Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-08, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I loved KOTCS when I saw it but it definitely warrants a second viewing to see how it stands up in the scope of the series. I'd say a vast majority of the film was very true to the series, it was only the over the top shit (fridge, Tarzan, gophers, the ending) that hinders the final perception of the film.

I can't wait to see the ant scene on Blu.

I think the fridge, tarzan and the car/ship thing landing in teh tree were the most over the top. I didn't see the ending as too over the top, compared to Raiders. Yes it was more over the top than Raiders but it was comparable.
Old 07-30-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I must be the only one who was disappointed by the movie but actually enjoyed the Nuke the Fridge scene as one of the film's few highlights. I don't think it was necessarily out of place with the rest of the series. These movies have always had corny moments that seemed to make you smack your head but enjoy it at the same time. (One of my favorites from TOD was when the mine car jumped over the broken tracks.)

I think more moments like these would have made the film more enjoyable. Now Marion expertly driving off a cliff into a tree - that was just stupid and ridiculous. If she had done it by accident I might have been able to accept it, but come on.
Old 12-06-13, 05:13 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts
Indiana Jones 5 - News, Rumors, Casting, etc...

I didn't say an official thread on this yet. So... with this news... let the rumors begin...

Disney Takes Over Rights to ‘Indiana Jones’ Franchise

The Walt Disney Studios and Paramount Pictures have reached a distribution and marketing agreement for the Indiana Jones franchise.

Under the arrangement, Disney gains distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining its current ownership rights which it secured when it acquired Lucasfilm.

Paramount will continue to be responsible for distribution of the first four films in the franchise and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

Though Disney now owns the rights they have not officially announced that a fifth films is in the works.

Back in August while promoting his Relativity film “Paranoia,” Harrison Ford expressed interest in doing another film but as of right now no writers have been set to write a script and Steven Spielberg has not committed to a sequel.

That said, now that Disney has those rights they likely will move quickly to get a film in motion. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has expressed a lot of interest to monetize the brand ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm last year.

The last installment “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” grossed $783 million worldwide.
Old 12-06-13, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Disney buys the rights to Indiana Jones...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/di...nt-1200927216/

The Walt Disney Studios and Paramount Pictures have reached a distribution and marketing agreement for the Indiana Jones franchise.

Under the arrangement, Disney gains distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining its current ownership rights which it secured when it acquired Lucasfilm.

Paramount will continue to be responsible for distribution of the first four films in the franchise and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

Though Disney now owns the rights they have not officially announced that a fifth films is in the works.

Back in August while promoting his Relativity film “Paranoia,” Harrison Ford expressed interest in doing another film but as of right now no writers have been set to write a script and Steven Spielberg has not committed to a sequel.

That said, now that Disney has those rights they likely will move quickly to get a film in motion. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has expressed a lot of interest to monetize the brand ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm last year.

The last installment “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” grossed $783 million worldwide.
Old 12-06-13, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Re: Disney buys the rights to Indiana Jones...

Waiting for Disney to buy the rights to Debbie Does Dallas- they seem to want to own EVERYTHING at this point.
Old 12-06-13, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: Indiana Jones 5 - Rumors, Casting, etc...

just like a mod to move my thread into his thread.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bet they use this as a bargaining chip to get Ford in episode 7.

I merged them... so whatever is posted first gets top billing.
Old 12-06-13, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by robin2099
Bet they use this as a bargaining chip to get Ford in episode 7.
This was posted in the Episode VII board... so yea... probably...

Now THIS is how you start the new week. The news we've all been hoping for has reached us from the mysterious Jedi Master SQL.

Han Solo, Harrison Ford, is back and onboard for Episode Seven, but that's not all. As part of the deal, steps have been made which raise the possibility of Ford donning the famed Fedora hat of Indiana Jones once more.

A verbal agreement with Ford to play Han Solo once more has been in principle place since before the Disney deal. Over the course of this summer financial settlements were reached. The outstanding points that had dragged on but are now resolved are:

Ford wanted to see the synopsis for his character's development over more than just Episode 7. He saw this in August and is happy with the story arc.
Ford wanted a commitment to Indy 5. He did not get this as there is no plot line or script in place. What did happen was an agreement was made wherein an outline would be developed by the end of calendar year 2014, and if all parties can agree to it moving forward, efforts would be made to move on Indy 5 for release before the end of 2016.
Disney wanted a multi film deal with Ford which transcends Episode 7. This has now been agreed.

Exciting news indeed from the Jedi Master. Fans can breath some relief that Han Solo is back, and while we can't quite say Indiana Jones 5 is coming it is exciting that conceptually it's back on the table.

As ever, until confirmed by Lucasfilm, Disney or Bad Robot this is just a rumour, and should be treated as so.
Old 12-06-13, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

With Lucas out of the way, maybe they can get Kasdan and Spielberg to come up with a decent send off.
Old 12-06-13, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just keep Lucas the hell away from it and it has a chance. Didn't they have a really good script for Indy 4 by Frank Darabont that everyone else was happy with? And the only reason they didn't go with it is that George didn't like it and insisted on trashing it?
Old 12-06-13, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Thanks for deleting my post during the thread-merge!

I posted that I wonder if this acquisition has any impact on the possiblity of adapting the wonderful book Raiders! into a movie. It's a cool story of two tween boys in the mid-80s who by themselves create the ultimate fan film, and I think the story could work as a film -- sort of like Super 8 without the need of a supernatural angle. I just figured George Lucas would keep the film from being made because he's often a jerk about his properties.
Old 12-06-13, 05:26 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

cast Jensen Ackles as Indy's OTHER son (maybe with Willie?), let Ford have a nice long cameo, and pass the torch to this guy. Fans of Supernatural know he's got pretty decent range as an actor, with just enough smarm like a young Harrison Ford.

oh, and just for shits and giggles:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R0Fz_egtEgc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-06-13, 05:32 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jensen Ackles as Indy's cooler son appeals to me.
Old 12-06-13, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Jensen Ackles as Indy's cooler son appeals to me.
Same here. I always thought he would make a great Nathan Drake if they ever got a movie based on Uncharted made.
Old 12-06-13, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crappy movies, incoming.
Old 12-06-13, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting. What's with Disney? Buying all these popular properties is rather unheard of. Why not just buy Lucasfilm altogether?

Though with Lucas possibly not too involved it could also be exciting. Pretty much what I feel for SW now. Either way, I enjoy the Indy world. I'd welcome another one to just end it on a good note.
Old 12-06-13, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Disney did buy all of Lucasfilm, however there are a lot of distribution deals with the various rights owned with the various studios, Paramount of which was with the Indy series.

Originally Posted by Hollywood Reporter
Disney claims that it has no immediate plans to exploit Lucasfilm's other crown jewel, the Indiana Jones franchise, but should it change that stance, it faces another barrier.

Paramount, which distributed all four films in the adventure franchise, has an option to distribute any future sequels, an individual with knowledge of the pact told TheWrap. It only earns a distribution fee for its pains, but that will eat into any profits for Disney.

Should another Indy film make it out of the gate, that fee will be on the order of what the studio charged to handle the 2008 rollout of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull": Roughly 12.5 percent of theatrical, home entertainment and television revenue.

It's a safe bet that Disney and its team of lawyers will be poring over contracts that Lucasfilm made with Paramount and particularly Fox to determine how expansive their claims on these films are and if they extend into digital avenues of distribution.
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...ought-4b-63346
Old 12-06-13, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
from dex's post ...

Exciting news indeed from the Jedi Master. Fans can breath some relief that Han Solo is back, and while we can't quite say Indiana Jones 5 is coming it is exciting that conceptually it's back on the table.
As a huge Star Wars and Indiana Jones fan ... Not all that excited. Maybe it's just me.
Old 12-06-13, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
cast Jensen Ackles as Indy's OTHER son (maybe with Willie?), let Ford have a nice long cameo, and pass the torch to this guy. Fans of Supernatural know he's got pretty decent range as an actor, with just enough smarm like a young Harrison Ford.

>
Better idea ... Cast him as Indiana Jones.
Old 12-06-13, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

An Indy 5 doesn't really excite me with Ford, so that part of it isn't a big deal to me. I'd enjoy a passing of the torch, just not with Shia.
Old 12-06-13, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got it: let's do a reboot with Nathan Fillion as Indy (to please all the nerds who want him cast in every movie) and at some point he finds a cave with some sort of time tunnel, and out comes Harrison Ford as Indy Prime.

Ford: "I'm Dr. Henry Jones."
Fillion: "Bullshit."

Boom! Money. You're welcome, Disney.
Old 12-06-13, 07:48 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's with your guys obsession with Nathan Fillion, sure he was great on Firefly and decent in Dr. Horrible but I mean Castle is a boring show.
Old 12-06-13, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
What's with your guys obsession with Nathan Fillion, sure he was great on Firefly and decent in Dr. Horrible but I mean Castle is a boring show.
Sounds like a writing problem not a Fillion problem.
Old 12-06-13, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

If someone was to fill the shoes of Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones, I would go with Daniel Craig.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.