Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-17, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
re: Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

They could always bring back Red Skull. Also if the Sony deal doesn't go to shit Osborn is a possibility. Spidey has a lot of great rogues.
Old 04-07-17, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I've already heard rumblings of Dormammu being set up after Thanos.
Old 04-07-17, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
They could always bring back Red Skull. Also if the Sony deal doesn't go to shit Osborn is a possibility. Spidey has a lot of great rogues.
Red Skull seems too tied to WWII and Steve Rogers to be a major villain. And with Agents of SHIELD it seems like we've been Hydraed to death already.

Osborn, maybe (hasn't he becoma a major league antagonist in the comics, almost a Lex Luthor type), but he'll need to be tied to Spider-Man first, and it feels like Sony could flake on Marvel at any moment. I'm not privy to the Sony-Disney/Marvel deal and how ironclad it is, but if Homecoming is a massive hit, I think Sony will want to pull out as soon as they can, thinking they can keep doing it themselves without Marvel Entertainment, Disney, and MCU. So a long-term plan to build up Osborn as a major player in the greater MCU might not be a good idea.

The problem with Spider-Man's rogues gallery is that most of them are sort of low-level and tied to Spider-Man. Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Rhino, Venom, Lizard, Electro, Vulture, Kraven... I just don't see Avengers vs the Sinister Six working.

But I'd love to see Kraven's Last Hunt with Jeffrey Dean Morgan chewing some spiders...
Old 04-07-17, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, God, they could sure use Dr. Doom and Galactus, couldn't they?

I'd love to have Doom play a major role in the MCU, and then have everyone team up to battle Galactus.

But Fox will probably hold onto the FF with a deathgrip just so Disney-Marvel can't use the characters. Fox has shown again and again that they can't do shit with them.
I was going to say that I thought Fox owned the movie rights to those characters.

Others may include Fing Fang Foom, Modok, Klaw, Kang, etc.
Old 04-07-17, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Marvel has left a lot of villains alive/not shown bodies. A Masters of Evil vs Avengers film with Red Skull, Loki, The Abomination and one or two others (Whiplash? God, he sucked) could be interesting.
Old 04-08-17, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Leader.

Hell, they teased him in the film with Edward Norton already.
Old 04-08-17, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I was going to say that I thought Fox owned the movie rights to those characters.

Yes, they have The Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, and their rogues gallery, including Dr. Doom, Galactus, Super Skrull, among others.

I'm not sure about the Skrulls in general, though. Fox definitely has Super Skrull, but the Skrulls might be jointly owned like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. It was speculated that the Chitauri were used in the first Avengers film because the Skrulls were offlimits, but that has been denied.

I'm not sure if anyone outside of the two studios has a full list. Black Panther, despite debuting in the FF's title, is controlled by Disney, so it's anyone's guess how the minor characters break down.
Old 04-08-17, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Thanos being such a cosmic villain, it'll be hard to top him with a "regular" supervillain. The Beyonder maybe? Though that's another cosmic one. The Inhumans would be great too but obviously that won't work.

I have no idea what they'll do post-Infinity War.

Last edited by Draven; 04-08-17 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-08-17, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Kang is tied up with Fox and the FF rights too, from what I understand.
Old 04-08-17, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

I'd love to have Doom play a major role in the MCU, and then have everyone team up to battle Galactus.
The only problem is this would pretty much be a retread of the first three phases of the MCU. Just replacing Loki and Thanos with Doom and Galactus.

A Kree-Skrull war might work. The Kree are already established as villians in the MCU, and the Skrulls aren't any better, so having Earth drawn into a conflict where whoever wins, we lose could add some interesting possibilities.

I'd like to see the FF become a period piece set in the 60's They could work with Howard Stark, Peggy Carter, and young Nick Fury. They could handle more "comic book type villians like Puppet Master, Paste Pot Pete, etc.
Old 04-21-17, 11:24 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

When Marvel Studios first announced Avengers 3, it was clear the studio was planning something big for the next Avengers sequel. First and foremost, it wasn’t just Avengers 3—it was Avengers 3 and Avengers 4, titled Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 and Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2. Eventually Marvel decided that second film wouldn’t be a Part 2 and is instead currently untitled, but the fact remains that these two movies will serve as a culmination of everything that’s happened in the MCU thus far, bringing together all of the characters in two giant movies.

The connectedness of these films was further underlined by the fact that Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War filmmakers Joe and Anthony Russo were tapped to direct both Infinity War and the untitled Avengers 4, and the plan was to mount a herculean production that would shoot both movies at the same time—sometimes even shooting scenes from both movies on the same day. Filming has been underway in Atlanta since January, and while the production is full of secrets, a pretty big one slipped under the radar: they’re not shooting both movies at the same time anymore.

Collider’s own Steve Weintraub recently spoke with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige in anticipation of the release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and when asked about the studio’s upcoming filming schedule, he revealed that they decided to change course and shoot Infinity War and untitled Avengers 4 as two separate movies:

“We’re doing them one right after another… It became too complicated to cross-board them like that, and we found ourselves—again, something would always pay the price. We wanted to be able to focus and shoot one movie and then focus and shoot another movie.”

Indeed, the Russo brothers previously revealed their intention to make Infinity War and Avengers 4 feel like different films, right down to the cinematography, which would make shooting both movies at the same time extremely difficult. Not to mention the fact that the massive ensemble cast is mighty busy—Chris Pratt alone has been juggling Guardians 2 press duties and filming on Jurassic World 2.

So when will the untitled Avengers 4 shoot? This August, says Feige. That means Infinity War’s shoot will likely wrap up in June or July, though as the Russos and most of the same cast move right along into another movie, the opportunity for pick-ups or shooting extra scenes for Infinity War is rather easy, so it’s possible there may be some additional Infinity War content yet to be shot even as filming on Avengers 4 gets underway.

Whatever the case, it’s interesting (and somewhat heartening) to know that Infinity War and Avengers 4 are being shot separately. If the Russos and Marvel really want to make these movies visually distinct from one another, this is a solid plan of attack.

Look for much more from our interview with Feige on Collider soon. Avengers: Infinity War opens in theaters on May 4, 2018 and untitled Avengers 4 opens on May 3, 2019.
http://collider.com/avengers-infinit...rately/#marvel
Old 04-24-17, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Feige said they won't release the subtitle of the 2nd movie because it is a spoiler. Zoe Saldana called the 2nd movie "gauntlet" in recent interview. If it is avengers:gauntlet, that was stupid reason for him to keep it secret.
Old 04-24-17, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So there's Infinity War and possibly Infinite Gauntlet? Duh, like the nerds couldn't have put 2 and 2 together. #whatspoilers?
Old 04-24-17, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
So there's Infinity War and possibly Infinite Gauntlet? Duh, like the nerds couldn't have put 2 and 2 together. #whatspoilers?
Strange though b/c Gauntlet came out before War.

Maybe Secret Wars?
Old 04-24-17, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Avengers 4: The Death of Captain America
Old 04-24-17, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Feige said they won't release the subtitle of the 2nd movie because it is a spoiler. Zoe Saldana called the 2nd movie "gauntlet" in recent interview. If it is avengers:gauntlet, that was stupid reason for him to keep it secret.
Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Strange though b/c Gauntlet came out before War.

Maybe Secret Wars?
Yeah, that doesn't even make sense if it's just Gauntlet. Unless it gives away that Thanos doesn't even have the full gauntlet in the next Avengers movie at all, which would be a little disappointing.
Old 04-24-17, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Avengers IV: Everybody Fucking Dies
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Infinity War Part II: Everyone Dies
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Avengers IV: Everybody Fucking Dies
Oh fuck you.
Old 06-06-17, 02:10 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Just stumbled across a little secret Avengers rehearsal by the @therussobrothers

A post shared by Chris Hemsworth (@chrishemsworth) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2017-06-05T16:25:40+00:00">Jun 5, 2017 at 9:25am PDT</time>

<script async defer src="//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js"></script>
Old 06-21-17, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 07-15-17, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Apparently at D23 they released some footage, sounds amazing
Old 07-15-17, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a recap via Collder.com

Spoiler:
The footage began with the Guardians. “We are arriving,’ says Mantis as the Milano pulls into an uncertain territory. Quill pipes up, “Don’t forget this might be dangerous, so let’s put on our mean faces.” Suddenly a body slams into the front of the ship. It’s Thor! His face is all smushed against the glass (nice callback to doctor’s office in the the original film). The Guardians haul his unconscious body inside, lay him out on a table, and Mantis wakes him up. Thor comes out of it swinging, and the Guardians point their weapons. He looks around confused and asks what’s going on.

The scene transitions to Scarlet Witch, dodging an energy blast that slams into the truck behind her, cleaving it in half. Loki stands among ruins, holding the Tesseract cube. Riding on a school bus, Peter’s Spidey Senses (confirmed!) kick in, standing up the hairs on his arm. Iron Man is with the Guardians, gearing up for battle. “We have one advantage,” he says. “He’s coming to us.”

Thanos’ voice booms in. “Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe, but this does put a smile on my face. Gamora is standing amongst wreckage, looking terrified, tears in her eyes. From here the shots get quick. A spacecraft crashes to the ground. Thanos warps into frame, walking through a portal. Doctor Strange is casting magic. Star-Lord is battling Thanos. That sick suit we saw at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming? Spider-Man flies into scene wearing it, a glinting metallic update of the classic suit. Bucky and Black Panther are leading armies.

Cap steps into frame, with a BEARD and looking like he’s seen some shit. Hulk Buster makes an appearance. Vision looks stressed and maybe like he’s stuck in a cage? Could just be framing though since Vis ain’t too fond of walls. Thanos grabs Thor by the top of the head, crushing his skull. Black Widow has bleach blonde hair. Thanos punches Iron Man right in the face, sending him flying. Wielding a partially assembled Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos reaches towards the sky and pulls down a moon, sending the fractured comets flying at our heroes. In rolls the title card, and scene.

Based on the 1st paragraph, it sounds like Thor 3 might end with:

Spoiler:
Thor unconscious and drifting through space which sounds like a cool way to go. Feige did say the Thor 3 will change the MCU in a big way.
Old 07-16-17, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Russo Bros. posted this on Instagram

Looks like this movie has wrapped filming:

I'm guessing the actors will take some time off before they move on to the next movie and I'm sure there will be some reshoots at some point.
Old 07-16-17, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

In movies like these, the post-production and digital shit can take just as long, if not longer, than the main shoot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.