Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-17, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
re: Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Not sure about others but I've never been that excited over the Thor movies. They were okay, I guess.
I liked them. They were a little different than the other Avenger movies because they were based on another world. Although I don't care for 2 Broke Girls, I do like Kat Dennings in the Thor movies. Her brand of sarcastic, snappy responses is great from a secondary character like hers.
Old 04-03-17, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Karen Gillan posted a photo of her phone's 2:30am alarm with the caption "How Nebula rolls #avengers #infinitywars" a couple days ago. Then posted a photo of her in Nebula make-up standing with Stan Lee.

Okay, so I follow her on social media
Old 04-05-17, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris Evans confirms Captain America's exit from Marvel Cinematic Universe: 'My contract is up'

Chris Evans has dropped a major hint about Captain America's exit from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The actor recently appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres Show and confirmed that his character will not last long in the highly profitable film franchises, including Captain America and the Avengers.

"It is. My contract is up," Evans told DeGeneres during the talk show. "I have Avengers three and four. We do 'Avengers 3' now, four is the latter part of the year and after that, that is the end of my contract."

The filming for the third sequel of Avengers titled Infinity Wars, is currently underway in Edinburg. The plot focuses on mad Titan Thanos' desire to collect the Infinity Stones to gain control over the universe.

All the superheroes must come together to fight the threat and it is assumed that during the epic fight, Steve Rogers will die a heroic death. The 35-year-old actor, however, did not divulge any details about his character's departure but did say that he will be filming his parts in May this year.

"They have been filming since February. I don't start till May. There's so many people involved," he told the show host. The highly popular marvel superhero Steve Rogers was expected to die in Captain America: Civil War, but according to director brothers Anthony and Joe Russo, the Cap's death never made a realistic outline.

"I think the thing to remember is, we do talk about every possible scenario over and over and over again for months and months and months. We talked about it. But it never made its way into a realistic outline," Anthony told HitFlix in September 2016.

Evans, who is gearing up for his non superhero film Gifted, has previously expressed his love for Captain America and revealed that the "only reason it would end is 'cause my contract is up."

"After Avengers 4, my contract is done. Talk to Marvel. If we engage further, I'd be open to it. I love the character. It's almost like high school. You certainly always look to senior year, and then, all of a sudden, senior year happens and you're like, 'I don't know if I'm ready to go.' It's tough thinking about not playing the guy," he told Collider.

Diehard fans of Captain America are not too happy with Evan's confirmation about his character and have urged Marvel to extend his contract. Avengers Infinity War releases in theatres on 4 May, 2018.
The thought of having Steve Rogers killed off makes me sad . I thought the last two Captain America films have been some of the best in the Marvel universe. I know they are going to start losing some of their star players due to contacts (and with RDJ, contacts and age), but it's going to be weird without them.
Old 04-05-17, 12:50 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

He'll re-up his contract.

I do expect him to be "killed off" in some aspect, and having Bucky take the shield. Evans will be back somehow. Even if he just takes a few years off while the MCU expands beyond the original Avengers.
Old 04-05-17, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I thought Infinity was the end of the Marvel Cinematic Universe anyways ?
Old 04-05-17, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by nando820
I thought Infinity was the end of the Marvel Cinematic Universe anyways ?
It's only the end of Phase 3.
Old 04-05-17, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there anymore phases being discussed?
Old 04-05-17, 01:37 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
They have a rough map that gets them through 2028. They currently have three untitled films slated for 2020, one most likely being GotG3.
Old 04-05-17, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
In addition to what Dex said about GOTG 3 Spiderman 2 is likely to be part of Phase 4.

If we were to guess, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, maybe Capt. Marvel 2 are possibilities. I'm sure some cross-over movie as well under the Avengers banner.
Old 04-06-17, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

There is no way the MCU is going anywhere in the forseeable future. People keep yelling the death knell of the comic book genre is coming to an end, but comic book movies regularly hitting or nearly hitting the billion dollar mark at the box office means the money men will keep pushing for them.

I expect Cap to die in the Infinity movies, but to be brought back from the dead. Bucky taking over until his return in Avengers 4. Maybe at that point they will semi-retire the character with him playing a lesser role in other peoples movies. His last two movies really did well at the box office, so doubt they want to permanently kill off the character. Evans has been perfect casting as well, and its great to hear he still loves playing him. Bring on more Cap movies i say.
Old 04-06-17, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Since when has a contract ending meant anything?
Old 04-06-17, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Since when has a contract ending meant anything?
In this case, it means "Pay Me"
Old 04-06-17, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

"Pay Me a lot More"
Old 04-06-17, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
In this case, it means "Pay Me"
Well duh. Of course he want's more money. Who wouldn't? These films are basically licenses to print money.
Old 04-06-17, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
Evans has been perfect casting as well, and its great to hear he still loves playing him. Bring on more Cap movies i say.
It's nice that several of the primary actors (Evans and especially RDJ) have embraced these roles, rather than whining about being typecast, or how it prevents them from doing "serious" work.
Old 04-06-17, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I could really see Downey Jr. or Evans going either way as far as re-upping their contracts or not. On the one hand I'd bet that Disney is willing to do whatever it takes to keep them on board but at the same time both of them have been in these parts far longer than roles like this typically last and they might be ready to move on. We already know the next two Avengers films are going to be big turning points for the MCU so who knows what will happen.
Old 04-06-17, 09:41 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Well, Evans and Downey Jr. are probably #2 and 1 respectively in the importance of MCU. I mean CW was just incredible and I want more of that before I'd want another IM...
Old 04-07-17, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

if they kill off a bunch (most) of the core characters that had started phase 1, the post IW films can have addressing that fallout/absence of heavyweight heroes as their sub-text or side stories, similar to the way the slow building of the original team was achieved.

Then at some point- maybe around 2030, they can magically(by supernatural means) resurrect the original legacy characters and by then the new actors inhabiting the roles won't be so jarring- especially if the excuse if alternate earth/alternate dimension etc.

I doubt Marvel films is going to lose the fanbase it's built up when they finally let Downey, Hemsworth, Evans, and Ruffalo go. They need to cultivate new personalities that are engaging with some regularity or else they are going to see their fortunes decline precipitously.

And the next big breakout star is the one who is going to seriously differentiate himself from Downey's Stark. Cumberbatch's Strange could have been the glue for the next generation of characters here, but I was so disappointed to see him being forced to come off like another Tony Stark. That's not the way to make a strong impression.
Old 04-07-17, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
if they kill off a bunch (most) of the core characters that had started phase 1
That's never going to happen
Old 04-07-17, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I think one thing that Marvel/Disney has done which is very smart is asking the actors to do these visits to hospitals and what not in their free time. I imagine hat it's an amazing feeling for the actors to be loved by these sick kids and just by spending a few hours with them can briefly take them away from their health problems. They get a lot of kuddos from me for doing this. I know that D.C. has also done it to some extent, but Marvel seemed to embrace it very early on. I think the characters will continue, but they will do things similar to Thor:Ragnarok where's it's more a Marvel Team Up movie than a stand alone character movie. Iron Man and Cap playing real secondary roles.
Old 04-07-17, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
That's never going to happen
I haven't read it, but I was under the impression that that is exactly what happens in the Infinity Gauntlet comic- until a Deus Ex Machina magically resurrects them.
Old 04-07-17, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
I haven't read it, but I was under the impression that that is exactly what happens in the Infinity Gauntlet comic- until a Deus Ex Machina magically resurrects them.
For a young, unjaded comic reader, reading Infinity Gauntlet was shocking. It was like the end-of-the-world in the MU. Then I realized comic companies do that every couple of years.
Old 04-07-17, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Here's a different question. Who do you guys think becomes the BIG villain after Thanos, given that Fox has control of most of the other big names?

I honestly wish Marvel would just pay whatever it takes to get those Fantastic Four characters back.
Old 04-07-17, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

M.O.D.O.K., obviously.

Seriously though, Mephisto maybe?

You're right though, there's at least 3 great villians tied up in the FF rights (Doom, Galactus, Kang)
Old 04-07-17, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Here's a different question. Who do you guys think becomes the BIG villain after Thanos, given that Fox has control of most of the other big names?

I honestly wish Marvel would just pay whatever it takes to get those Fantastic Four characters back.
Yeah, God, they could sure use Dr. Doom and Galactus, couldn't they?

I'd love to have Doom play a major role in the MCU, and then have everyone team up to battle Galactus.

But Fox will probably hold onto the FF with a deathgrip just so Disney-Marvel can't use the characters. Fox has shown again and again that they can't do shit with them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.