Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

London Has Fallen (2016, D: Najafi) -- S: Butler, Eckhart, Freeman

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

London Has Fallen (2016, D: Najafi) -- S: Butler, Eckhart, Freeman

Old 11-21-13, 01:05 PM

Received 4,551 Likes on 3,087 Posts
Re: London has Fallen (2014/2015?) -- S: Butler, Eckhart, Freeman D: TBA

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
OHF is the bomb, yo. It's violent as fuck and Gerard Butler fucks shit up big time. The audio is reference, too.

This is what that last bullshit Die Hard movie should have been.
Old 11-21-13, 01:21 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

OHF is the bomb, yo. It's violent as fuck and Gerard Butler fucks shit up big time. The audio is reference, too.

This is what that last bullshit Die Hard movie should have been.
My only real complaint...Melissa Leo. God, she was fucking annoying.
Old 11-21-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 722 Likes on 527 Posts

^ You, sir, are unpatriotic!

I pledge allegiance to the flag... of the United States of America!
Old 11-21-13, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
My only real complaint...Melissa Leo. God, she was fucking annoying.
Well, after the torturous beating they gave her, I let that slide.
Old 11-21-13, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 853 Posts

Wouldn't "Camelot Has Fallen" be a more appropriate title? (I was trying to think of something mythical involving England ... it's better than Sherwood Has Fallen.)
Old 05-01-14, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw this linked from the Point Break remake thread. I didn't know they're making a sequel, this is awesome. The first one should've been called Headshot. Awww yisssss.
Old 05-01-14, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had no idea this was even going to be a thing, and I can't say the film needed a sequel, but OHF was one of the best action movies I've seen in recent years. Way more fun than it had any right to be. I'll give this one a shot.
Old 05-01-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Whoa, that came out of nowhere.

Opening weekend for sure
Old 05-01-14, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,623 Likes on 2,600 Posts

http://m.deadline.com/2014/05/focus-...-october-2015/

Coming out October 2, 2015

Focus Features will be distributing it in the U.S. Meaning the sequel will probably be released on Blu Ray through Universal.

Synopsis:

The sequel begins in London, where the British Prime Minister has passed away under mysterious circumstances. His funeral is a must-attend event for leaders of the Western world. But what starts out as the most protected event on earth, turns into a deadly plot to kill the world's most powerful leaders and unleash a terrifying vision of the future. Only three people have any hope of stopping it: the President of the United States, his formidable secret service head (Butler), and an English MI-6 agent who rightly trusts no one.
Old 05-02-14, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: London has Fallen (2015) -- S: Butler, Eckhart, Freeman D: TBA

Old 08-18-14, 07:03 PM

Fredrik Bond, who directed the Shia LaBeouf drama Charlie Countryman, is in negotiations to direct Olympus Has Fallen sequel London Has Fallen for Millennium.

Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman are reprising their roles for the feature, which moves the action from the lawn of the White House to London.

The three main characters — a U.S. Secret Service agent (Butler), the U.S. president (Eckhart) and the speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives (Freeman) — are attending the funeral of the British prime minister when all hell breaks loose (again). Christian Gudegast wrote the most recent draft of the script.

The movie, which Focus Features will distribute domestically, is eyeing an October start date.

Butler, Alan Siegel, Mark Gill, and Matt O'Toole are producing.

Bond is a music video director who made his feature debut with Countryman, which premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. Bond has been on the list of many big projects that were in search of helmers (he was on the shortlist for Pirates of the Caribbean 5) and with Fallen he gets his hands on a high-profile sequel.

He is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...uel-has-726089
Old 08-18-14, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

After 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY, I wonder how much of this movie will now seem like familiar territory.

I really liked the first one, though...I thought it was much, much more entertaining than WHITE HOUSE DOWN.
Old 08-18-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, Great choice for London as Charlie Countryman fucking rocked. I hope it keeps that hard R tone the first film had.
Old 08-18-14, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

McClane: How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?
Old 08-18-14, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Wow, I thought this thing was almost done filming, not just beginning. I thought they'd be in post production by now.
Old 09-18-14, 10:23 PM

Fredrik Bond dropped out: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...l-loses-734224
Old 09-29-14, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Troubled 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Finds Director
3:49 PM PDT 9/28/2014 by Borys Kit

Olympus Has Fallen sequel London Has Fallen has a director.

Scandinavian helmer Babak Najafi, who directed the Snabba cash sequel Easy Money II: Hard to Kill is in talks to replace Fredrik Bond on the Millennium action movie.

Bond left over a week ago with the movie weeks away from shooting.

Millennium and star Gerard Butler immediately scrambled but last week, things were not looking good. Butler was not liking the directing prospects, and some sources say he was even mulling the idea of leaving the project.
Najafi, Wayne Blair (The Sapphires) and Gary Fleder (Runaway Jury) were names that surfaced by mid-week, with Najafi pulling ahead into dealmaking mode.

If a deal makes, Najafi will jump into a shoot that will be in two parts: London will lense for four weeks with principals Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart, Angela Bassett and Melissa Leo.

The production will then pause before picking up again in February, this time with Butler, and shoot until April. The two-phase shoot is to accommodate the actor, who is currently filming Geostorm for Warner Bros. and Skydance.
Najafi directed a couple of episodes of Cinemax series Banshee but London will be his English-language feature debut. He is repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment.
Old 09-29-14, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The synopsis for Butler's new movie is fucking crazy: As a man heads into space to prevent climate-controlling satellites from creating a storm of epic proportions, his brother discovers a plot to assassinate the president.
Old 09-29-14, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Gerard's my boy!

I wonder why Bond left the project?
Old 09-29-14, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,623 Likes on 2,600 Posts

Gerard's my boy!

I wonder why Bond left the project?
He apparently didn't like the rushed shooting schedule. They are trying to film this and get this released next year. As the story says, they are trying to shoot this in 2 passes. One without Butler and then a 2nd pass with Butler once he becomes available. Since they are filming until April, it's feasible this could be a late summer/early Fall release next year.

If Najafi could handle directing some episodes of Banshee, he's more than capable of handling this movie and it's schedule.
Old 10-12-14, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: London Has Fallen (2015) -- S: Butler, Eckhart, Freeman D: TBA

‘Olympus Has Fallen’ Sequel Lands Jackie Earle Haley As First New Cast Member (Exclusive)

Oscar-nominated actor Jackie Earle Haley (“Little Children,” “Watchmen”) has closed a deal to join “London Has Fallen,” the sequel to last year's sleeper hit “Olympus Has Fallen” that's being mounted by Focus Features and Millennium Films, TheWrap has learned.

Babak Najafi (“Easy Money II”) is directing the movie, which will reunite original stars Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Melissa Leo, Angela Bassett and Radha Mitchell.

Butler returns as a U.S. Secret Service agent tasked with stopping a terrorist threat — this time overseas. When he attends the British prime minister's funeral with the U.S. president (Eckhart) and Speaker of the House (Freeman), a deadly plot to kill powerful world leaders reveals itself.

Haley will play Deputy Chief Mason, though character details were not immediately available.

Christian Gudegast wrote the script with original scribes Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt, whose “Olympus Has Fallen” grossed nearly $100 million at the domestic box office.

Butler is producing with Alan Siegel, Mark Gill and Matt O'Toole, while Millennium's Avi Lerner and Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel will executive produce with Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson and Christine Crow.

Haley recently co-starred in Martin Scorsese's “Shutter Island,” “Steven Spielberg's “Lincoln,” Tim Burton's “Dark Shadows” and Sony's “RoboCop” remake. Haley is also in post-production on his directorial debut “Criminal Activities,” in which he stars alongside John Travolta, Dan Stevens and Michael Pitt. He's represented by WME, Leslie Allan-Rice Management and attorney Todd Rubenstein.
Old 10-12-14, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts

I hope Jackie Earle Haley says "hey, dude" at least once to Gerard Butler.
Old 10-12-14, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gerard Butler has some weird speech impediment whenever he tries to speak with an American accent. It's really annoying an so is he.
Old 10-12-14, 09:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sven
Gerard Butler has some weird speech impediment whenever he tries to speak with an American accent. It's really annoying an so is he.
I've noticed that too, its as if he's talking out of the side of his mouth
Old 05-09-15, 09:43 AM

The sequel to the worldwide smash hit “Olympus Has Fallen,” a non-stop, suspenseful action thriller that delivers high-octane excitement through a heightened sense of authenticity. The visceral intensity springs from a timely premise: after the British Prime Minister passes away, his funeral becomes a target of a terrorist organization to destroy some of the world’s most powerful leaders, devastate the British capital, and unleash a terrifying vision of the future. The only hope of stopping it rests on the shoulders of the President of the United States (Aaron Eckhart) and his formidable Secret Service head (Gerard Butler), and an English MI-6 agent (Charlotte Riley) who rightly trusts no one. Morgan Freeman also stars as the Vice President of the United States.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.