Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Old 07-28-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And here we...go!

IDJV

So, we still fighting Russians?

I can't say I'd be surprised. Looked to me that they wanted to set up li'l Shia for some sequels and some $$$.
Old 07-28-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
Shia's new friend, Bill W?
Old 07-28-08, 01:05 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
He should go back to India and fight the Thugees again in Indiana Jones and the Call Center of Doom.
The following users liked this post:
Brack (06-21-21)
Old 07-28-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
My vote is to go Steven's direction, regardless of what it is.
Old 07-28-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm on the fence. A part of me wants them to just leave the series alone after the entertaining, but disappointing, Indy IV. On the other hand, I don't necessarily want to see the series end on Indy 4, so maybe a final (hopefully kick ass) installment will make things a bit better.
Old 07-28-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can Lucas BE anymore of a blatant money whore?
Old 07-28-08, 01:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Damed
Can Lucas BE anymore of a blatant money whore?
no, no he can't
Old 07-28-08, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The villain?

Sobriety.
Old 07-28-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
The 'ol fallbacks will always sound good, Noah's Ark & Atlantis. Hell combine the two for one crazy ass re-imagining... Noah's Ark was Atlantis!
Old 07-28-08, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
The 'ol fallbacks will always sound good, Noah's Ark & Atlantis. Hell combine the two for one crazy ass re-imagining... Noah's Ark was Atlantis!
I really enjoyed Crystal Skull, and I wouldn't mind them going from Mars to the sea - and focus on the lost city of Atlantis. BTW, I like your crazy ass re-imagining suggestion.
Old 07-28-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Bring it on.

Crystal Skull wasn't all I'd hoped it would be, but I still walked out of the theater totally satisfied.

Any Indy films they make from here on out will never live up to the standard set by the first three, and I'm okay with that. I can still go back and rewatch them any time I want (well, at least after my sister in law returns my dvds).
Old 07-28-08, 03:33 PM
Banned

I know its probably not cool to wish this but I wouldn't be terribly upset if an unfortunate fatal or similar accident happened to Lucas. (A coma would work just fine)
I know it was him who F'ed up Indy 4 with all those horrendous animals and aliens and CGI.
If he is out of the picture we could have a movie for adults that isnt filled with eye-rolling moments. Oh and I dont really care who the villains are (Russians, more Nazi's, hippies,) as long as they aren't space people.
Old 07-28-08, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Years ago, a high school buddy of mine had a VHS tape of two movies recorded off their TV broadcast. The titles were blurred for the VHS and became "Indiana Jones and the Hunt for Red October."

By the way, last night I finished reading what is alleged to have been the final draft of Frank Darabont's "Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods" script. For those who read the interviews and assumed that it was some masterpiece Lucas by-passed to make instead "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," I can assure you that it was not. To be honest, it's mostly still the same movie, but without Mutt. Some characters are different; instead of Mac, the double-crossing partner and Irina, the Russian agent, there's Yuri, the double-crossing partner who is a Russian agent; Marion is married, and her husband turns out to be a Russian collaborator. Darabont's conclusion is clearer, if not more rewarding, and he wrote some truly entertaining dialogue, but it's not the script that interviews make it out to be. A friend of mine acquired this and for obvious legal reasons I can't go into how it came to his possession, but assuming it's legit, then Darabont is among the worst typists whose work I've ever read.
Old 07-28-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember a segment in the CBS Early Show where the host interviewed Spielberg, Ford & Lucas all together while they were in Cannes. When the host asked who was the most reluctant in making Indy 4, Lucas pointed to Spielberg while the director willingly raised his hand.

Upon reading the book "The Making of Indiana Jones", it was apparent that Spielberg was very much against the notion of "extra-terrestrials" in the Indiana Jones series. He finally agreed to direct since that was probably only going to be the only time all three of them would be available.
Old 07-28-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Years ago, a high school buddy of mine had a VHS tape of two movies recorded off their TV broadcast. The titles were blurred for the VHS and became "Indiana Jones and the Hunt for Red October."

By the way, last night I finished reading what is alleged to have been the final draft of Frank Darabont's "Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods" script. For those who read the interviews and assumed that it was some masterpiece Lucas by-passed to make instead "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," I can assure you that it was not. To be honest, it's mostly still the same movie, but without Mutt. Some characters are different; instead of Mac, the double-crossing partner and Irina, the Russian agent, there's Yuri, the double-crossing partner who is a Russian agent; Marion is married, and her husband turns out to be a Russian collaborator. Darabont's conclusion is clearer, if not more rewarding, and he wrote some truly entertaining dialogue, but it's not the script that interviews make it out to be. A friend of mine acquired this and for obvious legal reasons I can't go into how it came to his possession, but assuming it's legit, then Darabont is among the worst typists whose work I've ever read.
I read parts of it. I thought it was pretty good and wouldn't have minded them making that. There was only one thing missing: IRINA.
Old 07-28-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Atlantis
Old 07-28-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Atlantis
Wasn't there an Indiana Jones video game that had something to do with Atlantis?

Anyway,I think it would be cool. If not Atlantis, then some kind of lost city like the City of Gold or something like that.
Old 07-28-08, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I thought

INDIANA JONES and the Destroyer of Worlds would have been a better title for Indy 4. There's a sense of finality with that.
Old 07-29-08, 01:07 AM
Banned

I love it:

"In spite of the critical mauling Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull received"

Indiana Jones 4 didn't receive a critical mauling. There are many here who'd like to think it did, but it didn't.
Old 07-29-08, 02:17 AM

The only thing I hated about the article was George Lucas saying he was the future...

What the fuck?

Yeah, if the future is teh suck, then, yeah, you are.
Old 07-29-08, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah here is the quote - "I'm in the future, Steven's in the past. He's trying to drag it back to the way they were, I'm trying to push it to a whole different place. So still we have a sort of tension. This recent one came out of that. It's kind of a hybrid of our own two ideas, so we'll see where we are able to take the next one."

George. Listen to Steven. You have not been a decent filmmaker for at least 30 years.
Old 07-29-08, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by KnightLerxst
Yeah here is the quote - "I'm in the future, Steven's in the past. He's trying to drag it back to the way they were, I'm trying to push it to a whole different place. So still we have a sort of tension. This recent one came out of that. It's kind of a hybrid of our own two ideas, so we'll see where we are able to take the next one."

George. Listen to Steven. You have not been a decent filmmaker for at least 30 years.
How do you say "blowhard" in Russian? Or German.
Old 07-29-08, 08:18 PM

If you keep it the way it was, it will still be a good movie...

Now I know why Lucas is a tard...
Old 07-30-08, 11:41 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by RTisBetter
Indiana Jones 4 didn't receive a critical mauling. There are many here who'd like to think it did, but it didn't.
Good reviews and huge box office. Trouble is, the people who loved the film typically don't post on message boards.

A shame that Skull has such a weird reputation now. I loved the film.
Old 07-30-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
I loved KOTCS when I saw it but it definitely warrants a second viewing to see how it stands up in the scope of the series. I'd say a vast majority of the film was very true to the series, it was only the over the top shit (fridge, Tarzan, gophers, the ending) that hinders the final perception of the film.

I can't wait to see the ant scene on Blu.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.