Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (D: Snyder; S: Gadot)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 07-20-13, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/

Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.

Last edited by redrum; 07-20-13 at 04:20 PM. Reason: fffffff
Old 07-20-13, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: Untitled Superman & Batman Film (2015) (D: Snyder; S: Cavill, Affleck)

Though MAN OF STEEL has done a less-than-scintilliating $283 million at the domestic box office, the Los Angeles Times is reporting that Warner Bros will announce today at the San Diego Comic Con that they are moving forward on a sequel. And, um, Batman's going to be in it.

The Warner Bros panel is set to begin at 10:45 AM Pacific, so there may be additional info to add to this story. As for now, here's what we know: Zack Snyder will direct, David S. Goyer will write the screenplay, Henry Cavill will return as Superman, and Christian Bale is unlikely to return as Batman. The film is currently scheduled for release in 2015.

This is not the first time WB has tried to bring the two titans of the DC Comics universe together. Eleven years ago, they set Wolfgang Petersen to direct BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN from a screenplay by Andrew Kevin Walker (who was subsequently rewritten by Akiva Goldsman, at which point no one save for Goldsman's agent wanted to see the movie). I seriously doubt they'll use elements from that earlier script.

Again, check this article in an hour. There may be an update.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63341
Old 07-20-13, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

wondering if Batman will get very little screen time and this will still be a Supes movie or the two will be getting equal screen time
Old 07-20-13, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much what they should do. Might even make a new Batman more palatable.
Old 07-20-13, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

I just jizzed in my pants. Woooo. This is the team up I always wanted to see on the big screen.
Old 07-20-13, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I liked MoS a lot but it could have been better. Iffy as fuck with this team and premise.
Old 07-20-13, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Batman and Superman in the same movie...very cool

The key will be the recasting of Bruce Wayne/Batman since Bale is out.

I just saw that this means Justice League is being pushed back to 2017.
Old 07-20-13, 01:40 PM
Suspended

MoS was okay, didn't it only do about as well as Superman Returns though? I think they feel if Batman is involved it will boost interest in Superman financially but it could backfire without Bale as Batman since he opted out of anymore Batman movies and now that Armie Hammer proved he's not a real box office pull with the disappointing Lone Ranger this will be interesting.
Old 07-20-13, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It does make me wonder how and what wil bring them together. And how they'll be able to make the two work in the same live action world. That sounds like a bitch to do.
Old 07-20-13, 01:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
MoS was okay, didn't it only do about as well as Superman Returns though?
If by "about as well" you mean "nearly double the gross," then yeah, sure.
Old 07-20-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

IIRC, Superman Returns barely broke even with worldwide grosses. It barely crossed $200M in the U.S.

Man of Steel is well over a half billion dollars in Worldwide grosses, it absolutely deserves a sequel.
Old 07-20-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Flash coming in 2016 and Justice League 2017.
Old 07-20-13, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by redrum
wondering if Batman will get very little screen time and this will still be a Supes movie or the two will be getting equal screen time
They need to look at that Superman/Batman crossover episode(s) during the BTAS/STAS run. That one seemed to give equal time to both guys.
Old 07-20-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Flash coming in 2016 and Justice League 2017.
As much as I want a Flash movie, I wonder how he'd translate to the big screen. Don't they need a Green Lantern reboot before Justice League?
Old 07-20-13, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I want a Swamp Thing reboot and a Phantom Stranger movie.
Old 07-20-13, 02:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
If by "about as well" you mean "nearly double the gross," then yeah, sure.
Oh, jeez sorry didn't know we had boxofficemojo here.
Old 07-20-13, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I find it odd that one film in and they're already dropping Batman into the mix to entice filmgoers. That says a lot to me about how WB perceives a Superman-only MoS 2 would be received.
Old 07-20-13, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
Oh, jeez sorry didn't know we had boxofficemojo here.
Wikipedia also has this information readily available.
Old 07-20-13, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redrum
In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
Its not a new series. Its been published for about a decade. It just got relaunched with a shiny new #1 issue due to the New 52.

Originally Posted by My Other Self
As much as I want a Flash movie, I wonder how he'd translate to the big screen. Don't they need a Green Lantern reboot before Justice League?
I loved the 2-part pilot episode of the 90s Flash TV series, and I always felt it could have made a decent movie.

The best thing for Green Lantern is not to associate him with Hal Jordan/Ryan Reynolds. It would be better to recast him and use another Green Lantern such as Kyle Rayner or Jon Stewart.

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
And a Spectre movie.

Supposedly Del Toro is working on a Justice League Dark movie that would feature the supernatural side of DC with characters such as those.

Originally Posted by islandclaws
I find it odd that one film in and they're already dropping Batman into the mix to entice filmgoers. That says a lot to me about how WB perceives a Superman-only MoS 2 would be received.
Its not really that odd at all. Batman has always been DC's bread and butter. They publish more than a dozen Batman related comic books each month. It would be more odd if they planned a DC Cinematic Universe without such a Batman/Superman team-up movie.

I don't know why you would think they aren't also planning a Man of Steel sequel too. The hate against the movie is mostly just internet forum talk, and internet forums generally hate everything so who cares. The general public liked the movie. It was the highest grossing Superman movie of all time actually. A sequel is practically guaranteed.

Last edited by taffer; 07-20-13 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-20-13, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by taffer

And a Spectre movie.

Supposedly Del Toro is working on a Justice League Dark movie that would feature the supernatural side of DC with characters such as those.
...and a Deadman movie.

GDT getting involved? Yes. Please.
Old 07-20-13, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Personally, I would say no. While people seem to think the current Green Lantern film sucked, it did introduce the general public to who/what Green Lantern is. So if he is in JL, they will know who he is & how he became GL. If people like the one in the movie, then spin him into his own film. In his own film, consider the other movie as a soft reboot (like Hulk did with his 1st movie) so we don't have to see another origin story that probaby wouldn't be that different then the other movies')

People were so concerned that MOS was coming off Superman Returns. Now imagine how little people would want to see a new GL movie considering the other one is only a few years old & GL is nowhere near as famous as Superman.
Old 07-20-13, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
I keep turning down the scripts they send me for it. Warner wants me to carry a gun and utter a ridiculous catchphrase. They also won't let me wear my turtlenecks.

This is an aggressive move by WB to use Batman so early after the Nolan trilogy. It will be interesting to see how they portray this new version, which I imagine will spin out directly towards a new Justice League movie.
Old 07-20-13, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully the Joker will be the villain if only to annoy those 'Joker should never be used again' people.
Old 07-20-13, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This is an aggressive move by WB to use Batman so early after the Nolan trilogy. It will be interesting to see how they portray this new version, which I imagine will spin out directly towards a new Justice League movie.
I don't think there's really going to be a new version of Batman, given that Nolan is still involved with this new movie in some capacity. If they somehow tie the ending of TDKR in to it, it wouldn't surprise me. The online world has always speculated that Nolan's Bat-verse would never be tied in to a potential JL movie, but I don't see how it could be counted out. WB needs to extend it in some way, shape or form. I really can't see them starting over with yet another new guy behind the mask only 3 years after Rises with Nolan attached to the project.
Old 07-20-13, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by resinrats
Hopefully the Joker will be the villain if only to annoy those 'Joker should never be used again' people.
Also make Joker an african american woman.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.