Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Last movie that disappointed you?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Last movie that disappointed you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: Last movie that disappointed you?

R.i.p.d.
Old 12-06-13, 07:04 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just watched "Adore", i was expecting more erotic scenes, but it was nothing special and also a little boring.
Old 12-07-13, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dconev
I just watched "Adore", i was expecting more erotic scenes, but it was nothing special and also a little boring.
Not sure if serious
Old 12-07-13, 03:08 PM
Banned

Not out yet, but the new Spiderman movie. You just don't change the race of a character that's been the same for 40 some odd years.

Napoleon Dynamite - I had always heard that it was a really amazing, funny comedy and was a really good movie. Um....it wasn't. It was even worse than Caddyshack....which I didn't think was possible.
Old 12-07-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
Not out yet, but the new Spiderman movie. You just don't change the race of a character that's been the same for 40 some odd years. Napoleon Dynamite - I had always heard that it was a really amazing, funny comedy and was a really good movie. Um....it wasn't. It was even worse than Caddyshack....which I didn't think was possible.
I'm disappointed that you don't know how to spell Spider-Man, he's only been around for 50 years.
Old 12-07-13, 03:18 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Graftenberg
I'm disappointed that you don't know how to spell Spider-Man, he's only been around for 50 years.
yeah.
"it's not like it's his last name...like Phil Spiderman."
Old 12-07-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not out yet, but the new Spiderman movie. You just don't change the race of a character that's been the same for 40 some odd years.
Spider-Man wasn't always white?
Old 12-07-13, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Spider-Man wasn't always white?
Electro?!
and sure you do: see Nick Fury
Old 12-07-13, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They should have stayed true to the comics and made the Hulk gray.
Old 12-07-13, 05:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

the latest film from Japanese director Kore-eda Hirokazu: 'Like Father, Like Son' just felt lacking and odd after such great films 'I Wish' and 'Still Walking'
Old 12-09-13, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Napoleon Dynamite - I had always heard that it was a really amazing, funny comedy and was a really good movie. Um....it wasn't. It was even worse than Caddyshack....which I didn't think was possible.
This movie and "Ron Burgundy" were both movies I was assured were "awesome" and "funny" but neither proved to be true.

I trusted the pitch on both those movies because the previous two times I was told "Mallrats" and "Evil Dead 2" were great, and they actually were.
Old 12-09-13, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by UAIOE
This movie and "Ron Burgundy" were both movies I was assured were "awesome" and "funny" but neither proved to be true.

I trusted the pitch on both those movies because the previous two times I was told "Mallrats" and "Evil Dead 2" were great, and they actually were.
I remember seeing 'Anchorman' in the theater and just cringed and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever saw. The teenager one row in front of me also thought the same - watching him squirm/revulsion over one scene in particular was funnier than the movie itself.

'Animal House' is another comedy I don't get the humor nor find remotely funny in the slightest.
Old 12-09-13, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Iron Man 3 - worst of the marvel superhero movies.
and I thought Iron Man 2 was bad

... and then the Thor sequel came out - ugh... just shoot me.
Old 12-09-13, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Oh, I forgot Rock Of Ages. Incredibly awesome live stage musical... beyond fucking POS awful movie. They completely changed and totally gutted both the story and the characters to the point where it barely resembled the original show.

I got free tickets to an early screening and still felt I massively overpaid.
I thought the film version was a slap in the face to the fans of the stage version - "POS" is putting it lightly.
Old 12-09-13, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
I may be in the minority, but I thought it was one of the best superhero movies I've seen, period, and I thought it was the best of the X-men series.
I maybe in the minority in thinking that each film after X2 (including the Wolverine movies) got progressively worse...
Old 12-09-13, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Man of Steel. Biggest letdown in the past 10 years at least. And yes, for me it was way worse then Superman Returns.

Crap, I so wanted this to be another SPL or Flashpoint. Very sad to hear anout this.
Man of Steel was more of a video game than an actual 'movie' - all action little substance... to it's credit though, it's better than Superman Returns any day - now that was a movie where trying to watch it a second time was just painful. "Boring!"
Old 12-09-13, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

R.I.P.D. was one of, if not the worst movie I've seen this year.

I get all of the 'Men in Black ripoff' hoopla before the film ever came out, and I never read the comics, but man what a pile of utter shit. I've never been so inclined to turn a film off only 20 minutes in but this movie deserved to bomb as bad as it did.

Men in Black is one of my top 10 all-time favorite movies so I was hoping this was a nod more than anything but it just made me appreciate MIB all the more.

World War Z also is probably my 'most disappointed' movie this year, though. I hate it when people overhype things. It was a generic zombie movie, and I was expecting the definitive zombie movie of the modern era. Both 28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later are better films.
Old 12-09-13, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Pacific Rim. Not a huge disappointment, but after a killer opening (that' the how you get comic book exposition out of the way!) and a near non stop parade of dazzling eye candy, I was surprised how little investment I felt at the end. Didn't hate it...was more like meh.
I watched a low budget sci-fi film from 1980 right before it (The Return) and though the film was clearly inferior in just about every way, for some reason I had quite a bit more fun with it.
Old 12-09-13, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Yeah, Pacific Rim wasn't terrible but it wasn't particularly good.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed by it, it delivered what it basically advertised: Big robots vs Monsters, it just isn't a very good movie.

Anchorman got better on repeated viewings for me, I never understood the appeal of Napoleon Dynamite, though the dance sequence was funny.
Old 12-09-13, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Pacific Rim. Not a huge disappointment, but after a killer opening (that' the how you get comic book exposition out of the way!) and a near non stop parade of dazzling eye candy, I was surprised how little investment I felt at the end. Didn't hate it...was more like meh. I watched a low budget sci-fi film from 1980 right before it (The Return) and though the film was clearly inferior in just about every way, for some reason I had quite a bit more fun with it.
In spite of what del Toro may say, I do think he was shackled at least somewhat by making a studio film.
Old 12-09-13, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
In spite of what del Toro may say, I do think he was shackled at least somewhat by making a studio film.
I don't think so. He did Pacific Rim when Mountains of Madness fell through. And at 200 million - there are no shackles there. He's one of the producers, too.

Now with the Crimson Peak flick in pre-production he's back to lower scale projects.
Old 12-09-13, 10:11 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Giles
'Animal House' is another comedy I don't get the humor nor find remotely funny in the slightest.
What? Animal House is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I don't know how you couldn't find it funny.
Old 12-09-13, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by My Other Self
R.I.P.D. was one of, if not the worst movie I've seen this year.
Have you guys ever gone to a Ryan Reynolds's movie with high expectations?
Old 12-09-13, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I actually found Anchorman to be pretty funny. Now Malllrats....wow. I used to love that movie years ago, but about 2 years ago i decided to revisit it and now i have nothing but hatred for that movie. Its nigh on unwatchable. Everything about it is just awful. It has aged so badly in my opinion.

With regards to last movie i was disappointed in....well probably Thor: Dark World. I really enjoyed the first movie and felt the character and worlds were set up very well. The second movie just felt empty and the action was weak. I felt it could have been something special, but felt more like a cheap TV sequel. Hopes still exists for part 3 as long as they get some decent action in their.

With many movies (RIPD being a classic example) i have already incredibly low expectations before even seeing them. So when i eventually do see them and they turn out to be the turdfest i expect i dont feel disappointed, just justified in my expectations.
Old 12-09-13, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
I actually found Anchorman to be pretty funny. Now Malllrats....wow. I used to love that movie years ago, but about 2 years ago i decided to revisit it and now i have nothing but hatred for that movie. Its nigh on unwatchable. Everything about it is just awful. It has aged so badly in my opinion.

With regards to last movie i was disappointed in....well probably Thor: Dark World. I really enjoyed the first movie and felt the character and worlds were set up very well. The second movie just felt empty and the action was weak. I felt it could have been something special, but felt more like a cheap TV sequel. Hopes still exists for part 3 as long as they get some decent action in their.

With many movies (RIPD being a classic example) i have already incredibly low expectations before even seeing them. So when i eventually do see them and they turn out to be the turdfest i expect i dont feel disappointed, just justified in my expectations.
Hopefully you weren't watching the extended cut of Mallrats. The theatrical cut is the only way to go.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.