Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terence Davies 'Sunset Song' (2015) 70mm shot film

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-08-14, 05:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

from thefilmdivider.com:

Terence Davies’ next film will be Sunset Song, a long gestating project that sees him adapting Lewis Grassic Gibbon‘s novel of the same name, previously adapted for television by the BBC.

"I’ve wanted to do Sunset Song for fifteen years. Couldn’t get any kind of interest at all. Couldn’t. And I saw it on the BBC on Sunday in 1971 and I waited for every Sunday. I just couldn’t wait for the next episode and I read the book – which is actually quite hard to read – and I wanted to do it. No-one was interested. literally no-one."

"Finally we got money and then you get fifteen pages from BBC Scotland saying Peter Mullan isn’t Scottish enough. I mean it beggars belief. That’s the kind of thing that’s tiresome. There’s always someone who says, ‘if only we’d done this, this and this it would be a really good film’. And you think, ‘just breathe into this plastic bag, you’ll feel nothing’."

"Agyness Deyn, who is playing the main part, she’s a real talent. We got the voice coach, who came from Aberdeenshire – where the novel is set. She’s terrific. Eleven pages from BBC Scotland saying she’s not Scottish enough. And you you just think ‘Christ, he we go again.’"

Sunset Song was shot on 65mmm and Davies intends for it to also be projected on 70mm when it is finally released.

"70mm is fabulous. It’s the same ratio as Lawrence of Arabia and Ryan’s Daughter. It looks sensational".

~~

UK / US release dates forthcoming