Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-15, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
re: Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by islandclaws
Ridley Scott is proof that age doesn't mean shit until you're dead. Which, admittedly, given his age could be at any time.
Not a good example, since I could argue Ridley hasn't directed a good movie since he was about 60. Clint Eastwood would have been a better example.

I have no problems with George Miller directing a Superman movie, although I suspect he'll pass once he discovers he won't have much say in terms of storyline.
Old 08-21-15, 11:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never seen any of the films of his aside from the Mad Max but seems like he's had success in other stuff. Which is rather fascinating. So Supes doesn't seem like so much of a stretch.
Old 08-21-15, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I've never seen any of the films of his aside from the Mad Max but seems like he's had success in other stuff. Which is rather fascinating. So Supes doesn't seem like so much of a stretch.
He seems to have done a lot of family films and a couple dramas. Nothing that really makes me think of him for Superman. Aside from the Mad Max films his biggest films seem to be one of the segments in Twilight Zone: The Movie Babe: Pig in the City, Happy Feet, and Happy Feet Two.
Old 08-22-15, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If this movie even happens at all. WB is in Batman Everything Mode right now. I'm almost positive Cavill will be forgotten by the end of JL2.
Old 08-22-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Can they somehow bring Faora back?
Old 08-22-15, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
Yes, guys, we'd all like to see more Mad Max movies, too.

It's just a shame Miller is only allowed to direct one more movie in his life before returning to his home planet.

Or, more likely, he can do MoS 2 and then another MM. Crazy thought, right?
Ok, I'd rather see Miller direct three new Mad Max movies than two Mad Max movies and a Superman movie.
Old 08-22-15, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
He seems to have done a lot of family films and a couple dramas. Nothing that really makes me think of him for Superman. Aside from the Mad Max films his biggest films seem to be one of the segments in Twilight Zone: The Movie Babe: Pig in the City, Happy Feet, and Happy Feet Two.
His segment in TZ was, hands down, the best in the whole movie. He made Spielberg his bitch, and that was even back when Spielberg was good.
Old 08-22-15, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
His segment in TZ was, hands down, the best in the whole movie. He made Spielberg his bitch, and that was even back when Spielberg was good.
I forgot about that bit. I saw the film as a kid and Miller's segment stayed w/ me since. Especially Lithgow. It was a damn fine bit.

I still think Spielberg is good though. But Miller did beat the shit out of everyone in that one.
Old 08-23-15, 09:14 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I forgot about that bit. I saw the film as a kid and Miller's segment stayed w/ me since. Especially Lithgow. It was a damn fine bit.

I still think Spielberg is good though. But Miller did beat the shit out of everyone in that one.
William Shatner did it better in the original series. That sequence was a remake, so not very challenging.
Old 08-24-15, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah, to be honest i had even forgotten that the remake of the classic Shatner story from the Twilight Zone was in the movie. The Spielberg story is even more forgettable. The Vic Morrow story and the one about the kid with the powers are the strongest in the whole movie. And t is tough to see a remake of a story that has already gone down as a classic.

Miller i think has shown great talent, and one of my favorite movies of his is the Witches of Eastwick. Really entertaining movie. I wish he had spent more time on stronger movies rather than kiddie fare, but its a business and i guess sometimes you gotta play it smart.

I think he would be better stepping away from Superman. He would never be able to make a movie on his terms. He should go back and shoot 2 more Max movies back to back.
Old 08-24-15, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

He might not have a choice. Warner could make a deal for him to direct MOS2 in exchange for Mad Max: The Wasteland. That is, if Warner really wants him to direct. They have more leverage.
Old 08-24-15, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Making someone do one movie in exchange for another always works out well.
Old 08-24-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Old 08-24-15, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Making someone do one movie in exchange for another always works out well.
Not saying it's a good idea but I can see Warner trying that tactic... if they actually want Miller to do MOS2. Right now it's Internet rumor run amok.
Old 08-24-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Axeramm
It's sci-fi and comic book sci-fi, so anything is possible. IIRC, wasn't she and a few others sent to the Phantom Zone toward the end of the film? I seem to recall Emil Hamilton and Christopher Meloni's character were among them.
Old 08-24-15, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
He might not have a choice. Warner could make a deal for him to direct MOS2 in exchange for Mad Max: The Wasteland. That is, if Warner really wants him to direct. They have more leverage.
I don't know about that necessarily. Mad Max: Fury Road did really well overall so using a Superman film as leverage for him being able to do another Mad Max sequel doesn't exactly seem smart. They'd just be hurting themselves if he turned down Superman and that's the only way they'd allow him to do a Mad Max sequel.
Old 08-25-15, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

During last week’s episode of Popcorn Talk, Jon Schnepp dropped a rather huge bombshell – that George Miller would be directing ‘Man of Steel 2’. But according to Den of Geek, that rumour isn’t quite on the money… and it seems the sequel may have been canned already.

“We’ve since heard from two sources that there might be substance to this rumour. They tell us that Miller is indeed in talks with Warner Bros about the possibility of taking on one of its future DC movies, though exactly what that movie is hasn’t been decided as yet… While this doesn’t rule out the possibility of Miller taking on Man Of Steel 2, another source has said that, as far as they understand it, the sequel is on ‘permanent hold’.”

Unfortunately, we’re not entirely sure what that means, at least for now.

Has ‘Man of Steel 2’ been put on hold until a suitable point opens up in Warner Bros’ super-powered schedule? Has it been abandoned completely?

Either way, it’s obvious that WB’s upcoming superhero slate is already rather crowded… and with recent rumours that Ben Affleck is getting his own Batman trilogy, it’s understandable if there just isn’t room for the foreseeable future.
Old 08-25-15, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Looking forward to the incoming rage and butthurt.
Old 08-25-15, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
It's sci-fi and comic book sci-fi, so anything is possible. IIRC, wasn't she and a few others sent to the Phantom Zone toward the end of the film? I seem to recall Emil Hamilton and Christopher Meloni's character were among them.
Correct. Faora has developed a bit of a fan base from MoS.
Old 08-25-15, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That just makes no sense. I can't believe that DC/Warner would honestly not have a Man of Steel sequel in the cards at some point in time. The line about the slate being too full with other things just sounds like bullshit. Batman may be a bigger priority along with getting the Justice League established but to not have a second Superman film planned that's a sequel to the first film (which Batman V Superman apparently follows the events of but isn't a direct sequel to the first film) just seems foolish.
Old 08-25-15, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Surely Superman must be a bigger draw than Aquaman and Cyborg, right?
Old 08-25-15, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Called it.
Old 08-25-15, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

So, after a good BvS trailer, we're back to Warners doesn't have a plan and don't know what to do with the DCCU...
Old 08-25-15, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty much. My faith in Batman V Superman was elevated a bit by the trailer but its shit like this that makes me believe they don't have a clue. If this is true I'm very skeptical on where these films are going.
Old 08-25-15, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.