894,954,016 $48,249,234
73 Gwyneth Paltrow 43 $2,886,299,057 $67,123,234
74 Tommy Lee Jones 49 $2,868,773,744 $58,546,403
75 Adam Sandler 44 $2,860,581,826 $65,013,223
76 Carrie Fisher 35 $2,854,129,454 $81,546,556
77 Zoe Saldana 35 $2,832,064,700 $80,916,134
78 Bradley Cooper 31 $2,815,467,670 $90,821,538
79 Emma Thompson 43 $2,814,685,513 $65,457,803
80 Steve Carell 34 $2,808,860,437 $82,613,542
81 Alec Baldwin 72 $2,804,822,320 $38,955,866
82 Geoffrey Rush 38 $2,799,393,587 $73,668,252
83 Julia Roberts 48 $2,796,542,277 $58,261,297
84 Timothy Spall 47 $2,791,068,945 $59,384,446
85 Julie Walters 24 $2,785,204,930 $116,050,205
86 Kathy Bates 61 $2,783,017,237 $45,623,233
87 Simon Pegg 32 $2,772,137,528 $86,629,298
88 Brad Pitt 48 $2,748,859,654 $57,267,909
89 Tom Felton 21 $2,746,888,791 $130,804,228
90 Christopher Lee 34 $2,744,298,336 $80,714,657
91 Vin Diesel 28 $2,743,478,667 $97,981,381
92 Stephen Root 46 $2,741,403,953 $59,595,738
93 Will Ferrell 43 $2,733,391,890 $63,567,253
94 Dustin Hoffman 47 $2,722,972,052 $57,935,576
95 John Travolta 53 $2,700,214,817 $50,947,449
96 William Fichtner 39 $2,697,375,624 $69,163,478
97 Michael Gambon 45 $2,694,711,819 $59,882,485
98 Jim Carrey 37 $2,691,698,874 $72,748,618
99 Seth Rogen 33 $2,688,468,860 $81,468,753
100 Bill Murray 56 $2,675,480,216 $47,776,432
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 10:00 AM   #10
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 30,120
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Who cares??? She got lucky to be in some successful franchises. No one goes to see a movie strictly for her.
It's more an interesting factoid rather than an indication of popularity.
__________________
"Pear Pimples for Hairy Fishnuts!"

My So-Called DVD Life (Profiler),A Fistful of Discs (DVDAf)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 10:36 AM   #11
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,339
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
After checking, it looks like Stan is the highest even topping Jackson at about 7.7 billion. Zoe Saldana is #77 on the list at $2.8 billion. She's got a long way to go.

Name Movies Total Box Office Average
1 Stan Lee 39 $7,764,889,823 $199,099,739
2 Samuel L. Jackson 123 $7,726,668,910 $62,818,446
3 Frank Welker 109 $6,790,735,435 $62,300,325
4 Bob Bergen 57 $5,931,155,179 $104,055,354
5 John Ratzenberger 44 $5,619,760,217 $127,721,823
6 Warwick Davis 23 $5,093,947,693 $221,475,987
7 Morgan Freeman 79 $4,980,416,149 $63,043,242
8 Harrison Ford 49 $4,960,074,007 $101,226,000
9 Tom Hanks 57 $4,711,715,619 $82,661,678
10 Stanley Tucci 76 $4,224,839,970 $55,590,000
11 Bill Hader 36 $4,164,842,595 $115,690,072
12 Robert Downey, Jr. 63 $4,147,631,156 $65,835,415
13 Mickie McGowan 27 $4,126,651,369 $152,838,940
14 Tom Cruise 45 $4,094,225,238 $90,982,783
15 Elizabeth Banks 47 $4,093,778,125 $87,101,662
16 Liam Neeson 80 $4,092,744,942 $51,159,312
17 Hugo Weaving 35 $4,077,371,499 $116,496,329
18 Gary Oldman 46 $4,044,666,619 $87,927,535
19 Alan Tudyk 31 $3,906,221,958 $126,007,160
20 Jack Angel 27 $3,841,853,642 $142,290,876
21 Eddie Murphy 42 $3,806,950,570 $90,641,680
22 Scarlett Johansson 44 $3,773,728,608 $85,766,559
23 Ian McKellen 39 $3,761,643,616 $96,452,400
24 Matt Damon 64 $3,745,000,720 $58,515,636
25 Andy Serkis 30 $3,665,085,597 $122,169,520
26 Sherry Lynn 25 $3,607,646,336 $144,305,853
27 Robin Williams 72 $3,571,414,609 $49,602,981
28 Johnny Depp 62 $3,553,352,066 $57,312,130
29 Michael Caine 66 $3,551,137,170 $53,805,109
30 Alan Rickman 39 $3,549,606,355 $91,015,548
31 Bruce Willis 83 $3,500,954,518 $42,180,175
32 Anthony Daniels 10 $3,455,575,537 $345,557,554
33 Robbie Coltrane 37 $3,409,178,854 $92,139,969
34 Willem Dafoe 77 $3,409,153,911 $44,274,726
35 Cate Blanchett 50 $3,404,079,086 $68,081,582
36 Owen Wilson 52 $3,367,310,105 $64,755,964
37 Michael Papajohn 36 $3,359,281,310 $93,313,370
38 James Earl Jones 51 $3,350,306,399 $65,692,282
39 Stellan Skarsgård 48 $3,345,355,298 $69,694,902
40 Kenny Baker 13 $3,298,803,201 $253,754,092
41 Jon Favreau 37 $3,278,858,314 $88,617,792
42 Helena Bonham Carter 45 $3,240,541,228 $72,012,027
43 Will Smith 29 $3,240,113,132 $111,728,039
44 Woody Harrelson 66 $3,226,990,620 $48,893,797
45 Sigourney Weaver 60 $3,219,760,928 $53,662,682
46 Dwayne Johnson 40 $3,208,774,446 $80,219,361
47 Don Cheadle 41 $3,199,896,436 $78,046,255
48 Emma Watson 18 $3,189,821,827 $177,212,324
49 J.K. Simmons 68 $3,180,202,957 $46,767,691
50 Bill Farmer 21 $3,177,092,320 $151,290,110
51 Cameron Diaz 40 $3,173,700,372 $79,342,509
52 John Goodman 80 $3,144,904,555 $39,311,307
53 Donald Sutherland 69 $3,126,826,603 $45,316,328
54 Maggie Smith 41 $3,120,376,240 $76,106,738
55 Robert De Niro 93 $3,103,485,070 $33,370,807
56 John Cleese 49 $3,095,450,870 $63,172,467
57 Steve Buscemi 86 $3,081,081,822 $35,826,533
58 Idris Elba 36 $3,070,927,172 $85,303,533
59 Ralph Fiennes 46 $3,067,177,540 $66,677,773
60 Jonah Hill 38 $3,058,206,275 $80,479,113
61 Paul Bettany 28 $3,057,508,097 $109,196,718
62 Ben Stiller 50 $3,047,184,433 $60,943,689
63 Jim Cummings 33 $3,013,651,724 $91,322,780
64 Phil Proctor 29 $3,004,794,736 $103,613,612
65 Jess Harnell 16 $2,990,472,096 $186,904,506
66 Frank Oz 26 $2,987,581,835 $114,906,994
67 Bonnie Hunt 26 $2,986,181,928 $114,853,151
68 Allison Janney 53 $2,973,411,980 $56,102,113
69 Paul Giamatti 64 $2,953,075,191 $46,141,800
70 Orlando Bloom 27 $2,928,254,003 $108,453,852
71 Martin Klebba 44 $2,900,839,071 $65,928,161
72 Laurence Fishburne 60 $2,894,954,016 $48,249,234
73 Gwyneth Paltrow 43 $2,886,299,057 $67,123,234
74 Tommy Lee Jones 49 $2,868,773,744 $58,546,403
75 Adam Sandler 44 $2,860,581,826 $65,013,223
76 Carrie Fisher 35 $2,854,129,454 $81,546,556
77 Zoe Saldana 35 $2,832,064,700 $80,916,134
78 Bradley Cooper 31 $2,815,467,670 $90,821,538
79 Emma Thompson 43 $2,814,685,513 $65,457,803
80 Steve Carell 34 $2,808,860,437 $82,613,542
81 Alec Baldwin 72 $2,804,822,320 $38,955,866
82 Geoffrey Rush 38 $2,799,393,587 $73,668,252
83 Julia Roberts 48 $2,796,542,277 $58,261,297
84 Timothy Spall 47 $2,791,068,945 $59,384,446
85 Julie Walters 24 $2,785,204,930 $116,050,205
86 Kathy Bates 61 $2,783,017,237 $45,623,233
87 Simon Pegg 32 $2,772,137,528 $86,629,298
88 Brad Pitt 48 $2,748,859,654 $57,267,909
89 Tom Felton 21 $2,746,888,791 $130,804,228
90 Christopher Lee 34 $2,744,298,336 $80,714,657
91 Vin Diesel 28 $2,743,478,667 $97,981,381
92 Stephen Root 46 $2,741,403,953 $59,595,738
93 Will Ferrell 43 $2,733,391,890 $63,567,253
94 Dustin Hoffman 47 $2,722,972,052 $57,935,576
95 John Travolta 53 $2,700,214,817 $50,947,449
96 William Fichtner 39 $2,697,375,624 $69,163,478
97 Michael Gambon 45 $2,694,711,819 $59,882,485
98 Jim Carrey 37 $2,691,698,874 $72,748,618
99 Seth Rogen 33 $2,688,468,860 $81,468,753
100 Bill Murray 56 $2,675,480,216 $47,776,432
Interesting on this list is that many of the top earners are ones that many people would not expect of possibly even heard of before.

John Ratzenberger at number 5 due to voice acting
Most people will not know who Frank Welker is.
Anthony Daniels probably has the highes averge movie gross on the list as he is the Stan Lee of Star Wars movies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 11:18 AM   #12
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,928
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
Interesting on this list is that many of the top earners are ones that many people would not expect of possibly even heard of before.

John Ratzenberger at number 5 due to voice acting
Most people will not know who Frank Welker is.
Anthony Daniels probably has the highes averge movie gross on the list as he is the Stan Lee of Star Wars movies.
Voice work is definitely where it's at!

I had to Google who the fuck Bob Bergen and Mickie McGowan are. Both of which are in the Top 15 and higher than Tom Cruise.
__________________
...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 11:25 AM   #13
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 71,673
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Looks like Bergen and McGowan have the benefit of being in all the Pixar movies. Pretty much how Stan Lee got to the top of the list.
__________________
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 11:28 AM   #14
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,928
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Looks like Bergen and McGowan have the benefit of being in all the Pixar movies. Pretty much how Stan Lee got to the top of the list.
Yep. Pixar owns the first half of that list.
__________________
...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 11:46 AM   #15
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 31,505
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

who was she in Curse of the Black Pearl?
__________________
"be kind rewind" Movie collection
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 11:51 AM   #16
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hell, but currently heading North
Posts: 9,928
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

A pirate.
__________________
"Whoa, did Walter Goggins fuck your mother?" - Osiris3657
Perhaps he did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 01:59 PM   #17
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 54,146
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

D'oh, I should have thought of Ratzenberger. Talk about unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flix View Post
According to Box Office Mojo, it's Samuel L Jackson.

I don't even see Weaving in the top 50.
Jackson doesn't fall into the "unlikely" category though. He's a mega star that headlines movies. No one would be surprised to see him at the top of a list like this. It'd be interesting to take guru's list and remove the Fords, Cruises, Downy Jrs, Hanks, etc. of the world and leave just actors that don't headline movies.

Stan Lee is unique since he just cameos with nothing more than a single line of dialog.
__________________

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 03:21 PM   #18
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,419
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

I counted 12 on that list I never heard of, plus quite a few more I've heard of but have never actually seen in anything (e.g. Warwick Davis).
__________________
“Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice.” - Will Durant
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 03:33 PM   #19
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 9,078
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

We are talking about actors in highest grossing movies but not individual actor income correct?
__________________
XBL Gamertag: edstein
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 03:33 PM   #20
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,339
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Really looking at the list, I would say that maybe 20 are true headliners/leading actors. Samuel Jackson I would say is borderline headliner at best. He's mainly only on the list for tow reasns. One is he doesn't seem to be very choosy about the roles he accepts. He's starred in 123 according to the list, well above just about all of the others.vthr other reason is that he's acted in small roles in 2 big franchises. He was in episodes 1- 3 of Star Wars and a number of Marvel movies. I don't know if many people go to his movies just to see him, but define tell not for the franchise movies.

Elizabeth Banks is quite high on the list but virtually no one is going to the movies just because she is in it. She sits ok n the list just below Tom Cruise but the are not in the same league even though I personally don't line Cruise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 04:05 PM   #21
DVD Talk Legend
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,662
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
who was she in Curse of the Black Pearl?


"You stole my boat!"
__________________
Is that the best you can do, you pansies? - Marv in Sin City

Croc RULE!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 06:09 PM   #22
DVD Talk Legend
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 15,244
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

Don't forget Ratzenberger was also in The Empire Strikes Back!
__________________
dvdjunkie32 forgets how Otterville works: I only asked for some simple advice, not 7 pages of mockery.

Kurtie Dee gets Otter:Think about that: Since you're asking us, you know what you want to do is wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 06:11 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,724
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

I really don't think any of Stan Lee's cameos should count except for his role in Mallrats.
__________________
xboxlive: brackster
PSN: brackster81
Nintendo id: brackster
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 08:09 PM   #24
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,138
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

They should make another list that excludes actors who have less then 3 minutes of screen-time. Voice work would still count if the character is on screen more then 3 minutes. It will however not count the cameo's which is sort of a cheat to count that movie towards the actors BO.

Although looking at the list, looks like Stan Lee would take the biggest hit. Probably drop him down to just Mallrats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 08:21 PM   #25
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 31,505
Re: 5 years from now the highest grossing actor of all-time will be Zoe Saldana.

I love that Warwick Davis is #6. Those Leprecheun movies must have made a bundle
__________________
"be kind rewind" Movie collection
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0