Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (D: Snyder; S: Gadot)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (D: Snyder; S: Gadot)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-13, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
re: Untitled Superman & Batman Film (2015) (D: Snyder; S: Cavill, Affleck)

How about a "The Tudors" reunion and get Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Batman?
Old 07-21-13, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
He's a little busy playing Dracula on NBC.
Old 07-21-13, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I like the guy but he'd make a terrible Batman. Maybe Nolan can put in a good word for Guy Pearce? Just have him get ripped like he was in Lockout.

Last edited by RocShemp; 07-21-13 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-21-13, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

WOW. That WW shoe rant. I...yeah...
Old 07-21-13, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by taffer
Comics from the 40s through 60s, which is where those comic scans are from, hardly matter anymore. It matters about as much as Adam West Batman still matters today.
Throughout the decades, even in the 90's, WW has been doing/saying random sexist bullshit: http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/04/09/wo...exist-moments/

In any case, I'm not saying I want her presented as resinrats suggested. I just assumed he was poking fun at the sexism that character has represented in the past.
Old 07-21-13, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not as excited about this team up as I imagined I would be 3-5 years ago. And I even liked Man of Steel.
Old 07-21-13, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
The movie is excellent.
Flashpoint is the best animated movie DC has put out.
Old 07-21-13, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by taffer
You guys have already seen the Flashpoint movie?

Edit: I looked it up on wikipedia. Apparently it comes out July 30. I thought it wasn't supposed to come out until later this fall/winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice...hpoint_Paradox
A friend of mine had a download and he let me watch it.
-I will be buying the BR when it comes out.
Old 07-21-13, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm gonna rank what I'd personally like to see happen.

1. A straight MOS sequel.
2. A Justice League movie independent of the MOS franchise.
3. No movie at all.
4. Batman and Superman teaming up in a MOS sequel.
5. Eating a cat raw.
6. Batman AGAINST Superman in a MOS sequel.
Old 07-21-13, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is EXACTLY what I wanted, I hope the call the movie "The World's Finest".

Opening:
Superman battles criminals (InterGang) with advanced weapons
-The weapons are able to give Supes some pain and he has trouble stopping them, but he does
-After fight...Clark at Daily Planet, then Clark and Lois go on a date
***Jimmy Olsen should have something to do with this since Darkseid first appeared in his comic way back in 1970)

Batman:
-Investigates new weapons coming into Gotham City
-Stops the bad guys with the new weapons
-Finds out the weapons are coming from Metropolis (also sees Supe's Intergang battle on the news)

2nd Act:
-Batman finds Superman (tells him he knows he is Clark Kent)
-Superman x-rays Batman's cowl, but still does not know who Bruce Wayne is (figures it out later)
-Batman and Supes hunt down who is providing the guns to Intergang
-Battles more Intergang weapons, they don't like each other, but the know they need each other

Closing:
-Batman/Supes find the real bad guys
-Bad guys are Darksied Minion: Desaad and Kalibak (Save "Granny Goodness" and one/all of her "Female Furies" for Wonder Woman in the JL Movies)
-Batman has to outsmart Desaad
-Superman has big battle with Kalibak (to beat him he has to use his muscle and information Bats has discovered from his detective work on Dasaad)
-Supes beats Kalibak who retreats (using a BOOM Tube) after he is humiliated by Superman.

-Batman contacts Superman and tells him that they are going to need more help to battle the forces that will be coming from Darkseid (Batman used Government computer to hack codes they he stole from Dasaad to figure out that Desaad and Kalibak were here only to test/weaken the Earths defensive...and test/kill Superman)

After Closing Credits
-Or...After the big fight, Orion appears by a BOOM Tube and scares Superman, but Orion tells Superman/Batman that they need more help if they are to survive the Apocalypse that is to come.

-Or...Shows Kalibak before a very disappointed/angry Darkseid that he failed his mission...hear Kalibak's voice scream as beams come out of Darksied's eyes.

1 or 2 years after World's Finest, JL Movie comes out.
-But, the Darkseid Saga is so huge it is two movies that are filmed at the same time (DC has to go big here)
-First movie has JL come together, then battle more of Darkseid Minions (Orion could be apart of the battle, supporting the almost overmatched JL)
(At the end, they could pull the Superman is captured and turned to the Darkseid)
-2nd Movie has the JL battle Darkseid's invation force and then Darksied himself
(Supes could be the one leading Darkseid's Force)
(Superman is turned back to the light by Batman, and then Supes is really ticked so he battles Darkseid)

***The next Superman movie is him trying to earn back the trust of the Earth, but Lex is not having it because he does not trust the "Alien". Lex is completely in the background pulling the strings.

I know that this pulls from many different Superman/JLA story lines, but there is a wealth of info to pull from.
-DC has to go big to pull this off.
-This CANNOT be just some story pulled together to make money, it has to be an epic event.

Last edited by Iron_Giant; 07-21-13 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-21-13, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Surprised to see all the raving about Flashpoint Paradox, from the trailer it didn't look very interesting at all. I would have bought it regardless, but it is good to hear that it is entertaining.
Old 07-21-13, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant

Opening:
Superman battles criminals (InterGang) with advanced weapons
-The weapons are able to give Supes some pain and he has trouble stopping them, but he does
-After fight...Clark at Daily Planet, then Clark and Lois go on a date
***Jimmy Olsen should have something to do with this since Darkseid first appeared in his comic way back in 1970)

Batman:
-Investigates new weapons coming into Gotham City
-Stops the bad guys with the new weapons
-Finds out the weapons are coming from Metropolis (also sees Supe's Intergang battle on the news)

2nd Act:
-Batman finds Superman (tells him he knows he is Clark Kent)
-Superman x-rays Batman's cowl, but still does not know who Bruce Wayne is (figures it out later)
-Batman and Supes hunt down who is providing the guns to Intergang
-Battles more Intergang weapons, they don't like each other, but the know they need each other

Closing:
-Batman/Supes find the real bad guys
-Bad guys are Darksied Minion: Desaad and Kalibak (Save "Granny Goodness" and one/all of her "Female Furies" for Wonder Woman in the JL Movies)
-Batman has to outsmart Desaad
-Superman has big battle with Kalibak (to beat him he has to use his muscle and information Bats has discovered from his detective work on Dasaad)
-Supes beats Kalibak who retreats (using a BOOM Tube) after he is humiliated by Superman.

-Batman contacts Superman and tells him that they are going to need more help to battle the forces that will be coming from Darkseid (Batman used Government computer to hack codes they he stole from Dasaad to figure out that Desaad and Kalibak were here only to test/weaken the Earths defensive...and test/kill Superman)

After Closing Credits
-Or...After the big fight, Orion appears by a BOOM Tube and scares Superman, but Orion tells Superman/Batman that they need more help if they are to survive the Apocalypse that is to come.

-Or...Shows Kalibak before a very disappointed/angry Darkseid that he failed his mission...hear Kalibak's voice scream as beams come out of Darksied's eyes.

1 or 2 years after World's Finest, JL Movie comes out.
-But, the Darkseid Saga is so huge it is two movies that are filmed at the same time (DC has to go big here)
-First movie has JL come together, then battle more of Darkseid Minions (Orion could be apart of the battle, supporting the almost overmatched JL)
(At the end, they could pull the Superman is captured and turned to the Darkseid)
-2nd Movie has the JL battle Darkseid's invation force and then Darksied himself
(Supes could be the one leading Darkseid's Force)
(Superman is turned back to the light by Batman, and then Supes is really ticked so he battles Darkseid)

***The next Superman movie is him trying to earn back the trust of the Earth, but Lex is not having it because he does not trust the "Alien". Lex is completely in the background pulling the strings.

I know that this pulls from many different Superman/JLA story lines, but there is a wealth of info to pull from.
-DC has to go big to pull this off.
-This CANNOT be just some story pulled together to make money, it has to be an epic event.
Get your ass out to Hollywood and make these movie(s). NOW!!
Old 07-21-13, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Agreed.
Old 07-21-13, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I like the guy but he'd make a terrible Batman. Maybe Nolan can put in a good word for Guy Pearce? Just have him get ripped like he was in Lockout.

I love Guy Pearce, but he's too short to play Batman. He's like 5"1 - 5"4. That won't cut it unless they do a bunch of forced perspective shots with the camera like LOTR and The Hobbit. That'd be a pain in the ass. I can see why George Miller had cast Armie Hammer in his JLA flick. Hammer is 6"5.
Old 07-21-13, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I love Guy Pearce, but he's too short to play Batman. He's like 5"1 - 5"4. That won't cut it unless they do a bunch of forced perspective shots with the camera like LOTR and The Hobbit. That'd be a pain in the ass. I can see why George Miller had cast Armie Hammer in his JLA flick. Hammer is 6"5.
Guy Pearce is 5' 10¼". Christian Bale was 6'.
Old 07-21-13, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Guy Pearce is 5' 10¼". Christian Bale was 6'.
Then they haven't been doing a lot of favors in framing him properly. Check out Memento. He's as petite as Carrie-Ann Moss.
Old 07-21-13, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Then they haven't been doing a lot of favors in framing him properly. Check out Memento. He's as petite as Carrie-Ann Moss.
Carrie-Anne Moss is 5' 8½".
Old 07-21-13, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Carrie-Anne Moss is 5' 8½".
Then they've been getting shafted in the height department for years. Moss always looks like shes no taller than 5"6.

Someone is either lying or they've been using forced perspective photography to make them look smaller for years now.

I'll stick to my earlier choices: Fassbender or Luke Evans.
Old 07-21-13, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Someone said that Karl Urban is so and so, he doesn't make hits but it's not his fault.

Anyways I like to change my answer from Fassbender playing batman to Mickey Rourke.

Mickey Rourke was amazing in The Wrestler and is known to make very good comebacks on screen. I'm sure he will make a great Batman in MOS 2.

They would just have to tell him not to smile because then audiences might mistaken him for The Joker.
Old 07-21-13, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Then they've been getting shafted in the height department for years. Moss always looks like shes no taller than 5"6.

Someone is either lying or they've been using forced perspective photography to make them look smaller for years now.

I'll stick to my earlier choices: Fassbender or Luke Evans.
No worries. Recently I was shocked to find out Keanu Reeves is 6' 1¼". He never looked it until he had that final fight against Tiger Chen in Man Of Tai Chi.
Old 07-21-13, 03:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throughout the decades, even in the 90's, WW has been doing/saying random sexist bullshit: http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/04/09/wo...exist-moments/
In that link there are only two modern day examples. One in the 70s, which barely counts as modern comics, and the 90s example is set during that awful period when Wonder Woman worked at a fast food restaurant named Taco Whiz. The whole Taco Whiz era is best left ignored because it was just bad.

Every other example in that link is from the 40s, 50s, and 60s.

I really loved Under the Red Hood. It was much much better than the comic book storyarc it was based upon. The whole Superboy Prime punching reality so hard he brought Jason back to life was the dumbest thing ever. The very last scene with young Jason as newbie Robin saying its the best day of his life makes me sad. I also love that movie because its the one and only time Jason has ever been used outside the comic medium itself. The one thing I didn't like about Bruce Timm's DCAU is that it completely skipped over Jason and went straight to Tim.

It won't be called World's Finest. That name hasn't been used to mean Superman/Batman team-ups since the early 80s. The modern day comic is just called simply Superman/Batman. The modern day World's Finest comic is actually set on the Earth-2 alternate universe featuring Huntress and Power Girl.
Old 07-21-13, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The damn WiFi at work blocks almost everything, I'm cut off, I'm always the last to hear about these things . So what about the right issues that arose between Legendary and WB? Are those solved?

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 07-21-13 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-21-13, 06:34 AM
Suspended

Old 07-21-13, 09:16 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

David Boreanaz....but he might be too old.
Old 07-21-13, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoever is making this should be forced to watch Worlds Finest every day for the next month.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Pe_Y5bX61D8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.