Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017, Bay) - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017, Bay) - News, rumors, etc.

Old 12-19-14, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
Re: Transformers 5 - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I just don't get what the point of all of the asinine filler is. The human drama is obviously uninteresting to Bay, why not just outright make the films about the Transformers working for the military on missions to fight Decepticons? Remove all of the pointless domestic nonsense and toilet humor. You lose 45 minutes of pointless runtime, if not more, and the film plays to the director's strengths, such as they were. I do not need to watch Sam Whitwicky try to get laid, thank you.
Preaching to the choir, my friend.
Old 03-27-15, 02:53 PM

Received 4,554 Likes on 3,089 Posts

Paramount Pictures, Michael Bay and Lorenzo di Bonaventura are bringing on Akiva Goldsman to help expand the “Transformers” cinematic universe.

Deadline reports Goldsman would not be writing but assembling and overseeing a “writers room” to hatch an idea for how to tackle a two-part sequel in the film’s franchise in addition to potential spinoffs. Goldsman would likely join Bay, di Bonaventura and Steven Spielberg as producers.

It’s unknown if Bay will return to directing duties. He is currently in pre-production on his Benghazi thriller “13 Hours.”

The franchise is a huge priority for the studio with the most recent pic “Transformers: Age of Extinction” crossing the $1 billion worldwide box officer marker last year, making it the third film in the franchise to pass that milestone.

Goldsman isn’t a stranger to shaping box-office juggernauts having helped with tentpoles such as “I Am Legend,” “The Da Vinci Code” and most recently “Insurgent.”

He is repped by WME.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ak...-2-1201461716/

Last edited by dex14; 03-27-15 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-27-15, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well I'm glad they are finally ignoring Bay's "everything resolved in one movie" ethos and actually thinking about setting this up with a proper multi-movie story arc. That said, they should reboot instead of making a sequel.
Old 03-27-15, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm surprised it took this long to start the spin-offs, to be honest.
Old 03-27-15, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I'm surprised it took this long to start the spin-offs, to be honest.
I just hope we finally get a G.I. Joe crossover.
Old 03-28-15, 06:41 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

A Benghazi thriller? I wonder if he'll have Tyrese Gibson playing the token black president.
Old 04-28-15, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Byu0jiDKnbY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-22-15, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

According to Deadline, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has signed on to help shape the future of the Transformers movie franchise. Back in March, Paramount Pictures unveiled plans to follow Disney and Warner Bros. into the territory of interconnected blockbuster universes, and plans to do it with their own toy-centric transplant to big screen cinema: Transformers.
Old 05-22-15, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Can't wait for a lot of aimless wandering by the human cast with no clear endgame in sight. Oh wait...
Old 05-22-15, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

A $200M Transformers movie without a human story would be experimental and irresponsible.

On the other hand, did I read that 'Dark Side' was profitable before being released? Due to merchandising, product placement, etc.
Old 05-22-15, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
A $200M Transformers movie without a human story would be experimental and irresponsible.
The only humans the movies need are the NEST team and all they should do is fight alongside the Transformers or amidst the chaos of all the robot fighting. We don't need any of their domestic life bullshit or whether or not Sam is going to get laid or land a promotion at Procter & Gamble.
Old 05-22-15, 11:09 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts

We need a movie that takes place on Cybertron. Or at least the focal point.
Old 05-23-15, 05:42 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
The only humans the movies need are the NEST team and all they should do is fight alongside the Transformers or amidst the chaos of all the robot fighting. We don't need any of their domestic life bullshit or whether or not Sam is going to get laid or land a promotion at Procter & Gamble.
Pretty much. That was the smartest thing of having humans fighting w/ the Autobots.

That made sense. That a team like that would exist.
Old 05-23-15, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RocShemp
This.

Saying "A $200M Transformers movie without a human story would be experimental and irresponsible" is bullshit. Paramount wanted a franchise and they've been hiring nothing but individuals who are creatively bankrupt. Simple as that.
Old 05-23-15, 06:37 PM
Banned

You give the characters an actual soul to them and people will be able to follow them w/ ease. Michael Bay isn't a director for characters w/ a sense of humanity to them.
Old 05-23-15, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
You give the characters an actual soul to them and people will be able to follow them w/ ease. Michael Bay isn't a director for characters w/ a sense of humanity to them.
Neither are Ehren Kruger, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, or Akiva Goldsman.

Until Paramount goes back to the drawing board, I don't see a "good" Transformers film happening anytime in our future.
Old 05-24-15, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kurtzman and Orci are Shakespeare and Homer compared to Kruger and Goldsman.
Old 09-09-15, 03:47 PM

Received 4,554 Likes on 3,089 Posts

Updates on the upcoming installment of the "Transformers" franchise reveal that it is currently between two directions as of the moment.

Mark Ryan spoke about the project during the "Wings and Wheel" convention in the United Kingdom. He explained that the film is undergoing dual directions. He said that the first will focus on Cade and Co. With that, fans predicted that "Transformers 5" will be centered around having the Autobots on earth. The franchise plans to reinvent the brand of the movie adaptations to focus more on the transformers, as opposed to the human character present.

The most previous installment titled "Transformers: Age of Extinction" featured Mark Wahlberg, instead of Shia Lebouf. Furthermore, Megan Fox was not also present. The movie features Nicole Peltz, as the daughter of Wahlberg's character. Fans also wondered about the future of the franchise after director Michael Bay left the project. However, it was reported by Collider that Paramount has gathered a stellar team led by Akiva Goldsman to work on the project. He will be joined by Zak Penn of "The Incredible Hulk," Jeff Pinker from "Lost," Art Marcum and Matt Holloway from "Iron Man," creator of "The Walking Dead" Robert Kirkman, Christina Hodson, Andrew Barrer, and Gabriel Ferrari of "Ant Man;" writers Lindsey Beer and Ken Nolan; and Geneva Robertson-Dworet and Steven S. DeKnight from the "Daredevil" TV series.

However, there are also rumors that hinted at the return of Michael Bay. During an interview with Collider a few months ago, Wahlberg replied, "Yes," when asked if he thinks Michael Bay will be returning to the franchise to direct the film. It was also reported that producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura mentioned the possible crossover with "G.I. Joe." This was speculated since there is currently an ongoing comic book series called "Transformers vs. G.I. Joe." Bonaventura stated, "I think later on that's a possibility but I don't think in the near future... It's not something we talk about either. There's a lot more story to be told in both cases. If at some moment we all think 'You know what? It's time to bring the two of them together' we'll do that, but I think they're strong enough to exist on their own."

Transformers 5 is expected to premiere in 2017.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/tr...MtwsTbRqC2m.99
Old 09-09-15, 04:21 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

odd place to pick up movie-related news.
Old 09-09-15, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I should try to watch the rest of Transformers 4. I stopped after their friend got fried.
Old 09-09-15, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,489 Posts

I don't really get what all of these writers/directors will be doing that won't ultimately end up in a jumbled mess of ideas.

As a kid, I always hated the time spent with the humans in the cartoon (and really, most of the characters that are shoehorned into cartoons of that era to help kids relate), and I kinda enjoyed the post-Transformers-the-animated-movie Cybertron stuff a bit more, but I'm probably in the minority.
Old 09-10-15, 06:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like how, yet again, a studio is throwing Akiva Goldsman's name out there like he's box office gold.

Am I the only one tired of hearing his name? If you look at his filmography he's written (and produced) a lot of crap and mediocre films.
Old 10-04-15, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 722 Likes on 527 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F_P2fw_DlS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"You're going to see a new Transformers movie coming from Hasbro and Paramount and Michael Bay and our other partners," Stephen J. Davis, President of Hasbro Studios and Entertainment and Licensing for Hasbro, told the audience at MIPJunior 2015. "In fact, we just finished -- as some of you may have read -- an incredible experience. We decided we wanted to plot out the next 10 years of the Transformers franchise, so we got together in a 3 month period of time...nine of some of the most creative writers I have ever worked with -- shepherded by Akiva Goldsman, who many of you may know won an Academy Award for A Beautiful Mind, and written a bunch of great movies. And they plotted out the next ten years of Transformers. Similarly we are doing the same in television and digital. So stay tuned Transformers 5 is on its way. ...And 6 and 7 and 8."
Old 10-04-15, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

Parts 5-8

So get ready for possibly 10-12 more years of this franchise.
Old 10-04-15, 12:49 AM
Banned

Yeah... not sure they should promote Goldsman like that...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.