Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Rampage (2018, D: Peyton) -- S: Dwayne Johnson -- Based on the Midway Video Game

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Rampage (2018, D: Peyton) -- S: Dwayne Johnson -- Based on the Midway Video Game

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Rampage (2017) -- S: Dwayne Johnson -- Based on the Midway Video Game

Was War of the Monsters in any way related to Movie Monster back in the day? I loved that piece of crap game when I was a kid:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cKN1RAMn1dA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looking back, I'm supremely glad my parents were too cheap to buy a IBM/PC until 95, I wasn't old enough to really enjoy the C64 stuff until the early 90s and I loved all of it.
Old 06-27-15, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope.

That game looks boring as hell. Even for that era.
Old 06-27-15, 12:33 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Speaking of arcade games, wasn't there plans for a Joust movie at one time? I vaguely remember reading something about it eons ago.
Old 06-27-15, 12:35 PM
Banned

There was. From what I can... 2007, the rights were bought up for a movie.
Old 06-27-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Nope.

That game looks boring as hell. Even for that era.
It was total shit, but when I was little for some reason it seemed fun in 10 minute spurts.
Old 06-27-15, 12:50 PM
Banned

I know. The shitty shit we used to play. I really really loved PS1 Hulk game. The horrible one w/ the UFoes. Jesus. Thankfully... we got the Hulk game on the PS2 and Xbox. Maybe just XBOX? Fucking great game.
Old 06-27-15, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I know. The shitty shit we used to play. I really really loved PS1 Hulk game. The horrible one w/ the UFoes. Jesus. Thankfully... we got the Hulk game on the PS2 and Xbox. Maybe just XBOX? Fucking great game.
Ps2, Xbox and GameCube.
Old 06-27-15, 02:07 PM
Banned

Ah.

I still play that one from time to time. A very fun story and just everything you'd want out of the Hulk.
Old 06-27-15, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuse
This already came out a few years ago. It was called Wreck it Ralph

Um, did you even SEE Wreck it Ralph?
Old 07-22-15, 01:45 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Brad Peyton is in talks with New Line Cinema to direct Rampage, reteaming him with the key players from the summer hit San Andreas. Dwayne Johnson is starring and Beau Flynn is producing. This comes as the San Andreas‘ gross has shaken past the $460 million global gross mark worldwide to become most certainly the most successful original live-action tentpole launch this summer, and also the highest-grossing film Warner Bros has released this year. It is actually the third film for Johnson, Flynn, Peyton and New Line after Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, which grossed $335 million globally at the box office.

Peyton will produce Rampage with Flynn and his New Line-based FlynnPictureCo. and John Rickard (How To Be Single) through his Rickard Pictures. Seven Bucks Productions, co-founded by Johnson and Dany Garcia, will produce in a to-be-determined capacity. Jeff Fierson will executive produce.

The live-action adaptation of the 1980s Midway Arcade game has a script by Ryan Engle, who scripted the Liam Neeson-starrer Non-Stop. They were keeping the plot secret when I first broke that Johnson and Flynn would be doing this movie and nothing has changed. They have told me that the focus will be consistent with the game, as three giant monsters — a gorilla, a lizard and a wolf — wreak havoc on major cities and landmarks across North America, with Johnson standing in their path. Put your money on Johnson, who’s currently shooting Central Intelligence with Kevin Hart, and is starring in the freshman HBO series Ballers. He is coming off Furious 7, and Rampage will begin production next summer after Johnson shoots Fast & Furious 8. Rampage will be released in 2017.
http://deadline.com/2015/07/rampage-...de-1201483377/
Old 02-02-16, 04:00 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Cool news we just hired Carlton Cuse & Ryan Condal (creators of COLONY) to write our big screen adaptation of RAMPAGE for New Line. Carlton also wrote SAN ANDREAS for us, so he excels at writing big scale with family and heart as the anchor. We have a shot to raise the bar and make something cool with this one as the basic storyline is three mutated gigantic monsters (Silverback, Alligator and Wolf) destroy major cities and landmarks across the US. This summer I'll spend time at the San Diego Wildlife Preserve as well as with Anti-Poaching Units from Africa for my research. If you were a fan of the video game like I was, then you KNOW how bad ass and fun this movie can be. I'll try not to screw it up. Shooting begins late this summer.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBS8xYAI...ken-by=therock
Old 02-03-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts
re: Rampage (2018, D: Peyton) -- S: Dwayne Johnson -- Based on the Midway Video Game

Carlton also wrote SAN ANDREAS for us, so he excels at writing big scale with family and heart as the anchor.
In other words, another film where amidst countless destruction, as long as the family we're following makes it out OK, all is well.

This summer I'll spend time at the San Diego Wildlife Preserve as well as with Anti-Poaching Units from Africa for my research.
Good Lord. Is Tugg Speedman in it?
Old 02-03-16, 01:10 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts
re: Rampage (2018, D: Peyton) -- S: Dwayne Johnson -- Based on the Midway Video Game

This summer I'll spend time at the San Diego Wildlife Preserve as well as with Anti-Poaching Units from Africa for my research.
There is no such place as San Diego Wildlife Preserve.
Old 01-25-17, 04:44 PM

“Moonlight” star Naomie Harris will join Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in New Line Cinema’s “Rampage,” an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the project is based on the 1980s video game of the same name. Ryan Engle wrote the original draft of the screenplay and Adam Sztykiel did the most recent revisions.

Harris is hot off her Oscar nomination in the category Best Supporting Actress for her role in “Moonlight.” In total, the Barry Jenkins’ film received eight nominations.

Brad Peyton is directing the film, with Beau Flynn producing. Johnson previously worked with Peyton and Flynn on “San Andreas” and “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.” Flynn is producing with John Rickard via his Wrigley Pictures banner. Hiram Garcia, Johnson’s partner on Seven Bucks Entertainment, is also producing.

Marcus Viscidi, Jeff Fierson and Dany Garcia are serving as executive producers.

Harris’ other credits include playing Moneypenny in Daniel Craig’s James Bond movies, as well as the zombie movie “28 Days Later.” She has also nabbed Golden Globe, BAFTA and Screen Actors Guild nominations for her role in “Moonlight.”

She is represented by WME and Untitled Entertainment.

“Rampage” is set for release on April 20, 2018.
http://www.thewrap.com/moonlight-sta...hnson-rampage/
Old 02-09-17, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Re: Rampage (2018, D: Peyton) -- S: Dwayne Johnson -- Based on the Midway Video Game

FEBRUARY 09, 2017 11:57am PT by Borys Kit
Joe Manganiello, Marley Shelton in Talks to Join Dwayne Johnson in 'Rampage' (Exclusive)
Naomie Harris is already on the call sheet for the monster movie.

Joe Manganiello, one of the stars of True Blood and Magic Mike, and Marley Shelton are in negotiations to join Dwayne Johnson in Rampage, New Line’s adventure project based on the 1980s video game.

Brad Peyton is directing the project, which reunites Johnson, Peyton and producer Beau Flynn, the team behind San Andreas and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.

New Line is keeping plot details in the cage. Like the video game, the film will feature three creatures — a monstrously transformed gorilla, crocodile and wolf — who wreak havoc on North American cities and landmarks.

Johnson is an animal-loving hero who is the world’s only hope while Naomie Harris, the Oscar-nominated Moonlight actress, is on board as a geneticist with a moral streak.

Manganiello will play the leader of a private military group. Shelton will play a scientist and astronaut.

Producing the movie along with Flynn are John Rickard, via his Wrigley Pictures banner, and Hiram Garcia, Johnson’s partner who is producing via Seven Bucks Productions. Peyton is also producing through his ASAP Entertainment banner.

Exec producing are Johnson, Dany Garcia, Marcus Viscidi, and Jeff Fierson. Wendy Jacobson of FlynnPictureCo is co-producing.

The movie is set for a April 20, 2018 release.

Manganiello, who played werewolf character Alcide Hevreaux in True Blood, is slated to play the DC villain Deathstroke in the next Batman movie. He is repped by CAA and Management 360.

Shelton starred in the Lifetime series The Lottery and appeared in films such as the Anthony Hopkins thriller Solace and Scream 4. She is repped by Paradigm, Untitled, and Hansen Jacobson.
Old 02-09-17, 03:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Rampage (2018, D: Peyton) -- S: Dwayne Johnson -- Based on the Midway Video Game

Quite a step up from The Smurfs movie. Good for him.
Old 02-09-17, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Quite a step up from The Smurfs movie. Good for him.
Probably got some free time now that The Batman is being reworked with a brand new script and director.
Old 02-10-17, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I remember playing the original game when it was in arcades as a kid and having it for my Atari St and Amiga. I think there could actually be a movie out of this concept, but not sure how great the end result might be. I mean it's basically King Kong x 3.
Old 03-16-17, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Malin Akerman Joins Dwayne Johnson in ‘Rampage’
Justin Kroll Film Reporter @krolljvar
MARCH 16, 2017 | 09:12AM PT

“Billions” star Malin Akerman is in negotiations to join New Line’s adaptation of the classic arcade game “Rampage” starring Dwayne Johnson.

The movie reunites Johnson with his “San Andreas” team of director Brad Peyton and producer Beau Flynn.

Plot details are being kept under wraps but, like the game, “Rampage” will feature three creatures — a monstrously transformed gorilla, crocodile and wolf — who wreak havoc on North American cities and landmarks.

Details about Akerman’s character are unknown.

Ryan Engle wrote the original draft, with work contributed by Carlton Cuse and Ryan Condal. Adam Sztykiel did the most current revisions.

Flynn is producing with John Rickard via his Wrigley Pictures banner. Hiram Garcia, Johnson’s partner, is also producing through 7 Bucks Entertainment. Johnson, Marcus Viscidi, Jeff Fierson, and Dany Garcia are exec producing. Wendy Jacobson of Flynn Picture Co. is overseeing.

The movie opens April 20, 2018.

Akerman can currently be seen on season 2 of Showtime’s “Billions” as Bobby Axelrod’s wife, Lara. On the film side, she can be seen next in the drama “The Ticket” opposite Dan Stevens.

She is repped by WME, Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management and Actors in Scandanavia.
Old 04-05-17, 11:49 AM

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Rampage’
http://deadline.com/2017/04/jeffrey-...ad-1202062005/
Old 04-05-17, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Oh hell no! That giant monkey sumbitch just left that building leaning over ... oh wait, nope. It was just me leaning. That is MY building and now I own you, you hairy-assed baboon. Now, somebody has to pay the price! [swings baseball bat]
Old 04-19-17, 11:30 AM

Filming has now begun on Rampage, the upcoming video game movie adaptation headlined by Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson. Drawing inspiration from the gaming franchise of the same name (which originated as an arcade game title in 1986), Rampage reunites Johnson with his Journey 2: The Mysterious Island and San Andreas director, Brad Peyton; drawing from a script cowritten by San Andreas screenwriter Carlton Cuse and Ryan Condon (who co-wrote 2014’s Hercules, also starring Johnson).

Johnson’s Rampage character is a primatologist and the head of an anti-poaching unit operating in Rwanda, who is called upon to save the day when gigantic, mutated versions of a crocodile, a gorilla and a wolf are set loose on the unsuspecting world. Malin Akerman (Billions) plays the villainous head of the company responsible for creating said giant monsters in Rampage, with Oscar-nominee Naomie Harris (Moonlight), Joe Manganiello (Magic Mike XXL) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (The Walking Dead) among those rounding out the main cast of the film.

Johnson’s Seven Bucks Productions co-founder and producing partner, Hiram Garcia has confirmed that Rampage is now officially in production, via his verified Twitter account (see below). Garcia name-drops both Akerman and Jake Lacy (Girls) as cast members in the movie, while The Rock has previously confirmed all of the aforementioned cast members (among others) for the video game-based project.

Production on Rampage is starting just a day after Johnson and his fellow core Fast & Furious cast members helped to catapult the latest addition to the franchise, The Fate of the Furious to the biggest global opening frame ever. Johnson is currently filming season 3 of his HBO TV series Ballers and will be promoting the raunchy big screen reboot of the Baywatch property (which he co-headlines with Zac Efron) next month, before he starts production on the action/thriller Skyscraper later this summer. To say that ‘The Rock’ isn’t resting on his laurels following the mega-success of Fate of the Furious, would be more than a small understatement.

For similar reasons, it’s easier to envision a Dwayne Johnson-backed Rampage becoming the rare video game film adaptation that is a success, both critically and commercially. The Rampage gaming property arguably lends itself to a cinematic iteration, as its “humans vs. giant monsters” premise is a more immediate fit for the blockbuster format than other video games that have denser and more complicated pre-packaged mythologies to adapt (see 2016’s Warcraft and Assassin’s Creed). Perhaps the bigger question is, will Rampage perform well enough at the box office to give The Rock yet another hit franchise to add to his rapidly-growing body of film work?
http://screenrant.com/rampage-movie-...ampaign=buffer
Old 04-19-17, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

LMAO. I hope they put tons of humor in this because it could wind up being hilarious either way.
Old 04-25-17, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Plot:
Spoiler:

"The first privately owned space station is destroyed by a mysterious experiment done onboard. Three canisters crash land on Earth. One lands in the gorilla enclosure at the San Diego Zoo, the other in the plains of Wyoming and the last one in the Florida Everglades. The Griffin Technologies Group, headed by two siblings (Malin Akerman and Jake Lacy), tries to destroy any evidence of wrongdoing before the government finds out. It's too late because the canisters have infected a gorilla named George, a wolf in Wyoming and an alligator. They start evolving and growing exponentially. To cover their tracks, the Griffin idiots decided to unleash a beacon that will make all three large animals head toward one destination: their head office located in the Willis Tower in Chicago."
Old 04-25-17, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

^ I smell Oscar!

The last sentence of that plot description is hilarious!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.