Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-14, 06:19 PM   #51
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,833
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Quote:
After working with Ridley Scott on a new “Blade Runner” movie, veteran scribe Michael Green has been hired to rewrite the untitled “Prometheus” sequel for 20th Century Fox, TheWrap has learned.

Jack Paglen (“Transcendence”) wrote the original draft of the screenplay.

Multiple sources have told TheWrap that the “Untitled Ridley Scott Project” that 20th Century Fox announced it will release in March 2016 is “Prometheus 2,” although the film may not ultimately use that title. An insider told TheWrap that production is scheduled to start this fall, after Scott has delivered his Moses movie “Exodus” to Fox.

“Prometheus” served as an ‘unofficial’ prequel to Scott's seminal 1979 sci-fi movie “Alien,” and the sequel that Green will write aims to be much more “alien-y” and in line with the terrifying tone of past films in the franchise. Additionally, the sequel is expected to feature multiple ‘David’ androids, which means there will be more than one Michael Fassbender on screen at the same time, according to an individual familiar with the project.

20th Century Fox had no comment regarding the film's plot details or title.

“Prometheus” starred Noomi Rapace as Elizabeth Shaw, a God-fearing archaeologist tasked with finding the Engineers, an alien race that served as the architects of humanity. Fassbender co-starred as an android named David whose remains, by the end of the film, help sole human survivor Shaw launch an Engineer spacecraft bound for their home planet. The last shot featured an alien creature bursting out of an Engineer's chest, and a sequel will likely incorporate that terrifying development.

Green was hired to write “Blade Runner” back in May 2013 and he is currently finishing a polish of the script. While Alcon and Scott Free are keen to start production on that project, the “Prometheus” sequel is in first position for Scott. The sequel has become a priority project at Fox, as the first film grossed more than $400 million worldwide.

Green worked on “Smallville” and “Heroes” before he wrote “Green Lantern” for Warner Bros., which also hired him to pen “The Flash.” He's repped by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Patti C. Felker.
http://www.thewrap.com/prometheus-2-...ers-exclusive/
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 06:26 PM   #52
DVD Talk Legend
 
wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,870
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

The further away Damon Lindelof is from this project the better.
__________________
"Wishbone is spelled with an E not a 3..... *Be gone*" - Minor Threat
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 06:30 PM   #53
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 28,047
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Quote:
The last shot featured an alien creature bursting out of an Engineer's chest, and a sequel will likely incorporate that terrifying development.
But, but, but.. they left that world behind.
__________________
Oh, don't be the victim. Don't make up excuses because you're a dumbass. - Lynda Thompson
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 06:38 PM   #54
DVD Talk Legend
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,867
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
But, but, but.. they left that world behind.
Well, it won't use that part literally unless they want to show you other things we didn't see in the first film - like more of those installations, etc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 07:12 PM   #55
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 17,336
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

There's no reason to follow the Alien. Prometheus was not an Alien sequel or prequel. It was an odd choice. But Prometheus was intended to exist in the same universe. But it was not about the Xenomorphs.

It will (or should) be a sequel about Rapace, Fassbender and pursuing the Engineers discovery. It's sci-fi. The plot can go wherever it wants from there.

I'd be giddy if it follows the Alien-to-Aliens progression and turns into an action movie with Space Marines.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 07:19 PM   #56
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: (formerly known as trespoochies) Texas
Posts: 9,467
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

They could almost have a parallel series of films to go alongside the Aliens. Maybe even have Shaw and Ripley run into one another.
__________________
"Whoa, did Walter Goggins fuck your mother?" - Osiris3657
Perhaps he did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 07:44 PM   #57
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,479
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Well, we can only go uphill from the first installment. I hope.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 11:38 PM   #58
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
hanshotfirst1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Livonia MI
Posts: 9,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePage View Post
Well, we can only go uphill from the first installment. I hope.
It was so pretty though....
__________________
"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death
"Smart can't beat free."
Gillian Flynn
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 11:46 PM   #59
Time Lord
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 51,833
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

I don't know what's worse, the idea that they got the screenwriter from Green Lantern for this, or that he also worked on the new Blade Runner film.
__________________
“Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
Check out my vinyl collection!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 02:49 AM   #60
DVD Talk Legend
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,867
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
I don't know what's worse, the idea that they got the screenwriter from Green Lantern for this, or that he also worked on the new Blade Runner film.
People can change….

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 07:18 PM   #61
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 34,934
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Alien vs. Predator
Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
Prometheus

What's that saying : Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.....
You know what I mean.
__________________
The reason there will be no change is because the people who stand to lose from change have all the power. And the people who stand to gain from change have none of the power.

- Machiavelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 07:25 PM   #62
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,275
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Quote:
Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Alien vs. Predator
Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
Prometheus

What's that saying : Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.....
You know what I mean.

To me it's saying you know how to list the movies in the order which they were released.

I will admit Prometheus wasn't all that, but it was better than the three outings that preceded it IMO.
__________________
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 09:55 PM   #63
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
hanshotfirst1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Livonia MI
Posts: 9,632
Being better than the AVP films is not a difficult task though.
__________________
"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death
"Smart can't beat free."
Gillian Flynn
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 10:35 PM   #64
DVD Talk Legend
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 14,332
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Alien
Aliens
Alien Resurrection
Alien 3
Prometheus
Rubbing alcohol enema
Eating Taco Bell
Sex with Carrot Top
Having my liver pecked out by a crow only to have it regrow and then the process repeats itself

... Several blank lines ...

...Then:
Alien vs. Predator
Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
__________________
dvdjunkie32 forgets how Otterville works: I only asked for some simple advice, not 7 pages of mockery.

Kurtie Dee gets Otter:Think about that: Since you're asking us, you know what you want to do is wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 05:08 AM   #65
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 14,402
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

the fact that you placed Alien Resurrection ahead of Alien3 negates your list, your point, and your very existence.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 07:07 AM   #66
kd5
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 6,986
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

We enjoyed Prometheus, looking forward to this sequel.
__________________
Time is the fire in which we burn. (Soran)

My DVD/BD Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 08:05 AM   #67
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 34,934
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
Being better than the AVP films is not a difficult task though.


And the fact that Ridley Scott (a man that can't tell the difference between a good & bad script) is teaming up with one of the four writers of The Green Lantern for a re-write is not very comforting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM View Post
the fact that you placed Alien Resurrection ahead of Alien3 negates your list, your point, and your very existence.
__________________
The reason there will be no change is because the people who stand to lose from change have all the power. And the people who stand to gain from change have none of the power.

- Machiavelli

Last edited by inri222; 03-26-14 at 08:25 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 08:12 AM   #68
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 15,326
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Some days you just want to slap Hollywood execs in the head.

No one wants to see Prometheus 2 any more than we want to see Avatar 2. In other words, yeah, we'll come out to your movie - but if it's a decision over whether to do Blade Runner first or this, by all means give us Blade Runner.

Worse case scenario: Prometheus 2 bombs and then no studio wants to give Ridley money for Blade Runner.
__________________
http://www.highdefdigest.com/author/shannon-t-nutt.html
XBox Live Gamertag: PittsburghNutt
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 09:05 AM   #69
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 29,403
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Some days you just want to slap Hollywood execs in the head.

No one wants to see Prometheus 2 any more than we want to see Avatar 2. In other words, yeah, we'll come out to your movie - but if it's a decision over whether to do Blade Runner first or this, by all means give us Blade Runner.

Worse case scenario: Prometheus 2 bombs and then no studio wants to give Ridley money for Blade Runner.
Prometheus did $400 million so I think there's an audience that would like to see where it goes since the movie didn't really have an end. And if Blade Runner money is riding on how well it does, I would think Ridley would want to make sure it did well at the BO.
__________________
"Pear Pimples for Hairy Fishnuts!"

My So-Called DVD Life (Profiler),A Fistful of Discs (DVDAf)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 09:08 AM   #70
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,275
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

This installment MUST have something that resembles an end. They can't leave it the same way because then , as someone else said, the "Fool me once.." saying comes into play.
__________________
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 09:13 AM   #71
DVD Talk Legend
 
DaveyJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 16,363
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

After seeing Prometheus I'm not interested in a Blade Runner sequel. Just leave it alone, let Ford be high and happy.
__________________
PSN: DaveyJoeG|Steam: DaveyJoe

Updated! My 2016 October Horror Movie Challenge compilation video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMlgp-OTM&t
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 09:34 AM   #72
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 35,136
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

After seeing Prometheus I think a new Blade Runner has the potential to be one of the most visually stunning movies to date. And as long as a competent screenwriter is on board, then I will be too.

If it's "Blade Runner: Origin written by Damon Lindelof" then it can go fuck itself.

This applies to Prometheus as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 10:37 PM   #73
DVD Talk Legend
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 14,332
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM View Post
the fact that you placed Alien Resurrection ahead of Alien3 negates your list, your point, and your very existence.
I should have noted there is a caveat there ... If you are talking about the theatrical release, then I did actually enjoy Resurrection more. If you are talking about the effort to piece Alien 3 back together the way it was intended, then I will give the edge to 3.

Alien 3, as released in theaters, was a butchered barely decipherable mess. The elements of greatness were there in the movie's undercurrents, but it was fairly obvious something was lacking. The attempt to "recreate" Fincher's film (released on home video) does its best to sew the story back together again, but is lacking because it is a Frankenstein-like effort. It presents a much more coherent story, but just doesn't have the heart it would have if it had been made in one swoop.

Resurrection was a pretty decent movie up until the end. It was a very visually striking picture, it brought interesting new characters to the universe (hell, I'd love to see spinoff movies with the crew of the Betty), and it gave us a plausible explanation as to why the hell Ripley was there (seriously, coincidence only carries you so far). The end however, was pureed shit and (I think) why everybody hates it. But really, a genetically engineered alien-human hybrid looking for its momma was still better than the creatures in Prometheus.
__________________
dvdjunkie32 forgets how Otterville works: I only asked for some simple advice, not 7 pages of mockery.

Kurtie Dee gets Otter:Think about that: Since you're asking us, you know what you want to do is wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 11:41 PM   #74
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
hanshotfirst1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Livonia MI
Posts: 9,632
I thought the assembly cut of 3 was just as big a mess as the theatrical version, just longer. There's a good film trying to get out of that mess somewhere, but I think that it's buried so deeply that Fincher would have to remake the movie from scratch to get it out.
__________________
"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death
"Smart can't beat free."
Gillian Flynn
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 12:59 AM   #75
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Posts: 54,000
Re: Prometheus 2 (2015, Scott) S: Fassbender, Rapace

After seeing Prometheus I just wanted to unsee it.
__________________
OTHER FORUM TEAM 7 leaderI will not say them here nor there. I will not say them anywhere. I will not say those Words you twit. I will not, will not sayI quit!
Leaving a dark wet stain where your brain used to be? weird..tv?
The bank is worth the risk
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0