Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
Old 05-20-20, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jay G.
Zack Snyder's Director's Cut discussion:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...exclusive.html
Print Wikipost

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Originally Posted by stingermck
Earlier buzz suggested that Batman will never be seen as Bruce Wayne during the story, which is why it might be easier for Warners to recast the role with a new actor rather than pay Christian Bale to do it
Makes a ton of sense since (of the original JLA), Supes is the only one to know Batman's identity.
Old 08-31-07, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
Old 08-31-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
This pic needs a name....

Dawson's League?
Small League?
Leagueville?
Smallville Sisters?
Girlfriends?
What I like about Leagues?
5 Simple Fools who won't date my Daughter?
Old 09-01-07, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be happy if Welling played Supes, I'm in the "Tom Welling should have been Superman" camp over Brendan Routhe. But I wish that Nolan would direct and have Bale as Batman.
Old 09-01-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
Makes a ton of sense since (of the original JLA), Supes is the only one to know Batman's identity.
This is quite untrue.
Old 09-01-07, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
This is quite untrue.

I smell a mind wipe coming!
Old 09-01-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
This is quite untrue.
At the time of JLA's formation? Sure Wonder Woman, MM, Aquaman and Green Lantern was told by Batman who he was after they got together, but Supes knew beforehand. Or am I mixing up timelines with World's Finest?
Old 09-06-07, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
Superman and Batman have known each ids since SUPERMAN #76.
Which came out in the early 50's.
Before that they knew each other on the Adventures of Superman Radio show clear back in 1945.
JLA didn't start as a team until 1960 or 1961.

I am looking forward to a JL movie and I am dreading it.
If it gets made, PLEASE BE GOOD.
Old 09-21-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

George Miller to lead 'Justice League'
WB moves ahead with bigscreen adaptation
By DIANE GARRETT

Warner Bros. is moving aggressively ahead with the bigscreen adaptation of DC Comics' "Justice League of America," with George Miller aboard to direct.
Project, which is in the initial phases of casting, is a pre-strike priority for the studio, which needs a superhero tentpole for 2009.

Still, making all the pieces fit has been complicated by overlapping superhero projects in the pipeline, since "Justice League" features a pantheon of superheroes including Superman and Batman.

Batman and Superman are active properties for the studio, though the next installment in the "Superman" franchise has taken a backseat to "Justice League" in part because Warners is so keen on the "Justice League" script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney.

Beyond the Caped Crusader and Man of Steel, "Justice League" will likely feature Wonder Woman, the Flash and Aquaman. The Green Lantern is also featured in the comicbook.

Several sources close to the project said that Christian Bale, star of the revived "Batman" film franchise, and Brandon Routh, star of Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns," would probably not appear in the movie.

Helmer Christopher Nolan, current steward of the "Batman" franchise for the studio, would prefer that Warners delay "Justice League" until after he finishes "Batman" projects in development; Bale has also let his uneasiness about "Justice League" be known.

To work around these issues, the studio explored making "Justice League" as an animated film or with motion capture, but all indications are that the pic will be an f/x-driven live-actioner.

Project is so complicated -- and casting-dependent -- that even those deeply involved are holding their breath until production begins.

"They're working very hard to get it to happen," said one party close to the project. "But there are so many characters, it's complicated."

It was for this very reason that many believed Warners would move ahead first with a follow-up to Singer's "Superman Returns." Singer, however, is busy with Tom Cruise starrer "Valkyrie."

Miller has a warm relationship with Warners. He last helmed "Happy Feet," which generated $379 million in worldwide box office for the studio.

This project could give the studio a launching pad for future Wonder Woman and the Flash pics. The studio has been developing bigscreen adaptations of both DC properties.
Old 09-21-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
I'd rather seen them try and fail at a Live Action attempt than another Animated Feature, so I'm glad they're sticking with the Live Action route.
Old 09-21-07, 10:07 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
No Wonder Twins = No Sale
Old 09-21-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I can see Bale being uninterested, but Routh? What does he have on his schedule?

Personally, I'd rather see a Justice League spin-off from Smallville with that group of guys.
Old 09-21-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Personally, I'd rather see a Justice League spin-off from Smallville with that group of guys.
I'd go for that.
Old 09-21-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
No Wonder Twins = No Sale

"Shape of....a box office failure!"
Old 09-22-07, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'd go for that.
I agree this would be the way to go if they can't get the current Batman and Superman actors to be in the JLA movie but I realize it's a fan dream and would never be a studio option.

I still think that I could actually stomach watching Superman Returns a second time if only Welling had been cast in the role. As it stands I will probably not watch the first one ever again and will wait to rent any/all sequels.
Old 09-24-07, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like theyre already casting for the movie, well atleast for Wonder Woman. Taken from Superherohype.com
The starlet, currently seen in the Village Roadshow release "December Boys," has tested for the role of Wonder Woman.
Now that doesn't mean she's in the running or a contender – you'd have to be a fly on the wall in the casting director's office to get wind of how she went, obviously – but she did read for the Amazonian princess.

She may not be cast, but its still interesting to see what theyre going for.
Old 09-25-07, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jessica Biel in talks for 'Justice'
Actress may take on Wonder Woman role
by TATIANA SIEGEL

Jessica Biel is in talks to lasso up as Wonder Woman in Warner Bros.' all-star superhero film "Justice League of America."

Potential deal marks the first piece of casting to emerge from the DC Comics-based ensemble project, which is expected to feature Superman, Batman, the Flash and Aquaman in addition to Wonder Woman.

George Miller boarded the bigscreen adaptation last week as helmer.

Biel is filming the indie drama "Powder Blue," which wraps in October, opposite Forest Whitaker. She will then segue to "A Woman of No Importance," based on the play by Oscar Wilde. That leaves room on the actress' schedule for "Justice," which Warner is fast-tracking as a project before any potential strikes. However, the film's likelihood hinges on the studio's ability to assemble a cast of superheroes in a small window of time. Christian Bale and Brandon Routh -- Warner's reigning Batman and Superman, respectively -- are not expected to join the production.

The studio declined comment, saying that it prefers to announce an entire cast rather than piecemeal deals.

"Justice League," which is penned by Kieran and Michele Mulroney, could help ramp up a Wonder Woman spinoff, which has long been in development at the studio, with Joel Silver producing.

Biel's recent credits include "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" and "The Illusionist.
Old 09-26-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yuck if that Biel news happens.
Old 09-26-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kal-El
Yuck if that Biel news happens.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Yuck is the furthest thing from my mind when I think of Biel as Wonder Woman:

Old 09-26-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Didn't they actually watch Blade Trinity???? What a waste of a franchise already if this is true.
Old 09-26-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why do people dislike Blade Trinity? I found it enjoyable. The stinker in that film was Snipes because he was being pissy about his role and he looked like he slept walked thru the film. Biel's character was pretty one dimensional so no real acting was required.
Old 09-26-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by Obey The D
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Yuck is the furthest thing from my mind when I think of Biel as Wonder Woman:
I think Kal was commenting more on her acting range/abilities than her looks.
Old 09-26-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone suggest Laura Mennell yet for WW?
Old 09-26-07, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I think Kal was commenting more on her acting range/abilities than her looks.
The body's fine, but the face is fuuugly. And not at all Amazonian/Otherworldly-like which I think how WW should look like.
Old 09-26-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
From that description, it seems Kal-El would rather cast Chyna than Biel.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.