Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Taken 3 (D: Megaton) S: Neeson, Grace, Janssen, Whitaker

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Taken 3 (D: Megaton) S: Neeson, Grace, Janssen, Whitaker

Old 06-24-13, 10:34 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Taken 3 (S: Neeson)

Taken 3?

Old 06-24-13, 10:43 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

^^^
Old 06-25-13, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This man sure does not know how to keep his family from getting kidnapped.
Old 06-25-13, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Taken 3: Holy Matrimony
Old 06-25-13, 11:29 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Well, since the daughter and mother have already been taken, the next logical step would be Maggie Grace getting pregnant and the baby subsequently...taken...from the hospital forcing grandpa Mills to exasperatingly exclaim he's getting too old for this shit before going on the hunt.

Last edited by HN; 06-25-13 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-25-13, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Or it could just be about his daughter's virginity being taken and Brian goes on a rampage because she's also knocked up and her boyfriend doesn't want to acknowledge the kid is his. Oh and it's a prequel and Maggie Grace is playing a 12-year-old.
Old 06-25-13, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Taken: Yer Money a 3rd Time
Old 06-25-13, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts

I'm just hoping they actually tie Neeson to a pipe that isn't somewhat or completely broken. That way his character can't get away and there will be no Taken 4: Granted.
Old 06-25-13, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lara Means
Taken 2 was horrible. Will Maggie Grace's virginity be taken this time?

"Too late!"
Old 06-25-13, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rob V
I'm just hoping they actually tie Neeson to a pipe that isn't somewhat or completely broken. That way his character can't get away and there will be no Taken 4: Granted.
Actually, now I want the third film to be successful so we can get a fourth one with that title you just came up with.
Old 06-25-13, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Taken 3, yet no A-Team 2.
Old 06-26-13, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Taken 3, yet no A-Team 2.
I would love an A-Team 2 but apparently even including the BD sales the first movie didn't make enough to warrant a sequel.
Old 06-26-13, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Well at the end of part 2 it seemed like they left it open for the third in regards to Maggie Grace's Boyfriend
Spoiler:
Was the son of the guy Liam Neeson killed in Taken 2
Old 06-26-13, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 284 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by atrium
Am I in the minority that thought the first one sucked? It was a completely unmemorable summer flick to me.

I don't see why an action movie has to have dumbed down plot & dialogue to be appealing to the masses.
Yes, you are in the minority. But happy to be there with you. I hated the first one. Just shook my head the whole time at the horrible writing and acting.
Old 06-27-13, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
Well at the end of part 2 it seemed like they left it open for the third in regards to Maggie Grace's Boyfriend
Spoiler:
Was the son of the guy Liam Neeson killed in Taken 2
Hmmm... I didn't catch that little fact. I just couldn't get past having Maggie Grace play a 16 year old randomly throwing grenades around town and Neeson triangulating his location based on that.
Old 06-27-13, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Are you kidding? There's a great reason.

http://www.newsmax.com/thewire/liam-...6/25/id/511893

Liam Nee$on Joining Elite, Getting $20 Million Paycheck for 'Taken 3'

Action star Liam Neeson is joining an exclusive $20 million club of A-list actors who command top dollar as he negotiates his contract for a "Taken 3" movie.

Although Neeson initially dismissed the possibility of a third movie, saying “That’s just bad parenting,” the film is indeed in the works and the 61-year-old actor will reportedly be paid in the neighborhood of $20 million for his particular set of skills, Deadline Hollywood reports.

Playing a father and former CIA operative, Neeson's role in the “Taken” movies catapulted him to much-quoted fame and the top of the Hollywood pay scale.

Other actors in that exclusive club are Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, and Mel Gibson, reported Yahoo’s Movie Talk. There are a few earning more, though, including Brad Pitt, Robert Downey Jr., Kristen Stewart, and Johnny Depp.

The first “Taken” movie cost $25 million to make and grossed more than $226 million; “Taken 2” raked in even more, costing $45 million and grossing more than $376 million.

Although Neeson waved off the idea of a "Taken 3" when interviewed by a Dublin radio station, many in the movie industry thought it was a sure thing because of the high earnings generated by the first two movies.

Neeson’s success has come later in life, but he’s been on a strong trajectory in the action world in recent years. He was nominated for an Oscar for “Schindler’s List,” and moved on to “Taken” in 2009, “The A-Team” and “The Grey.”

“Liam is a true movie star, there are not a lot of them left,” said Tom Ortenberg, CEO of Open Road Films, according to the New York Daily News. “Older women want to marry him, younger women want him to be their dad and men want to be just like him.”
Old 06-27-13, 08:27 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Enjoyed the first, thought the second was barely average. We do not need a third.
Old 06-27-13, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have a problem with this actually. The first Taken was one of my favorite pure action movies(easily top ten all time for me). The second one was nowhere near as entertaining, but I still enjoyed it on a dumb movie level. Liam just has that same charisma that people like Tom Cruise and The Rock have were he elevates everything he's in to a higher level.
So I have no problems with a Taken 3, however I would like to see them go back to the more gritty nature of the first. And for pete's sake, give his old team something more to do!
Old 06-27-13, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

I don't care, as long as Liam Neeson gets that badass pay day. I don't know why but I really like seeing that guy pull this off at 61.

Taken (2008) - According to Liam Neeson, he agreed to take this role because he believed that the film was going to be a straight-to-DVD release.

What's funny about that is I saw the movie on blu-ray about 6 months before the US release (it was released 11 months earlier in France), so I also assumed it was going to be straight-to-video. After watching and really enjoying the movie, I wasn't surprised when it eventually came out and did really well.

Taken - $145m gross (domestic) / $226m worldwide.
Old 07-04-13, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I went ahead and rented Taken 2 today. Add me to the minority that enjoyed it. I was worried at first when Olivier Megaton used the Unholy Trinity (excessively tight shots, shaky cam, and machinegun edits) to bungle the first hand to hand sequence as much as possible but overall the film was enjoyable and flew by at a quick pace. And the final fight was actually lots of fun. Overall, it was not perfect but enjoyable.

So, bring on the third.
Old 07-05-13, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I went ahead and rented Taken 2 today. Add me to the minority that enjoyed it. I was worried at first when Olivier Megaton used the Unholy Trinity (excessively tight shots, shaky cam, and machinegun edits) to bungle the first hand to hand sequence as much as possible but overall the film was enjoyable and flew by at a quick pace. And the final fight was actually lots of fun. Overall, it was not perfect but enjoyable.

So, bring on the third.
Yeah really I don't understand all the hate that Taken 2 gets. It's not a masterpiece of a movie or anything but neither was Taken. They both work as what they're meant to be, just fun action movies with Liam Neeson kicking ass. They're not trying to be anything more than that.
Old 07-05-13, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got Taken 2 one weekend with a free rental coupon from Red Box because there was nothing else, and I didn't hate it either. I was expecting it to blow on Live Free or Die Hard levels, but I found myself enjoying it. It was so absurd (moreso than the first one), that it was hard to really dislike it.

I'd probably go as far to say it has more replay than the first one for me, now.

Still don't think we need a third, though.
Old 07-05-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmac
I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked the 1st one and think the 2nd one was a decent sequel (I thought the reversed plot where it was him and the ex-wife taken, instead of their daughter, was a good twist on the original premise). These aren't great movies but they are what they are: entertaining thrillers.

I don't think there is a need for a third one, but Liam Neeson is so good in these type roles, I'd watch it too just because he's in it.
I was traveling on business, had nothing to do but sit in a hotel room so I went to see Taken 2. It really wasn't that bad. It wasn't great but it was a decent 90 minutes. Part of it was it was my first experience at one of the theaters that has a restaurant right in it. They serve food and drinks at the seats.
Old 01-29-14, 01:50 PM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Olivier Megaton will be back in the director’s chair for Taken 3, the latest film in the action franchise hatched by Luc Besson‘s EuropaCorp. Megaton directed the second film in the series that’s been distributed by 20th Century Fox. While it’s likely that Fox will be on Taken 3, I understand negotiations are still underway. This will be Megaton’s next project with a start date I hear could be as early as March. In a new piece of casting, Deadline understands that Forest Whitaker is in talks to join Liam Neeson and other returning actors including Maggie Grace. Neeson stars as Bryan Mills, the retired CIA agent who used his brutal skills to track down his daughter after she was kidnapped in the first film, and who was himself taken hostage in the sequel. Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr reported last summer that Neeson was closing a deal in the vicinity of $20M to reprise his role as Mills. Neeson was a reluctant participant in the first sequel, but got paid in the $15M neighborhood.

The initial Taken cost around $25M and grossed more than $226M with Pierre Morel directing. That film made most of its money domestically. Conversely, the Megaton-directed Taken 2, which cost around $45M and took in more than $376M, grossed about $100M more internationally than it did in North America. As with both of those films, Besson and Robert Mark Kamen wrote the screenplay for Taken 3. Europa will continue pre-sales in Berlin next week. Whitaker is repped by WME, Grace is with UTA and Neeson is at CAA.
Old 01-29-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Taken 3 (D: Megaton) S: Neeson

I wonder what other random homages to Drive will be squeezed into this one.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.