Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

View Poll Results: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 2017) The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
10 10.10%
32 32.32%
38 38.38%
9 9.09%
8 8.08%
1 1.01%
0 0%
0 0%
1 1.01%
0 0%
0 0%
What are you high? 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-17, 04:29 PM   #251
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 2017) The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Elizabeth Debicki as the gold alien lady was my favourite part of the movie. I found her very compelling.
Old 08-31-17, 04:38 PM   #252
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 2017) The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

She's awesome in The Night Manager.
Old 08-31-17, 05:24 PM   #253
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
And oh...the whole scene where Ego explains his history to Peter? TOTAL RIP OFF of the Man of Steel scene with Kal and Jor El inside the ancient kryptonian ship! Animated 3D graphics and all.
Before I only kind of liked GOTG2. Now I fucking hate it! That damn Snyder. I mean Gunn.
Old 08-31-17, 07:00 PM   #254
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
Elizabeth Debicki as the gold alien lady was my favourite part of the movie. I found her very compelling.
She reminded me of Paris Hilton.
Old 08-31-17, 08:30 PM   #255
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I just wasn't a huge fan of Drax's comedy hour. With his awkward nature, laughing at stuff worked in the first film. Him cracking up in every scene he was in this movie got tiresome. Oh and the soundtrack was a letdown compared to the first. Gunn tried to be too cool with the deep cuts.
I liked Drax's character better in Vol. 2. Yeah, his laughing at everything seemed a bit excessive at times but, IMO, it still works better than his "literal" personality in Vol. 1 that I felt got tiresome after awhile.

And speaking of improving on the characters in part 2, I've got to say Groot annoyed the shit out of me in part 1 and was a damn delight as Baby Groot in part 2! Baby Groot had so much more personality than dumb-as-a-rock grown Groot.

Same with Yondu. Who would have thought his somewhat dickish character in Vol. 1 could have turned into such a sympathetic character in part 2 (I know nothing of his arc in the comics). And while it's a shame he died, I can't think of another comic book movie that had such a meaningful send-off to a departed character as Yondu's.

Last edited by GoldenJCJ; 08-31-17 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-01-17, 01:31 PM   #256
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
Before I only kind of liked GOTG2. Now I fucking hate it! That damn Snyder. I mean Gunn.
Old 09-01-17, 04:19 PM   #257
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
I liked Drax's character better in Vol. 2. Yeah, his laughing at everything seemed a bit excessive at times but, IMO, it still works better than his "literal" personality in Vol. 1 that I felt got tiresome after awhile.

And speaking of improving on the characters in part 2, I've got to say Groot annoyed the shit out of me in part 1 and was a damn delight as Baby Groot in part 2! Baby Groot had so much more personality than dumb-as-a-rock grown Groot.

Same with Yondu. Who would have thought his somewhat dickish character in Vol. 1 could have turned into such a sympathetic character in part 2 (I know nothing of his arc in the comics). And while it's a shame he died, I can't think of another comic book movie that had such a meaningful send-off to a departed character as Yondu's.

Just like in humans. Being dumb is cute as long as you're small. Once your a full grown adult. Dumb isn't cute anymore. Unless you're girl. Then its adorable until you're like 40.
Old 09-10-17, 06:28 PM   #258
Inane Thread Master

gotta say...surprisingly more fun the second time around. It was ok in the theater, but watching now everything clicking (except that horrible father/son energy ball catch). Really enjoying. The 3D is excellent. The depth is really good. Yondu and Rocket's breakout scene on the ship was especially great in 3D. I will say I liked vol. 1's soundtrack better, but it's all good.
Old 09-10-17, 07:40 PM   #259
Inane Thread Master

That Yondu death scene and memorial was pretty damn good.