Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Captain America: Civil War (2016) (D: The Russo Bros) - News, Rumors, Cast

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Captain America: Civil War (2016) (D: The Russo Bros) - News, Rumors, Cast

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Captain America: Civil War (2016) (D: The Russo Bros) - News, Rumors, Cast

He's wearing an exoskeleton type of armor to face Cap from what it looks like.
Old 09-03-15, 07:17 PM
Banned

via Geek Tyrant:

Fans of Marvel films have been wondering for awhile if Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner/Hulk would make an appearance in Captain America: Civil War. We've heard rumors about his involvement, but now it seems like we have a definite answer on whether or not he will be joining in the action with the other Avengers in Civil War. During an interview with BadTaste.it, the actor reveals that he was originally supposed to be in the movie, but then he was removed. He explains why in the quote below. This is a rough translation of what he said thanks to Google translate. You'll get the gist of what he's saying, though.

"Because it's still missing is not known where. I thought that I would be in the film, but in the end evidently believe that reveal what happened Hulk is something too big, and Marvel wants to use this information later. My character had been inserted in the script, but then it was taken away. Who knows, maybe Hulk will never return. However, they want to keep the revelation of what happened a secret, because it is something really big."

All I can hope for is that Marvel eventually moves forward with plans to make that Planet Hulk film that we all want. If he doesn't show up in Civil War, the next time that we see The Hulk probably won't be until Avengers: Infinity War, so we've got a long way to go, unless he shows up in Doctor Strange, Black Panther or Captain Marvel, which I highly doubt.

Captain America: Civil War is scheduled to hit theaters on May 6th, 2016. What do you think happened to Hulk after Avengers: Age of Ultron? What's this big secret? You can read some possible details on where Marvel might take his story here.
Hmph. I was wondering if General Ross' involvement in this involved Banner being in Cap 3. Guess not.
Old 09-03-15, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,063 Posts

I can understand them wanting to hold off on Hulk's whereabouts until the next Avengers movie. It seems like an unnecessary storyline to throw in Cap 3.
Old 09-03-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I can understand them wanting to hold off on Hulk's whereabouts until the next Avengers movie. It seems like an unnecessary storyline to throw in Cap 3.
Yeah, Civil War already sounds like it's got too much going on.
Old 09-03-15, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thor is not in Civil War either. I believe Thor and Hulk are the only two Avengers who are not in it.
Old 09-04-15, 09:19 AM
Banned

Really makes me wonder what Ross is up to in this one.
Old 09-04-15, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Really makes me wonder what Ross is up to in this one.
Red Hulk.

But yeah, Ross being in the movie when Banner isn't seems kind of weird. Other than Red Hulk I can't really think why they would do something like that, but I don't know if they would ever use Red Hulk in the movies.
Old 09-04-15, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

^Maybe he is in the movie, and maybe Ruffalo is involved with bringing him to life, and just keeping it under wraps. It would explain why he was seen in Germany hanging around with the other actors.
Old 09-04-15, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
It seems like basically everything form here on out it all about The Avengers and it is starting to bloat... Civil War is an Avengers movie just not in name only. Some cross-over is cool but everything is just setting up the "next" movie. That is becoming bothersome to me.
Old 09-04-15, 11:35 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I really wish Sam Elliott was still playing General Ross.
Old 09-04-15, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by d2cheer
It seems like basically everything form here on out it all about The Avengers and it is starting to bloat... Civil War is an Avengers movie just not in name only. Some cross-over is cool but everything is just setting up the "next" movie. That is becoming bothersome to me.
The most worrisome thing for me is that it looks like the Winter Solider story is getting shoved into a sidestory. I really wish they would have done Civil War as the actual third Avengers movie. Cap 3 should have been just the continuation of the Winter Soldier story and nothing else. Infinity War could have been saved until phase 4 Avengers 4 instead of rushing two "wars" into one phase.

Last edited by kgrogers1979; 09-04-15 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-04-15, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Red Hulk.

But yeah, Ross being in the movie when Banner isn't seems kind of weird. Other than Red Hulk I can't really think why they would do something like that, but I don't know if they would ever use Red Hulk in the movies.
That's what I thought as well... but now not so much.
Old 09-10-15, 04:56 PM
Banned

<iframe src="http://www.premiere.fr/jwplayer/embed/4256491/externe" frameborder="0" width="856" height="470"></iframe>
Old 09-10-15, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
I don't really feel that way. The films lead into one another but the stories seem to progress themselves fairly naturally and don't feel like they're happening just to get to the next film or a crossover. This film is the first one you could sort of argue feels that way but I don't have a problem with it. They could have titled it differently rather than having it fall in with the Captain America films but I'm sure there are reasons why it is titled the way it is.
Old 09-20-15, 11:02 AM
Banned

Here is the rumored description of the first trailer.

There is potential HUGE spoiler in there, but as the description says it is probably a misdirection because I don't think they would spoil it in a trailer. Although trailers have certainly revealed huge spoilers before.

The Cap/Ant-Man scene sounds a bit too . Although I bet that is something Wright filmed before he quit....

Spoiler:
Old 09-20-15, 11:15 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

so when is trailer out?
Old 09-20-15, 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Here is the rumored description of the first trailer.

There is potential HUGE spoiler in there, but as the description says it is probably a misdirection because I don't think they would spoil it in a trailer. Although trailers have certainly revealed huge spoilers before.

The Cap/Ant-Man scene sounds a bit too . Although I bet that is something Wright filmed before he quit....

Spoiler:
what's your source on that?
Old 09-20-15, 11:18 AM
Banned

what's your source on that?
GameFAQs, which is why I said it is a rumored description. It could be real, but it could also be entirely made up. You never know with internet rumors.
Old 09-20-15, 11:26 AM
Banned

Damn. I didn't know gamefaqs did news like that. I just remember going immediately for the search and inputting to what I need and then hit the guide for something.
Old 09-20-15, 11:32 AM

^ maybe if you got your head out your mother fucking ass you'd know that sites are more useful than just for one purpose.
Old 09-20-15, 11:33 AM

Old 09-20-15, 11:35 AM
Banned

Damn. I didn't know gamefaqs did news like that. I just remember going immediately for the search and inputting to what I need and then hit the guide for something.
It wasn't an actual news article from GameFAQs. They don't do anything like that. I found it on their forums. They have forums much like DVDTalk has. The forum I found it on didn't quote an actual article. They just had that one pic I reposted here.
Old 09-20-15, 11:40 AM
Banned

Ah.
Old 09-21-15, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

I already posted this in the BvS thread, but since this is the movie he's actually taking about, I thought a cross post was in order.

Sebastian Stan answers some questions about Civil War, and returns fire at Zack Snyder

http://collider.com/captain-america-...yder-comments/

Collider: I think the reason why the Marvel movies are so good — especially Winter Soldier — is that Winter Soldier’s a ‘70s political thriller that happens to star Captain America. And what I’m curious about is what kind of take is Civil War in terms of … because it’s obviously going to be a reboot and reinvention. Do you know what I mean?
<HR>Stan: Yeah, I’m sitting here and I’m listening to you and I’m thinking, “Do I want to fire some shots at DC right now, at Zack Snyder?” I read some of those comments where he said something about Batman and Superman, I can’t remember where I read that, somewhere… Something about, “It’s not going to be your flavor-of-the-week Ant-Man.” And I was like, “Oh thanks, Zack. That’s great. Way to do something original.” But I would say we’re still making something very original in our own way. I mean, the Russos are coming in and taking something people are used to and they’re shaping it up and changing it in a very different way. They’re not trying to mimic a better Christopher Nolan movie or something like that.”
Old 10-29-15, 01:44 PM
Banned

Some guy found a Cap 3 shirt and posted an image of it on Twitter.

Chain mail addition to the suit for Cap:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.