Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

10 Years Since the Year of the Matrix

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

10 Years Since the Year of the Matrix

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-13, 09:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 10 Years Since the Year of the Matrix

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
I think there was a bit of nudity in the bizarre multiracial dance party that went on forever in part 2.
There was the sex scene with Trinity in "Reloaded", and topless women in "Revolutions" during the Club Hel sequences. Monica Bellucci was everything but in the latter film.
Old 05-27-13, 10:06 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I guess you could say that the movie got "rave" reviews.
Old 05-27-13, 10:17 PM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm... well said Groucho.
Old 05-27-13, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

It all went down hill when Mr Smith cloned himself a gazillion times. They even put bowling ball pins sound effects in Matrix II. That was comedy, that's when everything sunk.

Matrix III...the Zion humans in those machines to battle the robots was the coolest and baddest shit I ever seen. But part III should have never existed.

If they going to do a reboot...do part II over and leave Matrix alone because it was done right.
Old 05-27-13, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Read the imdb parent advisory on the movies. Profanity isn't heavy at all. Some sex scenes and references but no nudity.

But yeah, that cave orgy is pretty awkward. I liked the music (Fluke - Zion) though.

The Matrix sequels had some GREAT action and fight scenes that still hold up well today. I think there were some interesting characters like the Asian bodyguard and the Architect, but stuff at Zion was boring. And WTF was the point of the little Indian girl?
Old 05-27-13, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ranger
Read the imdb parent advisory on the movies. Profanity isn't heavy at all. Some sex scenes and references but no nudity.
Somebody wasn't paying close attention, because I counted at least 15 uses of God's name combined with "damn" in the first hour of "Revolutions" alone. There's simply no just reason for that kind of thing.
Old 05-27-13, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic
Matrix III...the Zion humans in those machines to battle the robots was the coolest and baddest shit I ever seen.
That was some nice action, but it felt like it was in the wrong movie. I wanted more of The Matrix, not Mech Warrior.
Old 05-27-13, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4
Somebody wasn't paying close attention, because I counted at least 15 uses of God's name combined with "damn" in the first hour of "Revolutions" alone. There's simply no just reason for that kind of thing.
OK, I understand, but it's PG-13 level profanity.
Old 05-27-13, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-27-13, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Have you ever seen The Exorcist?
Old 05-27-13, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Without opening a big can of worms I'll say that this is a non-issue for the overwhelming majority of moviegoers.
Old 05-27-13, 10:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ranger
OK, I understand, but it's PG-13 level profanity.
Not to me, and apparently, lots of level-headed parents agreed.

Originally Posted by inri222
Have you ever seen The Exorcist?
No, and I don't intend to.
Old 05-27-13, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
I think there was a bit of nudity in the bizarre multiracial dance party that went on forever in part 2.
There's also a brief lesbian titty flash in the fetish dance club in Revolutions.

Also: I'd also like to point out that The Fast and the Furious has now made a longer spanning and (possibly) higher grossing legacy in Hollywood than the Matrix Trilogy. I'll let that sink in: 3 Matrix movies in the span of 4 years, and 6 Fast and the Furious movies in the course of 12. The Fast and the Furious is still going strong while The Matrix is a distant memory.

Who could see that coming in the year, 2001?

Last edited by PatD; 05-27-13 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-27-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not to me, and apparently, lots of level-headed parents agreed.
The MPAA only cited the language in part 1, and these films are obviously not for children anyways so I'm not sure what the point is.
Old 05-27-13, 10:53 PM
Banned

I just feel that in most cases, foul language isn't necessary to make a worthwhile film. So many people would watch more movies if less crude content were in them as a whole.
Old 05-27-13, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When I think of films with foul language, I think of Scarface or Goodfellas, not The Matrix films.
Old 05-27-13, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the story behind all three films, but the content issues really bothered me, especially the nudity and increased language in the sequels. The violence wasn't very bloody at all in any of them, so I was cool with it.
For someone who seems to be sensitive in regards to violence in movies, I find it a bit ironic for this to be featured in your signature...

Old 05-27-13, 11:15 PM
Banned

My signature refers in part to the Second Amendment, which guarantees every legal American citizen the right to have weapons for defensive purposes. I'm against any person or organization that seeks to override that. When it comes to entertainment, arbitrary depictions of blood and gore aren't necessary.
Old 05-27-13, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My signature refers in part to the Second Amendment, which guarantees every legal American citizen the right to have weapons for defensive purposes. I'm against any person or organization that seeks to override that. When it comes to entertainment, arbitrary depictions of blood and gore aren't necessary.

Well, I'm against any person or organization that decides what is an arbitrary depiction of blood and gore.
Old 05-27-13, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PatD
Also: I'd also like to point out that The Fast and the Furious has now made a longer spanning and (possibly) higher grossing legacy in Hollywood than the Matrix Trilogy. I'll let that sink in: 3 Matrix movies in the span of 4 years, and 6 Fast and the Furious movies in the course of 12. The Fast and the Furious is still going strong while The Matrix is a distant memory.

Who could see that coming in the year, 2001?
I wouldn't and didn't expect that, but given 2 Fast 2 Furious did relatively well and came out the same year (same month as Reloaded?), I expected another movie. I was more shocked that it had taken 3 years and the end product was the cheesy Tokyo Drift. That signaled the end of the franchise for me, until they turned it around.

Revolutions ended the story the Wachowskis wanted to tell and I never expected anything beyond that.

Besides the 2009 Friday the 13th remake, The Matrix Reloaded is still the only R-rated film I've seen in theaters where they actually had staff checking tickets before letting people in to the individual theater itself to prevent kids from sneaking in. I had always thought that was different.
Old 05-27-13, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

God damn
Old 05-28-13, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cameron Spencer Osborne? ... Was there any smoking in it?
Old 05-28-13, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 278 Likes on 210 Posts

Another disappointing thing for me: I read that there would be a dance sequence in Reloaded.

I thought "Holy shit, Neo will be in a situation where he has to ballroom dance, and he'll bullet time throw Trinity in the air and catch her, do some fancy moves, with these special effects. Nice."

Then the "dance sequence" ends up being that shittastic rave. Keep in mind I'm not a dance fiend, but just reading it and instantly thinking of bullet time dancing, or at least the usage of bullet time in a "normal" situation, not always with beating the shit out of people, and never seeing it...fucking disappointing.
Old 05-28-13, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Another disappointing thing for me: I read that there would be a dance sequence in Reloaded.

I thought "Holy shit, Neo will be in a situation where he has to ballroom dance, and he'll bullet time throw Trinity in the air and catch her, do some fancy moves, with these special effects. Nice."

Then the "dance sequence" ends up being that shittastic rave. Keep in mind I'm not a dance fiend, but just reading it and instantly thinking of bullet time dancing, or at least the usage of bullet time in a "normal" situation, not always with beating the shit out of people, and never seeing it...fucking disappointing.
I wish you hadn't posted that. Now it will always be in my mind that they could have done some amazing bullet/ballet thing instead of that stupid rave.
Old 05-28-13, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just feel that in most cases, foul language isn't necessary to make a worthwhile film. So many people would watch more movies if less crude content were in them as a whole.
Since you don't make motherfucking movies, how the shit do you know what they need?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.