Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Pacific Rim (del Toro, 2013) — The Reviews Thread

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Pacific Rim (del Toro, 2013) — The Reviews Thread
17.99%
12.95%
30.22%
15.83%
8.63%
2.16%
4.32%
0.72%
0.72%
0%
1.44%
Pacific Rimjob!
2.88%
Doesn't matter how much we liked it, Grown Ups 2 is what the masses want to see! (Dr. DVD)
2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Pacific Rim (del Toro, 2013) — The Reviews Thread

Old 07-16-13, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Pacific Rim (del Toro, 2013) — The Reviews Thread

Yeah. Young Mako was perfect for what she had to do. Man, I love that whole part of her. Crab like Kaiju fucking up a Japanese city. Love the colors that GDT uses for his films. This one was almost an overload on it. He really loves that autumn yellow of his.
Old 07-16-13, 09:36 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to love this, but it just didn't happen. I sort of hated the pacing of the overall story... I felt like I was watching the third part of a trilogy having missed the first two. The stories/films I wanted to see were glossed over in the opening "previously on Pacific Rim" recap.
Spoiler:
Monsters invade Earth -- awesome! They destroy stuff! We build mechs to beat them! End of film one. Complacent in our dominance over the monsters, they attack again, only stronger! We put up a good fight, but they kick our asses. We're doomed! End the mech program, build a wall? End of film two.
They threw me into a world I didn't care about, and none of the characters did anything to draw me in. The battles were fun and the robot/creature designs were amazing, but without any real connection to the story I never got fully engaged in the film. I liked it, but it could have been so much more.

As a side note, I just don't think I'm as into Del Toro as a lot of others are. I really enjoyed the Hellboy films, and Pan's Labyrinth was good, but I hated Blade II and have never made it all the way through Cronos.
Old 07-16-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
I felt like I was watching the third part of a trilogy having missed the first two. The stories/films I wanted to see were glossed over in the opening "previously on Pacific Rim" recap.
Spoiler:
Monsters invade Earth -- awesome! They destroy stuff! We build mechs to beat them! End of film one. Complacent in our dominance over the monsters, they attack again, only stronger! We put up a good fight, but they kick our asses. We're doomed! End the mech program, build a wall? End of film two.
Fuck that shit!

So many movies these days are made with thoughts of franchising and multiple sequels that we rarely get a complete story with a definitive ending any more. It's like all these movie exist solely to make a sequel out of.

It is so refreshing that Pacific Rim is all one big story, with a solid ending in one film. But if they do need to do a sequel, there enough material for it.
Old 07-16-13, 10:13 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Fuck that shit!

So many movies these days are made with thoughts of franchising and multiple sequels that we rarely get a complete story with a definitive ending any more. It's like all these movie exist solely to make a sequel out of.

It is so refreshing that Pacific Rim is all one big story, with a solid ending in one film. But if they do need to do a sequel, there enough material for it.
There won't be a sequel. But rest assured there will be a fucking "Grown Ups 3."
Old 07-16-13, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts

Watching Rinko Kikuchi Pacific Rim made me want to watch Assault Girls right after on Blu-ray. It's a fun little flick, imo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PqY55EtA9Mw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-16-13, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
All of my childhood dreams just came true....

Arriving halfway through a summer loaded with known franchises and sequels, Pacific Rim is an odd creature. Boasting no major stars, a director know primarily for dark art-house fantasies and off-kilter modestly budget comic-book properties, and a combination of genre known to few outside of geekdom, Pacific Rim stomps into theaters on a $190 million dollar budget. Guillermo del Toro's loving valentine to the mecha anime and kaiju eiga tokusatsu of his youth, Pacific Rim is a fanboy fever dream creature-feature. The film is knowingly silly, full of telegraphed plot points and obvious but chewy dialogue, and like many "genre filmmakers," words are not del Toro's strongest suit, giving the film a much stronger sense of ideas underpinning than ultimately displayed in the actual narrative in execution. The film isn't brainless, but many of its ideas are either articulated too directly through rather blunt dialogue or tossed somewhere in the post-modern blender mix that the film winds up being. But whereas many post-Nolan blockbusters aim for dark and dour, Pacific Rim's greatest strength is its gleeful, childlike exuberance. It's just so damn much fun.

The narrative revolves around Kaiju, a series of giant monsters that would make Eiji Tsubraurya gleefully proud, rising out a of a rift in the pacific ocean. Mankind pours all of its resources into destroying them through traditionally military means before realizing that another approach is required: the Jaegers, gigantic mecha-style robots somewhere between the anime mecha of the Gundam anime franchises and the towering tokusatsu that populate many Super Sentai series. Piloted by two humans who work in tandem via a psycic link known as "the Drift," they're not sleek and agile, but del Toro's visionary eye gives them great weight and personality. Mankind, like in many an Ishiro Honda tokusatsu classic, puts aside their differences to face a common foe, and del Toro's cast of characters, however archetypical, have a nicely international flavor. As the attacks worsen and funding for the Jaegers is pulled, a washed-up mecha pilot (Charlie Hunnam), a badass military commander (Idris Elba), a pair of nerdy scientists (Charlie Day, who bears an uncanny resemblance to J.J. Abrams, and Burn Gorman), a black-market monster organs dealer (a hilariously flamboyant Ron Peralman), a Japanese pilot (Rinko Kikuchi), and a handful of other motley characters make their last stand.

Pacific Rim boasts way more style than substance, and those looking for the rich political underpinning of del Toro's best films like Pan's Labyrinth or The Devil's Backbone may be disappointed. The film boasts many interesting ideas and themes-mankind uniting for a common cause, the Drift's obvious symbolic value of the necessity of cooperation for mankind, but they're shuffled within the mix of its narrative. The plot beats are all out of a screenwriting handbook, and most of the character moments, in spite of strong performances by the actors, feel wrote rather than felt. But if it is style over substance, what style it is! Whereas Michael Bay's Transformers films managed to mangle 30 years of mythology and merely confuse audiences with their poorly-designed robots and the director's hyperactive camera and amphetamine editing, del Toro's have a rich sense of scale. The designs, culled from a variety of sources, have a great sense of physical weight, richly detailed monsters, and model-kit ready bulky robots, full of del Toro's loving clockwork detail. The human pilots make the Jaegers feel very alive, del Toro's obsessive sense of detail giving them personalities all their own.

Pacific Rim feels, even at 132 minutes, like there's way more to explore. The film's world is so rich, many ideas are frustratingly unexplored, or glossed over-the possible social commentary in the jobs (and dangers thereof) created by the building of the Jaegers and the walls. The film's central theme of mankind internationally uniting in the face of crisis, harkening back to many Ishirō Honda classics like Gorath, the black market for kaiju organs, the day-to-day lives of the characters living in fear. The film winds up slightly pitched between del Toro's own personal and political fascinations and visual aesthic approaches and its commercial need. The film by no means feels impersonal, but as a work-for-hire project, del Toro is forced to concede the needs of blockbuster filmmaking. The film is a massive post-modern pastiche, firstly recalling past films, such kaiju classics as Godzilla, Rodan. del Toro's signature blend of highbrow visual art like his cited influence of Hokusai's The Great Wave off Kanagawa & Francisco Goya's The Colossus, pulp like the clean lines of Jack Kirby, the rough edges and fervent kineticism of man manga and anime, and of course the great robots that populate so many tokusatsu classics like Giant Robo and Super Sentai. Put them all in a blender, and hit "liquefy." Some of it works, some of it doesn't but the film feels like the work of an artist, sometimes silly and unconcerned with Hollywood realism,but always director's uniquely poetic eye and sense of explosive imaginatiion.

But if the dialogue is clunky, the sheer vision is positively breathtaking. The performances are all pitch-perfect, giving the film a nice sense of character to go with the spectacle. I for one would've liked to have seen more the Russian and Chinese Jeagers. But the film feels positively like opera in places, a rich 7.1 surround sound track giving every blow the feel of sonic booms. The film's many elements generally always work in tandem, when they do, the film evokes the perfect blend of childlike wonder, awe, glee, pathos, and emotion. Some plot beats are pretty familiar, and seem more wrote than felt, but the actors do their best with them, and they go a long way towards selling the film's fantastic world. The film's many smackdowns between the kaiju and the Jagers are exhilarating, del Toro's grasp of scale with canted low angles, interactions with the environment, and an almost mythic sense of awe. And that's Pacific Rim's greatest achievement, that it evokes the childlike sense of fun many youngsters found in these monster movies in the first place, a window into imaginative, fantastic worlds found on late-night movies and beat-up VHS tapes. Whatever its flaws, the film is so damn much fun, it's hard to resist. It isn't doing the business that WB and Legendary hoped in theaters, but like many of del Toro's films, hopefully it will do its best business on video. It has cult favorite written all over it. You're hearing the word "kaiju" in a $190 million summer blockbuster fanboys. Sit back, and have the time of your life. Clearly, del Toro sure is. And stick around after the credits for a brief text tribute to monster-masters Ishirō Honda and Ray Harryhausen. You sense the masters would approve.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 07-31-13 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-16-13, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: All of my childhood dreams just came true....

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
Arriving halfway through a summer loaded with known franchises and sequels, Pacific Rim is an odd creature. Boasting no major stars, a director know primarily for dark art-house fantasies and off-kilter modestly budget comic-book properties, and a combination of genre known to few outside of geekdom, Pacific Rim stomps into theaters on a $190 million dollar budget. Guillermo del Toro's loving valentine to the mecha anime and kaiju eiga tokusatsu of his youth, Pacific Rim is a fanboy fever dream creature-feature.

The narrative revolves around Kaiju, a series of giant monsters that would make Eiji Tsubraurya gleefully proud, rising out a of a rift in the pacific ocean. Mankind pours all of its resources into destroying them through traditionally military means before realizing that another approach is required: the Jagers, gigantic mecha-styled robots. As the attacks worsen, a washed-up mecha pilot (Charlie Hunnam), a badass military commander (Idris Elba), a pair of nerdy scientists (Charlie Day, who bears an uncanny resemblance to J.J. Abrams, and Burn Gorman), a black-market monster organs dealer (a hilarious Ron Peralman), a Japanese pilot (Rinko Kikuchi), and a handful of other motley characters make their last stand.

Pacific Rim boasts way more style than substance, and those looking for the rich political underpinning of del Toro's best films like Pan's Labyrinth or The Devil's Backbone may be disappointed. But what style it is! Whereas Michael Bay's Transformers films managed to mangle 30 years of mythology and merely confuse audiences with their poorly-designed robots and the director's hyperactive camera and amphetamine editing, del Toro's have a rich sense of scale. The designs, culled from a variety of sources, have a great sense of physical weight, richly detailed monsters, and model-kit ready bulky robots, full of del Toro's loving clockwork detail.

Pacific Rim feels, even at 132 minutes, like there's way more to explore. The film's world is so rich, many ideas are frustratingly unexplored, or glossed over-the possible social commentary in the jobs (and dangers thereof) created by the building of the Jagers and the walls. The film's central theme of mankind internationally uniting in the face of crisis, harkening back to many Ishirō Honda classics like Gorath, the black market for kaiju organs, the day-to-day lives of the characters living in fear. The film winds up slightly pitched between del Toro's own personal and political fascinations and visual aesthic approaches and its commercial need. The film by no means feels impersonal, but as a work-for-hire project, del Toro is forced to concede the needs of blockbuster filmmaking.

Generally, though, he rises to the challenge marvelously. The performances are all pitch-perfect, giving the film a nice sense of character to go with the spectacle. I for one would've liked to have seen more the Russian and Chinese Jeagers. But the film feels positively like opera in places, a rich 7.1 surround sound track giving every blow the feel of sonic booms. The film's many elements generally cohere pretty well, and even if they don't always work in tandem, when they do, the film evokes the perfect blend of childlike wonder, awe, glee, pathos, and emotion. Some plot beats are pretty familiar, and seem more wrote than felt, but the actors do their best with them, and they go a long way towards selling the film's fantastic world. The film's many smackdowns between the kaiju and the Jagers are exhilarating, del Toro's grasp of scale with canted low angles, interactions with the environment, and an almost mythic sense of awe, del Toro's trademark blend of highbrow art like Goya and pulp like Jack Kirby and Eiji Tsuburaya. And that's Pacific Rim's greatest achievement, that it evokes the childlike sense of fun many youngsters found in these monster movies in the first place, a window into imaginative, fantastic worlds found on late-night movies and beat-up VHS tapes. Whatever its flaws, the film is so damn much fun, it's hard to resist. It isn't doing the business that WB and Legendary hoped in theaters, but like many of del Toro's films, hopefully it will do its best business on video. It has cult favorite written all over it. You're hearing the word "kaiju" in a $190 million summer blockbuster fanboys. Sit back, and have the time of your life. Clearly, del Toro sure is. And stick around after the credits for a brief text tribute to monster-masters Ishirō Honda and Ray Harryhausen. You sense the masters would approve.
I didn't get the sense of fun out of it you did, nor did I find it exhilarating the way I did TRANSFORMERS 1 & 3. I found it dreary in many parts and ultimately quite disturbing in its hellish scenes of the breach. And somewhat depressing given how lifeless most of the human characters were. Other than Mako Mori--and only because of her childhood flashbacks--I didn't feel anything for anybody. What were they defending? What human society was there worth defending? That BLADE RUNNER-style Hong Kong overrun by human vermin like Ron Perlman's character and his henchmen?

After seeing this on Friday, I felt I had to go back to what I love about the genre, so, over the weekend I watched GODZILLA: TOKYO SOS, arguably the best G-film of the 21st century; SPACE AMOEBA (aka YOG, MONSTER FROM SPACE); SUPER INFRAMAN, an excellent Hong Kong take on Ultraman; episodes of the original "Ultraman" itself; two installments of the "M.D. Geist" mecha anime; and episodes of "Power Rangers Time Force," arguably the best PR season of them all. That got my mood back up.
Old 07-16-13, 12:06 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Fuck that shit!

It had a definitive ending, but I wouldn't call it a complete film. The first act was twenty minutes at best. All but 4 characters (I'm probably being generous) are paper thin. But different strokes for different folks. It's still entertaining, and I will probably see it again at theaters before it leaves too soon.
Old 07-16-13, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I didn't get the sense of fun out of it you did, nor did I find it exhilarating the way I did TRANSFORMERS 1 & 3. I found it dreary in many parts and ultimately quite disturbing in its hellish scenes of the breach. And somewhat depressing given how lifeless most of the human characters were. Other than Mako Mori--and only because of her childhood flashbacks--I didn't feel anything for anybody. What were they defending? What human society was there worth defending? That BLADE RUNNER-style Hong Kong overrun by human vermin like Ron Perlman's character and his henchmen?

After seeing this on Friday, I felt I had to go back to what I love about the genre, so, over the weekend I watched GODZILLA: TOKYO SOS, arguably the best G-film of the 21st century; SPACE AMOEBA (aka YOG, MONSTER FROM SPACE); SUPER INFRAMAN, an excellent Hong Kong take on Ultraman; episodes of the original "Ultraman" itself; two installments of the "M.D. Geist" mecha anime; and episodes of "Power Rangers Time Force," arguably the best PR season of them all. That got my mood back up.
Jesus, Ash. Man the fuck up and quit acting like a little bitch. Lol.
Old 07-16-13, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Okay, son.
Old 07-16-13, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much my exact reaction as I read through his vaginal discharge masquerading as insightful typeface.
Old 07-16-13, 03:39 PM

Take your own advice.
Old 07-16-13, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by van der graaf
Pretty much my exact reaction as I read through his vaginal discharge masquerading as insightful typeface.
Old 07-16-13, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Fuck that shit!

AMEN. Getting sick of enduring OK movies because "they're setting up the sequel." Sick of trilogies and stretching things out. I really liked how self-contained this was.
Old 07-16-13, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

You know, the more I think about PR, the dumber it gets and the less i like it.

Certainly not Prometheus level idiocy, but more like bland/cliched characterizations. Outside of the spectacle, there's nothing in the movie for me to invest in.
Old 07-16-13, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, that was two hours of noise. Between this and Man of Steel, I think that I have reached my threshold with listening to glass windows break.
Old 07-16-13, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
No you won't. You can front all you want but we know damn well you're gonna buy within 2 weeks of release.
Uhhh, nope.
Old 07-16-13, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Well, that was two hours of noise. Between this and Man of Steel, I think that I have reached my threshold with listening to glass windows break.
Maybe make sure your next movie experience has windows made out of some other substance besides glass...
Old 07-16-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No, I don't need to get laid at all...

Originally Posted by The Antipodean
AMEN. Getting sick of enduring OK movies because "they're setting up the sequel." Sick of trilogies and stretching things out. I really liked how self-contained this was.
Yeah, it has a clear beginning, middle, and end, and delivers what it promises.

Certainly not Prometheus level idiocy, but more like bland/cliched characterizations. Outside of the spectacle, there's nothing in the movie for me to invest in.
I don't agree, actually my uncle grumbled at one point "Get to the monsters!" The film's whole first half is interested in some character development. Nothing Shakespearean by any stretch, and some of it is by-the-numbers, but you get to know the characters, and the world to some extent. Plus, Prometheus had all of the hype and its pseudo profundities. This just felt like good, old-fashioned fun. Obviously, the financial reception it received mean we're never getting a director's cut or anything, but I'll be there opening day for the Blu-Ray for my brand new player.

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I didn't get the sense of fun out of it you did, nor did I find it exhilarating the way I did TRANSFORMERS 1 & 3.
The Transformers movies were the opposite of exhilarating to me, they grew exhausting, I quickly became unable to discern which of the intricately-detailed but somehow indistinguishable robots were, nor did I frankly care. del Toro has a proper love for the genre, I didn't feel like Bay gave a damn about the fandom or the franchise mythology. Though the sheer awesomeness of having Cullen back as Prime was fun, I eventually got tired of the camera's endless leering up women's skirts and fetishistic of every piece of military hardware and the near nonstop screaming tone and frenetic editing. But they made $2 billion worldwide, so clearly I'm in the minority.

What were they defending? What human society was there worth defending? That BLADE RUNNER-style Hong Kong overrun by human vermin like Ron Perlman's character and his henchmen?
I kind of like the notion that the whole world has been changed by the kaiju attacks and seeing the way the whole society has been restructured by it.

After seeing this on Friday, I felt I had to go back to what I love about the genre, so, over the weekend I watched GODZILLA: TOKYO SOS, arguably the best G-film of the 21st century
I've hardly seen any of the Millennium Series G-films. I have to catch up!

SPACE AMOEBA (aka YOG, MONSTER FROM SPACE)
Is the AIP dub on the US DVD? The AIP dubs are nostalgic staple for many fans, and the one for that, Sea Monster, Son of Godzilla, and others seem to have disappeared. Is it a rights issue? Are they on DVD anywhere?

SUPER INFRAMAN, an excellent Hong Kong take on Ultraman
LOL,that movie is about as much fun as you can have, it's basically Ultraman with the special effects budget entirely redirected to the fight scenes. It's almost as much fun as the original 1986 The Transformers: The Movie.

episodes of the original "Ultraman" itself
Did Tsuburaya ever get back the US distribution rights?

two installments of the "M.D. Geist" mecha anime
Wasn't that controversially ultraviolent, or was that one of the other 90s anime with a similar titles?

and episodes of "Power Rangers Time Force," arguably the best PR season of them all. That got my mood back up.
No way, I think Power Rangers in Space is the franchise's finest hour, along with of "Forever Red" and "Reinforcements From the Future," and "To the Tenth Power," "Countdown to Destruction" ranks as one of the all-time best episodes in the series history. And Power Rangers Lost Galaxy pretty ingeniously crowbars a nature-themed Sentai into a space-themed adapt. Most of the time, anyway. And the Magna Defender is right up there with the Quantum Ranger as an awesome anti-hero, though Southworth's martial arts are tops.
Old 07-16-13, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just got back from this. what a fucking blast. just a great summer blockbuster. minor flaws but no major complaints. loved it. 4/5
Old 07-16-13, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: No, I don't need to get laid at all...

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113

#1: Is the AIP dub on the US DVD? The AIP dubs are nostalgic staple for many fans, and the one for that, Sea Monster, Son of Godzilla, and others seem to have disappeared. Is it a rights issue? Are they on DVD anywhere?

#2: Wasn't that controversially ultraviolent, or was that one of the other 90s anime with a similar titles?

#3: No way, I think Power Rangers in Space is the franchise's finest hour

#1: No, the AIP dub for SPACE AMOEBA is not on the Tokyo Shock DVD. The dub included is the Toho "International" dub done by, I believe, an Australian crew.

#2: "M.D. Geist" is definitely ultraviolent, although I'm not aware of any controversy about it (or I simply don't recall it if there was one).

#3: "Power Rangers in Space" was awesome also. Great cast, esp. Patricia Ja Lee as Cassie, the Pink Ranger. And I loved Lost Galaxy's 3-part finale, titled "Journey's End."
Old 07-17-13, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't particularly care for this movie. The action / visuals were good and all, but the story / characters did not intrigue me.

One item I am wondering about that perhaps went over my head:

Spoiler:
They mention how the monsters are adapting to the robots. Do we ever really do anything extraordinary to upgrade our game against them? It seems like the only thing that happened was just a new, perhaps more compatible team was formed?
Old 07-17-13, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by gp1086

Spoiler:
They mention how the monsters are adapting to the robots. Do we ever really do anything extraordinary to upgrade our game against them? It seems like the only thing that happened was just a new, perhaps more compatible team was formed?
Short answer, no. Long answer...
Spoiler:
The Jaeger program had long since been cancelled. The only funding Stacker was receiving was for a few months to restore old broken Jaeger and receive one brand new Jaeger, Striker Eureka (the first and only Mark-5 Jaeger ever built), from Australia. All the money was being syphoned into the construction of the Wall. About the only innovation was the chain sword that Mako had added to Gipsy Danger when she oversaw its restoration.

And before you ask, the reason Raleigh didn't automatically know about the swords is because, even though you share memories in a drift, you don't ever focus on them. If you focus on any memories you fall out of alignment. That occurred in the movie when Raleigh was reminiscing about his brother's demise which then resulted in Mako falling out of alignment and becoming lost in her own memories.

Although memories are shared, it's to create an instinctual synchronicity between Rangers piloting a single Jaeger.
Old 07-17-13, 09:29 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

did anyone else get the 13.5 inch poster? I want to frame it, but can't find 13.5x19.5 frames. Anyone have any luck?
Old 07-17-13, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Why in the world was an American...Max Martini from The Unit, cast as an Aussie?

Plus, Martini is only 43. He looked way too young to play the father of Chuck. Robert Kazinsky is 30.

Was Anthony LaPaglia, who is an Aussie and 54 years old (and a much better actor than Martini), not available?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.