Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-15, 10:56 AM   #51
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 View Post
People were saying Han Solo didn't have an exciting enough life before A New Hope to write a movie about. I don't agree with that, but I do wonder how they could do a Kenobi movie. How exciting could the life of a hermit in the middle of desert be?
Maybe he before he became a hermit?
__________________
XBox Live: AwareGolf4
Twitter
Seattle Sin Bin Podcast Twitter
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 10:58 AM   #52
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,669
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Not sure if its tied into this..but Star Wars Just followed Aaron Paul on twitter.
Oh God please no. Just...no.
__________________
Vader was framed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 10:59 AM   #53
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 15,075
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 View Post
People were saying Han Solo didn't have an exciting enough life before A New Hope to write a movie about. I don't agree with that, but I do wonder how they could do a Kenobi movie. How exciting could the life of a hermit in the middle of desert be? I guess they could have him leave Tattooine temporarily for some reason, but that seems kind of illogical considering he is supposed to be watching over Luke and leaving Tattooine opens him to greater risk of the Empire discovering he is still alive.
Do something like Zatoichi or Yojimbo/Sanjuro on Tatooine. Or this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_W...st_of_the_Jedi
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:00 AM   #54
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,359
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Maybe he before he became a hermit?
isnt that the PT?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:06 AM   #55
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 12,348
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

A Solo movie eh? Man I'm going to have to avoid the net for a few days after that is cast. No one is going to be happy.
__________________
"We wouldn't have to "regress" so much if it wasn't for that weird period in comics history when EVERYTHING in comics had to be awful and bleak. Characters died, became killers, were crippled and had lots of pouches and belts on their costumes, and we, this generation of creators, represent the undoing of that." - Ethan Van Sciver.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:06 AM   #56
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 69,253
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Not sure if its tied into this..but Star Wars Just followed Aaron Paul on twitter.
"Yo, I just made the Kessel Run in twelve parsecs, bitch!"
__________________
Xbox Live: Runner Groucho
PSN: RunnerGroucho

"The Borg is a species" -- Tracer Bullet (Citation)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:08 AM   #57
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 53,768
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Oh God please no. Just...no.
__________________

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:16 AM   #58
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,669
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
This is making it's way around. Although, IMO it's got to be fake. 1. It was reported that the Solo and Fett movies are seperate. 2. The Solo movie comes out in 2018, after Episode 8. Maybe it's in clockwise order? Maybe the slash between the Fett / Solo indicate 2 separate films within the same year? If real, I'm sure we'll get clarification.

I do like the idea of a Ewan McGregor staring Kenobi movie though.


In advance of Friday’s Hall H presentation a VERY legitimate looking rundown of Star Wars slate of films has popped up on Imgur.
The image is said to have been taken at Dianey/Lucasfilm’s rundown for their Hall H presentation at SDCC.
The only thing that makes me a wee bit skeptical is that the Kenobi movie doesn't have the "A N T H O L O G Y" at the bottom like Rogue One and Fett/Solo do.
__________________
Vader was framed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:18 AM   #59
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,426
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
"Yo, I just made the Kessel Run in twelve parsecs, bitch!"
while smuggling blue-colored spice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:34 AM   #60
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 26,180
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
The only thing that makes me a wee bit skeptical is that the Kenobi movie doesn't have the "A N T H O L O G Y" at the bottom like Rogue One and Fett/Solo do.
The thing that makes me skeptical is that they would give the title of the Kenobi film at the same time it's announced. Presumably the others are "anthology" because they don't have sub-titles yet. I doubt that these will actually be called "Anthology."
__________________
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:38 AM   #61
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,426
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

I thought Rogue One was the subtitle? So the actual name will be Star Wars: Rogue One: [Subtitle]? That seems too long and confusing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:39 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 941
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Why does the title still say "starring: LaBeouf". That is cruel and mean.

I don't think we need a Han Solo movie...I'd rather see anthology movies about side characters or occurences.
__________________
PSN: mewmartigan
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:48 AM   #63
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,669
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
The thing that makes me skeptical is that they would give the title of the Kenobi film at the same time it's announced. Presumably the others are "anthology" because they don't have sub-titles yet. I doubt that these will actually be called "Anthology."
I thought they announced at Star Wars Celebration that anything outside of the main films were "anthology" films, hence Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One. Which would make the other one Star Wars Anthology: Fett/Solo.

I don't think Rogue One's going to get another subtitle. Which is why I questioned that Kenobi had one instead of just "Anthology".
__________________
Vader was framed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:48 AM   #64
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,426
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I'd rather see anthology movies about side characters or occurences.
I would like the see anthology movies outside the timeline of the movies.

Specifically, I would like to see movies set in the Old Republic, especially movies that deal with the ancient Sith. How the Sith began, the establishment of the Rule of Two, why the Jedi thought the Sith were extinct for a thousand years, etc.

A movie based upon the video game Knights of the Old Republic would be really cool too.

Palpatine briefly mentions his master, Darth Plagueis, in Episode III. A movie dealing with Plagueis and Sidious would be interesting as well. I would definitely prefer that over a Han Solo movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 11:49 AM   #65
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 5,251
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Why does the title still say "starring: LaBeouf". That is cruel and mean.
+1

I throw up a little every time I read it. And I wasted time reading this thread to make sure it wasn't true.
__________________
--Kevin--
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 12:13 PM   #66
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 15,075
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 View Post
I would like the see anthology movies outside the timeline of the movies.

Specifically, I would like to see movies set in the Old Republic, especially movies that deal with the ancient Sith. How the Sith began, the establishment of the Rule of Two, why the Jedi thought the Sith were extinct for a thousand years, etc.

A movie based upon the video game Knights of the Old Republic would be really cool too.

Palpatine briefly mentions his master, Darth Plagueis, in Episode III. A movie dealing with Plagueis and Sidious would be interesting as well. I would definitely prefer that over a Han Solo movie.
That is my #1 choice for one of these.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 12:54 PM   #67
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
joe_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,790
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
In advance of Friday’s Hall H presentation a VERY legitimate looking rundown of Star Wars slate of films has popped up on Imgur.
The image is said to have been taken at Dianey/Lucasfilm’s rundown for their Hall H presentation at SDCC.
Proven fake:

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 01:38 PM   #68
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 15,075
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

I figured.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 05:04 PM   #69
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 15,348
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

There's a few lines in the OT that imply what a SOLO movie might be about:

From A NEW HOPE: "I've been from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange things..."

From THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK "That was a long time ago, I'm sure he's forgotten about that", followed by Lando's "You've got a lot of nerve coming here, after what you pulled..."
__________________
http://www.highdefdigest.com/author/shannon-t-nutt.html
XBox Live Gamertag: PittsburghNutt
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 05:51 PM   #70
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 674
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_b View Post
Proven fake:
Who are these pathetic basement dwellers that waste time on this fucking shit?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 05:55 PM   #71
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,426
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
There's a few lines in the OT that imply what a SOLO movie might be about:

From A NEW HOPE: "I've been from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange things..."

From THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK "That was a long time ago, I'm sure he's forgotten about that", followed by Lando's "You've got a lot of nerve coming here, after what you pulled..."
Maybe the movie will finally get around to explaining how the Jedi Order only died 20 years ago, but to Han it is already an "ancient hokey religion."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 06:03 PM   #72
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,578
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 View Post
Maybe the movie will finally get around to explaining how the Jedi Order only died 20 years ago, but to Han it is already an "ancient hokey religion."
Plus the fact that Chewie actually knew Yoda! Did he just not speak about having fought along side a Jedi to Han?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 06:13 PM   #73
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 14,452
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

The Jedi "religion" was ancient, even if they died out a couple of decades before. I don't see the problem here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 06:20 PM   #74
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 19,583
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 View Post
Maybe the movie will finally get around to explaining how the Jedi Order only died 20 years ago, but to Han it is already an "ancient hokey religion."
Christianity is still around and some people consider that an ancient hokey religion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 06:20 PM   #75
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,426
Re: Untitled Star Wars Han Solo spin off (5/25/18, D: Miller & Lord) S: LaBeouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM View Post
The Jedi "religion" was ancient, even if they died out a couple of decades before. I don't see the problem here.
The problem is that Han sees it as being hokey. He believes a blaster is better than a lightsaber. Yet he would have been a child when the Jedi were still in existence, so he should have known that it wasn't hokey. He should have known that Jedi can deflect blaster fire.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0