Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Baywatch (2017, D: Gordon) S: The Rock, Efron, Daddario

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Baywatch (2017, D: Gordon) S: The Rock, Efron, Daddario

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-15, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Baywatch (D: Gordon) S: The Rock, Efron, Daddario

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Cast Margot Robbie as CJ.

/thread
nah, Daddario is the perfect CJ minus the hair color.

Margot Robbie would be a good Summer.
Old 11-27-15, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I still like Upton, don't really care about the hips/ass backlash which seemed funny to me. That said, haven't seen much news about her lately ever since those Game of War mobile game ads.
I kinda want Upton as well for CJ. And I do believe the general population would also want to see her as CJ as they aren't as critical of her body as the internet is.

Perhaps it would pique your interest to know that she and Daddario did a buddy comedy together recently where the two of them were the lead buddies. That's essentially another reason why I want Upton in it as well.

Last edited by Jay Beezy; 11-29-15 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-27-15, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
nah, Daddario is the perfect CJ minus the hair color.

Margot Robbie would be a good Summer.
The Rock already said that Daddario is playing Summer.

Now I wonder if The Rock is playing Mitch.
Old 11-27-15, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

So I am guess all of the origianl characters from the show will be in it. I remember Nicole Eggert seemed short while Daddario looks taller. But please I dont want to see Kate Upton as CJ.
Old 11-27-15, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I had no interest in this or in San Andreas till hearing about Daddario.

Those 10-second Game of War ads were enough to prove that Kate Upton is a horrible actor. Not that it really matters, of course.
Old 11-27-15, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Rock already said that Daddario is playing Summer.

Now I wonder if The Rock is playing Mitch.
There's an alleged character summary from a month ago on Comicbook.com that says Rock is Mitch. And Deadline is corroborating what that article is saying about Summer being Efron's love interest.

I'd post the link myself if I were allowed, but I'm new so I can't.
Old 11-27-15, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So I am guess all of the origianl characters from the show will be in it. I remember Nicole Eggert seemed short while Daddario looks taller.
I think I speak for most when I say Daddario resembles Yasmine Bleeth the most out of the original key cast. But they cast her for Nicole Eggert's role Summer.

Maybe, if Yasmine Bleeth's role Caroline is in the movie, whoever gets cast for it will resemble Nicole Eggert a bit, like Ashley Benson. But I think that depends on who gets cast for Alexandra Paul's role Stephanie, who is listed in comicbook.com's character summary while Caroline is not. In the series, Caroline was Stephanie's younger sister. And while a Baywatch movie is likely to see criticism in hiring based on attractiveness, I'm getting a sense that the producer's perhaps want a cast that's a bit more ethnically diverse to avoid ethnicity criticisms. To that end, I'm guessing considering that since they will likely seek a buxom blonde bombshell for CJ so they've filled the Pam Anderson archetype quota, we'll be seeing someone of a different ethnicity for Stephanie, which means they'd have to hire someone of a similar ethnicity for Caroline, thus taking Ashley Benson out of the running. And personally, I don't see Benson for CJ either as she seems a little to mousey to be a Pam Anderson archetype.
Old 11-30-15, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Beezy
I think I speak for most when I say Daddario resembles Yasmine Bleeth the most out of the original key cast. But they cast her for Nicole Eggert's role Summer.

Maybe, if Yasmine Bleeth's role Caroline is in the movie, whoever gets cast for it will resemble Nicole Eggert a bit, like Ashley Benson. But I think that depends on who gets cast for Alexandra Paul's role Stephanie, who is listed in comicbook.com's character summary while Caroline is not. In the series, Caroline was Stephanie's younger sister. And while a Baywatch movie is likely to see criticism in hiring based on attractiveness, I'm getting a sense that the producer's perhaps want a cast that's a bit more ethnically diverse to avoid ethnicity criticisms. To that end, I'm guessing considering that since they will likely seek a buxom blonde bombshell for CJ so they've filled the Pam Anderson archetype quota, we'll be seeing someone of a different ethnicity for Stephanie, which means they'd have to hire someone of a similar ethnicity for Caroline, thus taking Ashley Benson out of the running. And personally, I don't see Benson for CJ either as she seems a little to mousey to be a Pam Anderson archetype.
They don't necessarily have to stick to the family relations from the original show, or they could say that one was adopted or something like that.
Anyone know if Charlotte McKinney can act? She has the other necessary attributes to be CJ.
Old 11-30-15, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool
They don't necessarily have to stick to the family relations from the original show, or they could say that one was adopted or something like that.
Anyone know if Charlotte McKinney can act? She has the other necessary attributes to be CJ.
Like I said, I do get a sense they will want to keep things relatively diverse from an ethnicity standpoint, which means if Stephanie is of an alternative ethnicity from what she was on the show as I suspect she will, then they have reason to cast Caroline similarly if she is to appear. They may also decide to cast a character from the series who actually was of a different ethnicity, like a Traci Bingham/Jordan Tate.

I don't really care about ethnicity. This is just the sense I get.

Regarding Charlotte McKinney, aside from her bit part in Joe Dirt 2 and the Funny or Die short adaptation of A Gronking to Remember, she has no real acting credits to her name. Acting abilities of either notwithstanding, I'm still pulling for Kate Upton as CJ because in addition to her reputation as arguably the most high profile blonde buxom swimsuit model of her generation which I believe I've already talked about, to my understanding Summer and CJ were close friends on the show, which means that since Alexandra Daddario is Summer and if they want to have the Summer/CJ friendship in the movie, they could capitalize on Daddario's friendship with Upton that was established when they worked on The Layover together. It would be to the benefit of both actresses.

If there's a sequel, though, maybe they could cast McKinney as Carmen Electra/Lani McKenzie. An MC playing an MC.

Last edited by Jay Beezy; 11-30-15 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-30-15, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
Upton has no ass... her man has a bigger arse
Umm...what?

NSFW

Spoiler:

Old 11-30-15, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From the angle MAYBE but not from behind. She's good waist up. But she has no hips and at best an alright ass. If anything to credit her for is her breasts and a face. But overall she ain't got much. Not saying she's bad but she ain't some extreme level of hot either.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-30-15 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-03-15, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
From the angle MAYBE but not from behind. She's good waist up. But she has no hips and at best an alright ass. If anything to credit her for is her breasts and a face. But overall she ain't got much. Not saying she's bad but she ain't some extreme level of hot either.
I still think she's getting considered regardless of what anyone on the internet thinks.
Old 12-03-15, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can confirm that I have friends who consider her Aphrodite. So yeah, some people find her attractive. I'm certainly not saying that I don't! Me, I'm not going to criticize her body. I'd be happy if she smiled at me.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 12-04-15 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-03-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Complaints about her hips and butt seem like backlash over her popularity. Still super hot to me and would look good in that red suit, as far as i'm concerned
Old 12-04-15, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I can confirm that I have friends who consider her Aphrodite. So yeah, some people find her attractive. Me, I'm not going to criticize her body. I'd be happy if she smiled at me.
I have a managing director at where I work who saw her at a Yankees game a while back and think she's hot as well.

For the general public, they'd feel if it was destiny if Upton was cast in the Baywatch movie. They don't nitpick like the internet does.

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Complaints about her hips and butt seem like backlash over her popularity. Still super hot to me and would look good in that red suit, as far as i'm concerned
Doesn't she say something similar in her Game of War ad? "The bigger your empire is, the more your enemies want to tear them down"?

For better or worse, that kind of explains why Daddario's casting has gone by without any complaints. As excited as the internet is to see her in a Baywatch movie, I do get a sense the general public isn't as aware of her as we'd like to think, which is why no one really hates her.

Last edited by Jay Beezy; 12-04-15 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-04-15, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Was Pam Anderson known for her ass? I seem to remember that she was known more for her chest. And her home movies.
Old 12-04-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Draven
Umm...what?

NSFW

Spoiler:

yep.. still no arse....

wonderful front but lots to be desired in the back
Old 12-04-15, 02:06 PM

yep.. still no arse....

Baywatch is more about boobs anyway so arse complaints feel moot.
Old 12-04-15, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm a bit confused about how people can think she has a nice waste or an ass....
Old 12-04-15, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by van der graaf
I'm a bit confused about how people can think she has a nice waste or an ass....
Old 12-04-15, 03:47 PM
Banned

yep.. still no arse....

Pft. Not even. Just waist up. Everything below is average at best.
Old 12-04-15, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Pft. Not even. Just waist up. Everything below is average at best.
yes waist up is good but below is meh...

there are more chicks better than that
Old 12-04-15, 04:13 PM
Banned

Not saying I wouldn't fuck her but still... The girl was boring legs, no hips, and flat ass.

It has come to my experience that if the girl has nice fit calves on her... the rest has got to be awesome too.
Old 12-04-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alexandra Daddario doesn't have much of an ass either. I don't care.
Old 12-04-15, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Beezy
I have a managing director at where I work who saw her at a Yankees game a while back and think she's hot as well.

For the general public, they'd feel if it was destiny if Upton was cast in the Baywatch movie. They don't nitpick like the internet does.

Doesn't she say something similar in her Game of War ad? "The bigger your empire is, the more your enemies want to tear them down"?

For better or worse, that kind of explains why Daddario's casting has gone by without any complaints. As excited as the internet is to see her in a Baywatch movie, I do get a sense the general public isn't as aware of her as we'd like to think, which is why no one really hates her.
Alexandra Daddario is huge on the internet. One example: She's number 4 on IMDB's top stars of 2015 list.

Last edited by Yeti4623; 12-04-15 at 04:55 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.