Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wonder Woman (2017, D: Patty Jenkins) S: Gadot, Pine

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Wonder Woman (2017, D: Patty Jenkins) S: Gadot, Pine

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I concur with that Rogue. No way should Buffy be WW.
Old 12-16-04, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
SMG is like 5'3" tall. They'll have to cast the Hobbits as extras to make her look tall and imposing.
Old 12-17-04, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Let's face it folks.

The actress that will play Diana/Wonder Woman in the new movie version will likely be a relative unknown. After all, Lynda Carter was a total unknown when she got the role in 1976, it worked perfectly because Carter's looks were pretty close to how WW was drawn at the time.

I'd like to see an actress that would look something like how George Peréz drew her back in 1986 when DC Comics "restarted" the series.
Old 12-17-04, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I like the way adam hughes draws her. And she does look like monica in his redentions.
Old 12-17-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
If Whedon writes it, I think he will try to push for Charisma Carpenter.
I thought Joss was mad at Charisma and helped make sure she was a gonner from "Angel."
Old 12-18-04, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a video interview with Summer Glau where she confirms that Joss is interested in Wonder Woman and she picks who she would like to see play the title role.

http://www.iesb.net/video/glautaketwo.wmv

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 12-18-04 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-18-04, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Joss asked Charisma to come back for the 100th episode, and she agreed to it. And what did Joss do? He rewrote You're Welcome so that we learn Cordelia dies without having Cordelia actually on-screen. As I believe it, Charisma didn't find out that Cordelia died until David told her, and she's more or less disliked Joss ever since.
Is there a source for this story? Such as a quote or interview with the people involved? If there's any JW/CC friction, it probably stems from long before "You're Welcome". Once she was dropped from the show, she's seemed pretty eager to move on from the role of Cordelia. I tend not to believe that they pulled this cloak-and-dagger routine and tried to hide the "real" ending from CC.

he took cordelia from being one of the most fun parts of buffy to destroying her character on angel. whedon is overrated big time.
I think it was David Greenwalt's idea to do this with Cordelia's character.

Back OT, I agree that Monica Bellucci would be a good choice...plus I've always thought that WW should have a more European look, seeing as how she is Greek, after all. Beckinsale/Lilly also have a good WW "look".
Old 12-20-04, 04:15 PM

From TV Guide Online:
THE CHOSEN ONE: Joss Whedon is staking his claim to another female superhero. Warner Bros. is on the verge of lassoing the Buffy the Vampire Slayer mastermind to write and direct the studio's long-gestating Wonder Woman feature film, TV Guide Online has learned. The almost-done deal comes just two months after Whedon announced that he was getting out of the TV biz to focus on making movies, beginning with his forthcoming Firefly flick, Serenity. Meanwhile, there's no word on who Whedon may tap to fill Lynda Carter's satin tights, but I'm going to go out on a limb and throw Sarah Michelle Gellar's name into the mix. (Yes, this is how rumors get started, folks.)

Source
Old 12-20-04, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really don't want anybody from the Buffy-verse to be Wonder Woman.
Old 12-20-04, 05:31 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Rachel Bilson ! (Summer from the OC), she looked hot as all fuck in a Wonder Women costume in the OC !
Old 12-21-04, 02:20 AM

From Ain't It Cool News:
TV Guide: Whedon WONDER WOMAN A Weality??

I am – Hercules!!

“TV Guide has learned …”

TV Guide’s Mike Ausiello appears to confirm Monday the rumor we reported last Tuesday regarding Joss Whedon being close to a deal to write and direct a “Wonder Woman” feature for Warner Bros. and producer Joel Silver.

(Hey, I just remembered something. On a visit to the fabulous “Serenity” set last summer, Ain’t It Cool asked Whedon what his favorite movie was, and the Buffiverse mastermind said it was probably Warner Bros. and Joel Silver’s “The Matrix.” Hey now.)

“Meanwhile, there's no word on who Whedon may tap to fill Lynda Carter's satin tights,” continues Ausiello, “but I'm going to go out on a limb and throw Sarah Michelle Gellar's name into the mix.”

Mike, if you’re reading this (and something tells me you might be), I’ll bet you $200 Gellar’s dainty toes do not find their way into Princess Diana’s big-screen boots. I could be wrong, but I think fans might be skittish if the actress playing the famed Amazon warrior weighed less than 99 pounds.

5’8” “Serenity” star Summer Glau, 23, seemed less than shocked to hear word of Whedon Wonder Woman when the folks at Inland Empire Strikes Back interviewed her last week at Universal’s “Meet the Fockers” premiere. Glau even came prepared to name her choice to play WW: her 5’10” 35-year-old “Serenity” co-star Gina Torres. Another veteran of that “Matrix” trilogy. Hey now.

I could spend the rest of the day imagining hot actresses doing one-footed spins.

Those latter-day “Matrix” movies also co-starred 5’10” 40-year-old Italian hottie Monica Bellucci.

5’11” Netherlands native Famke Janssen just turned 39, but she got away with playing the girlfriend of James “Cyclops” Marsden, who’s eight years younger.

5’10” Charlize Theron (29) and 5’11” Nicole Kidman (36) are also bona fide foreigners, but expensive bona fide foreigners.

Charisma Carpenter (34), the tallest of the Scooby girls at 5’7 and change, has big American breasts, and to me looks more like Wonder Woman than any of these movie actresses.

Speaking of Americans, 6’ Uma Thurman (34) and 5’9” Jennifer Garner (32) have been depicted beating up boys in the past.

Brazilian "Serenity" star Morena Baccarin (25) also looks perfect for role, save for being maybe a little shrimpy.

Does Canadian Evangeline Lilly (25) have any plans for her “Lost” hiatus? She’s only 5’6” - but there was that bathing scene in the pilot that convinces me she’d fit the role.

I’ll be in my bunk.

Source
From Dark Horizons:
"Buffy" Catfights "Wonder Woman"

Ex-Buffy stars Sarah Michelle Gellar and Charisma Carpenter are allegedly competing for the lead role in forthcoming superhero movie Wonder Woman according to online celebrity zine Teen Hollywood.

The pair, who played Buffy Summers and Cordelia Chase respectively in the hit show, are battling for the iconic role after their former boss Joss Whedon agreed to direct the movie remake of the 70s television show says British tabloid The Daily Record.

An insider told the paper "Joss has told the studio that Sarah is his first choice followed by Charisma. Sarah expressed an interest, but the producers are more interested in Charisma because she is less well known."

Source

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 12-21-04 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-21-04, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Dark horizons rumors... I laugh at them. No way will SMG be cast as buffy. Like the above article said it.. a 99 pound amazon women.. No fuck'n way.

Monica seems like the perfect choice.

the defense rest.
Old 12-21-04, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

10 years ago, sure, Monica's a shoo-in, now, she's too old (40 years old) if you take into account sequels. My pick is still Taylor Cole due to her age (low-20's) and looks. She's 5'8.5" and athletic.

And just take a gander at this page of photos of Taylor, and the second page of photos.

Last edited by Patman; 12-21-04 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-21-04, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

JackSkeleton's right, everyone. Listen to him. That goes for you too, Joss and WB execs.
Old 12-21-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
SMG as Wonder Woman? No thank you.
Old 12-21-04, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, if you wanted a buxom, exotic Italianesque candidate, how about Sonia Aquino. WARNING, link is NOT WORK-SAFE, you have been warned.
Old 12-31-04, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by Joss Whedon at Whedonesque:
Well, the great thing about nobody posting on comic book threads is now I can be first or nearfirst, and this can be like my own personal thread made up by me.

As the new year comes tumbling at us like a giant, heaving sack of meat, gristle and hoof-parts, making some kind of horrible screeching and staring at us with its one bloodsoaked eyeball, the joys of Christmas and family make one reflect mellowly on what we've learned in this year. I'd like to share a little of that with you all, unless you are under the age of eleven or between the ages of twenty four and twenty six. (These yuletide musings contain violence, partial nudity, and strong and often incoherent language.) (May contain peanuts.)

Movies: They're hard to make. You have to work for a long time and have a lot of thoughts. And you can't just make Tim do everything for you like before.

Flans: They keep us going. And they retain the shape of the ramekin when you turn them over, like jello does.

Stalin: Killed maybe twenty million people, but the last four million he was just phoning it in.

Compassion: It's the thing where other people talk and you care about their stuff or something -- my wife tried to explain it, but I was in and out.

Happiness: Nothing is more wonderful than the sight of your own baby in your arms. And nothing is more annoying than people who tell you that.

Kill Bill: Long.

J.J. Abrams: Mysterious. Has taken my writers but made no demands, not even a note. He did send me Drew's ear, but I just think Drew was finished with it.

Cheese popcorn: Still important.

Serenity: uhh... nothing comes to mind. Doesn't it mean, like, peacefulness or something?

April: Amazingly enough, actually IS the cruelest month.

Resolutions: Too many to tell, and some are federally incriminating. I'm not perfect (I'm prefectly PROPORTIONED, which is where that confusion comes in) and I've taken a cold hard look at my self in the wane of aught four. There's changes. Work to be done. I plan to be a better, more focussed person next year, and if at all possible, have a bionic arm.

I also resolve to write more. Not like, BENDIS more, but a lot. And maybe have some protien shakes, so my body stays in good enough shape to hold up my bionic arm, which will probably be heavy.

Santa Claus: A vicious lie. (But A Christmas Carol really did happen, with the ghosts and all.)

Wonder Woman: Hmmmm....

Well, kids, the fire is slowly dying, like my kidneys, so let's call it a night. Tomorrow I put on a little hat and raise a glass of champagne for another rotation around the sun. I may stay up till ten. Thank you all for a great year made greater by your community. And remember, stay in school. But after all, isn't the circus a kind of school? A school of life, with dwarfs and sweaty carnies and elephants instead of learning. Stay in school or at the circus. Or in a parking lot. Or somehwere with plants, and ferns. Please leave.

Happy holidays! -- The Remains of Joss Whedon.
Old 01-01-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Gotta say, I love the idea of Charisma Carpenter as WW. (Yeah, I know, it's five minutes in Photoshop, but I didn't want to spend actual *time* on this.)

Old 02-07-05, 01:52 PM

From Lost Colony Entertainment:
Satu Rautaharju as Joss Whedon's 'Wonder Woman'?

Hollywood sources report that they've seen "Communication Breakdown" star Satu Rautaharju's name mentioned in regards to playing the DC Comics amazon on the big screen. The Warner Brothers project, from super producer Joel Silver, will be helmed by "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" head honcho Joss Whedon, who's big screen directorial debut, "Serenity," hits theaters in September. Such names as Catherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina Jolie, Mini Driver, and Charisma Carpenter have been bandied about, but insiders speculate that the studio will attempt to build a new franchise on a lesser known, younger star. The exotic twenty-two year old Rautaharju, a Canadian of Finnish and Trinidadian descent, has appeared on such television programs as "Dawson's Creek" and "One Tree Hill" and provides the English-speaking voice for the character of Benten in the animated "Urusei Yatsura" series.

Source
Old 02-07-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pic?
Old 02-07-05, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Old 02-07-05, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Old 02-07-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Based upon that second pic - hell no.
Old 02-07-05, 02:48 PM

The site that posted this is also the production company behind "Communication Breakdown" so I'm thinking it's an attention grab.
Old 02-19-05, 11:12 PM

From SciFiWire:
Whedon Wooed For Wonder

Producer Joel Silver confirmed to SCI FI Wire that he is wooing Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon to write and direct a new film version of Wonder Woman. "I'm trying," Silver said in an interview at WonderCon in San Francisco on Feb. 19. "I'm trying to work a deal with Joss. ... I was just in the other room [where Whedon was talking about his upcoming SF movie, Serenity]. I don't know if I could work that out. It's a complicated deal to do, but I would love him to do it. It would be great if he could do it."

Silver (the Matrix films and the upcoming House of Wax) said that Whedon, an avowed comic fanatic and current author of Marvel's Astonishing X-Men series, came to him with a new twist on the venerable character. "It's just a great, legendary comic-book hero, and it's one that has never been kind of brought back to life after Lynda Carter [who starred in the 1970s Wonder Woman TV series]. I mean, it's a reinvention. ... Tim Burton reinvented Batman after Adam West, and ... [director Richard] Donner reinvented Superman after George Reeves. It's time to do that to Wonder Woman. It's a thing that could be great if it's done great. ... The idea is to try to find a way to make it, and I thought Joss has a great idea, because he understands a kind of female superhero character, and also he's great at what he does. So I'm trying to find the best way to do it. ... We're working our way through it."

Source

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.