Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-26-07, 05:03 PM   #101
DVD Talk Hero

While not a fan of Firefly or Serenity, I'll be like the many that jumped on the bandwagon for Morena Baccarin to play the Amazon Princess...

I think she most closely resembles George Perez' Wonder Woman.
Old 09-27-07, 01:33 AM   #102
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Maybe in a world where Joss Whedon was writing WW. But those days are long gone.

Monica Bellucci for the win!
Old 09-27-07, 02:04 AM   #103
DVD Talk Hero

The thing is.. I can't see Biel being the talent to bring crowds to see JL. And Warner's is going after her because she's A list (meaning she's a hot commodity of the moment). JL cannot be an Ocean's 13 and get a bunch of major stars to portray the team while keeping the budget under $200M. Morena is more suited within a reasonable budget and she carries a small fan base.

And after watching Shoot Em Up, Monica is showing her age.
Old 09-27-07, 02:32 AM   #104
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessWho
From that description, it seems Kal-El would rather cast Chyna than Biel.
WWE has been there already ....

Old 09-27-07, 07:39 AM   #105
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo
JL cannot be an Ocean's 13 and get a bunch of major stars to portray the team while keeping the budget under $200M. Morena is more suited within a reasonable budget and she carries a small fan base.

And after watching Shoot Em Up, Monica is showing her age.
I agree about everything but Bellucci.

Morena Baccarin seems to be a good choice for this role, although she isn't very large. They have to get a cast that would be willing to do sequels if the first succeeds. I don't see any major talent signing up for it. I also agree that she stood a better chance with Whedon attached, but you never know.

I'd love to see Monica in the WW outfit.

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
Old 09-27-07, 08:34 PM   #106
DVD Talk Godfather

Said it once, I'll say it again. Bellucci is nice looking but too god damn old for the WW role!

...besides, she ain't "all that" anyway.
Old 09-28-07, 01:36 AM   #107
DVD Talk God

I'm excited that this is getting made, but I feel I'll probably disappointed only for the fact of how good the JLU cartoon was.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 09-28-07, 03:20 PM   #108
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
EW has learned that actress Jessica Biel has decided to pass on playing Wonder Woman in Warner Bros. live-action adaptation of Justice League of America. The former 7th Heaven star had been in early talks to play the Amazonian princess. She's currently shooting the drama Powder Blue with Forest Whitaker.
Old 09-28-07, 10:18 PM   #109
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguru
Anyone ever see the Live action Justice League pilot they made some yeas ago? It had Major Winchester from M*A*S*H as the Martian Manhunter. It was mostly based on the campy comicbook version of the late 80's. Green Lantern was in it . I beleive it was the JKyle Raynor version. And fire and Ice were there. It was really bad.
Oh man, I just watched this a couple of weeks ago. So bad...I actually started it over because I wasn't even sure it had started at the beginning, the story continuity was out to lunch I guess lol.
Old 09-29-07, 03:29 AM   #110
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Quote:
. It was mostly based on the campy comicbook version of the late 80's.
You take that back! The JLI was amazing! Sure, the pilot sucked. But that's cause it didn't have Booster Gold and Blue Beetle! That's right. I said it. Blue and Gold made those Giffen/DeMatteis books amazing.
Old 09-29-07, 08:12 AM   #111
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
You take that back! The JLI was amazing! Sure, the pilot sucked. But that's cause it didn't have Booster Gold and Blue Beetle! That's right. I said it. Blue and Gold made those Giffen/DeMatteis books amazing.
Giffen/DeMatteis made those books amazing. If you threw those characters in with creators who couldn't work well with them, it would not have saved the book.

And the TV pilot would have still sucked with those characters in it. Sorry. They probably would have cast Jaleel White to play Booster Gold and Bob Goldthwait to play Blue Beetle. It was the worst comic book to screen adaptation ever and they would have screwed up the best things given to them no matter what.
Old 11-19-07, 09:20 AM   #112
DVD Talk Hero

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...0aa9e4beff6454

At Warner Bros., "Justice League of America" finds itself without a shooting script and has options expiring on potential actors who recently were screen tested. As a result, it might have to postpone production.
Old 11-21-07, 05:24 PM   #113

This movie will be nearly impossible to make. A movie with all those superheroes together? That is going to be extremely hard to avoid the corniness. That, and the casting. The casting is crucial, and I'm especially worried for Wonder Woman. You know how they already miscast great characters like Elektra, lesser know than WW, God help Diana Prince. I just know they'll pick someone who doesn't even have blue eyes. Yes, I find that annoying. Call me petty...
Old 11-22-07, 02:05 PM   #114
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bychance
This movie will be nearly impossible to make. A movie with all those superheroes together?
Didn't seem to hurt the X-MEN movie franchise one bit... well, except for the last movie, that is...
But there's still HOKEYBLOG!!!
Old 11-30-07, 11:21 PM   #115
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wonder Woman has been cast

Australian model Megan Gale will play Wonder Woman in "Justice League of America." Megan's name has been floating around for a few weeks. She beat out Jessica Biel, Sophia Bush, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Shannyn Sossamon. Megan stands 5'10", so she's tall enough for WW but who knows if she can act. It was a joke. I'm sure her acting abilities didn't win her the role.

Source 1
Source 2

Last edited by whitetigeress; 11-30-07 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Broken Link
Old 12-01-07, 10:51 PM   #116
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo
While not a fan of Firefly or Serenity, I'll be like the many that jumped on the bandwagon for Morena Baccarin to play the Amazon Princess...

I think she most closely resembles George Perez' Wonder Woman.
Yes!
Old 12-01-07, 11:38 PM   #117
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetigeress
Australian model Megan Gale will play Wonder Woman in "Justice League of America." Megan's name has been floating around for a few weeks. She beat out Jessica Biel, Sophia Bush, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Shannyn Sossamon. Megan stands 5'10", so she's tall enough for WW but who knows if she can act. It was a joke. I'm sure her acting abilities didn't win her the role.
She looks the part to me

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 12-02-07, 09:38 AM   #118
DVD Talk Legend

Mmmm nice. Works for me. At least she is tall

"We wouldn't have to "regress" so much if it wasn't for that weird period in comics history when EVERYTHING in comics had to be awful and bleak. Characters died, became killers, were crippled and had lots of pouches and belts on their costumes, and we, this generation of creators, represent the undoing of that." - Ethan Van Sciver.
Old 12-02-07, 12:43 PM   #119
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetigeress
She beat out Jessica Biel, Sophia Bush, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Shannyn Sossamon.
Beat out? I thought Biel backed out a few weeks ago?

"Well time travel's confusing. I remember tomorrow like it was yesterday."
Old 12-02-07, 04:06 PM   #120
DVD Talk Godfather

I hope they 'beef her up' a bit...
Old 12-02-07, 05:06 PM   #121
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I hope they 'beef her up' a bit...

Old 12-03-07, 06:11 AM   #122
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingermck
Mmmm nice. Works for me. At least she is tall

She's pretty. Kinda of a cross between Liv Tyler and Alanis Morissette.

However, based on the above pic....I'm glad she'll be wearing boots to cover those funky "model toes".
Old 12-03-07, 06:32 AM   #123
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One of the hottest women alive. Glad I live in Australia and get to see her on TV all the time.
Old 12-03-07, 10:30 AM   #124

Quoted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I'd be happy if Welling played Supes, I'm in the "Tom Welling should have been Superman" camp over Brendan Routhe. But I wish that Nolan would direct and have Bale as Batman.
for truth. Welling should have been in the new movie. Why the wooden Routh is held high by WB is hard to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will travel
Superman and Batman have known each ids since SUPERMAN #76.
Which came out in the early 50's.
And has LONG been reconned in the comics.
Old 12-04-07, 03:14 AM   #125

Glad to see Gale get the role (like someone else said, she has the proper height) but the main reason I'm seeing the film is George Miller (he is directing), and if you've seen the tanker chase from Mad Max 2, you'll know he does some great action, so I'm hoping for some good superhero action in this one.