Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

View Poll Results: What did you think of Fast and Furious 6?
It was awesome. Bring on Part 7! 47 61.04%
It was good, not great. Still entertained. 20 25.97%
It was just okay 4 5.19%
Didn't like it. But will continue watching the series 2 2.60%
Hated it. I'm done with the series. Screw Part 7, 8, 9 1 1.30%
I'm in this thread because I'm bored and I read every single thread in Movie Talk 2 2.60%
I'm lazy and will wait until it's released on BD this Fall 1 1.30%
I want to see this movie, but can't because of my damn kids. 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-13, 12:27 AM   #101
bluetoast
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Threa

Oh right, the older brother that gave him advice, etc.
Old 05-31-13, 01:10 AM   #102
TheMovieman
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
Oh right, the older brother that gave him advice, etc.
Yep. Interesting to see how they've changed the series now going into revenge territory for the seventh outing.
Old 05-31-13, 06:38 PM   #103
DJariya
DVD Talk Hero

They never officially said that Statham's name was Ian. However, all the Internet reports about the cameo are saying that his name is Ian Shaw.
Old 06-01-13, 01:28 AM   #104
zekeburger1979
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunde View Post
And I never thought I'd think of The Rock as looking small but that Kim Kold dude is like a real life 1:1 version of The Incredible Hulk

Dwayne Johnson is 6'4" and 260 pounds.

PSN Name ZacharyTF
Old 06-01-13, 02:10 AM   #105
Mike86
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saw this tonight and absolutely loved it. Yes it was pretty much all mindless popcorn action but damn if it wasn't a fun ride. This is by far the top action movie for me this summer. I hate to say it but I actually enjoyed this one more than both Iron Man 3 and Star Trek: Into Darkness, both of which I had much higher hopes for.
Old 06-01-13, 02:51 AM   #106
bluetoast
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On another note, does anybody else know people who act like this franchise is beneath them? And they're not even big fans of movies like us. I feel like saying "Fuckers, can you even say the name 'Kurosawa', let alone name a movie of his? Ever seen a silent film that isn't 'The Artist'? The most exotic thing you've seen is probably Slumdog Millionaire, and you can't have a little fun at the movies? Go choke on some nuts."
Old 06-01-13, 03:47 AM   #107
fumanstan
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
On another note, does anybody else know people who act like this franchise is beneath them? And they're not even big fans of movies like us. I feel like saying "Fuckers, can you even say the name 'Kurosawa', let alone name a movie of his? Ever seen a silent film that isn't 'The Artist'? The most exotic thing you've seen is probably Slumdog Millionaire, and you can't have a little fun at the movies? Go choke on some nuts."
Dense.

VG Round 1b | VG Round 7 | NFL
Old 06-01-13, 07:30 AM   #108
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
On another note, does anybody else know people who act like this franchise is beneath them?
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...ce-2013-a.html

Now Playing
Infamous: SS | Almost Finished Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Old 06-01-13, 08:24 AM   #109
Gunde
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979 View Post

Dwayne Johnson is 6'4" and 260 pounds.
Shows how much I know I guess
Old 06-01-13, 09:57 AM   #110
Solid Snake
DVD Talk Hero

Finally saw this. Holy fuck. A+ action. Kind of wish they'd have a bit better scripting but it's getting better. Enjoyed it so much. The pacing and editing of it all is great. I can't even imagine the insanity it takes when it comes to editing this monster. I've hated this franchise from the beginning. Just never really cared for it and whatever it was selling. Never saw 4. But I saw 5 and it was great. Fuck. Lin, man. Guy knows how to do action. And maybe it's me but
Spoiler:
is Evans kind of doing some Statham mannerisms? Early on I was started to feel he did which would a neat thing for him cuz they're brothers in this.

For the love of god, keep Lin in this. Cohen can't direct like this.

I do agree about the Taslim and Carano lack of a fight. I don't think we needed, regardless of where the narrative led us. Could have done without the wirework in The Rock's interrogation. The fights were awesome for sure. I did like the Letty vs. Riley fight. So sad to not have the latter be a mainstay.

And no matter what, Dom's sister can't act worth a shit. So glad she was barely in this.

Would I like 4?

Last edited by Solid Snake; 06-01-13 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-01-13, 10:06 AM   #111
TheMovieman
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
Maybe Lin will return for F&F 8.
Old 06-01-13, 10:34 AM   #112
d2cheer
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:

Would I like 4?
Yes it sets up 5
Old 06-01-13, 11:34 AM   #113
Solid Snake
DVD Talk Hero

I'm reading that it's actually the worst one. How could it be worse than the ones before it? Is that bad?
Old 06-01-13, 11:37 AM   #114
Tom Creo
DVD Talk Special Edition

No need to watch 4, but it is entertaining.
Old 06-01-13, 12:02 PM   #115
DJariya
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
I'm reading that it's actually the worst one. How could it be worse than the ones before it? Is that bad?
Fast and furious sets up the whole Letty storyline that was integral in this movie and was part of the end credits cliffhanger in Fast Five. It was the second movie in the series that Justin Lin directed.

It was the first prequel and IMO changed the whole focus of the franchise from being a street racing movie to more of an action-heist series.

I'm surprised you skipped that part.

And yes as d2cheer said, there is a cliffhanger at the end that sets up Fast Five.
Old 06-01-13, 12:33 PM   #116
My Other Self
DVD Talk Legend

Aside from the fact that Tokyo Drift doesn't carry any name talent in it, that's always considered the "dog" of the series since it was initially the end of the franchise. I personally liked 2 Fast 2 Furious, but for me it's because it wagers into awesomely bad territory. It's not a great movie but it's entertaining.

Fast & Furious was decent. Fast Five truly gave the franchise a reboot in terms of action and awesomeness. It's definitely not the worst, though.
"I think, Lisa, that you've been taken in by an obvious forgery. Unfortunately, historical research is plagued by this sort of hoax -- the so-called confession. It's just as fake as the Howard Hughes will, the Hitler Diaries, or the Emancipation Retraction."
"You won't be seeing any prison movies where you're going - prison!"
Old 06-01-13, 03:25 PM   #117
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Hero

2Fast introduced us to Roman and Tej, so that alone elevates it over most of the other films in the series. Also, Eva Mendes

Now Playing
Infamous: SS | Almost Finished Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Old 06-01-13, 04:22 PM   #118
Mike86
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I don't know who is saying that Fast & Furious is the worst one but that's way off if you ask me. That is basically the entry that turned the series around if you ask me and made the films more enjoyable. The first one was always decent enough and 2 Fast 2 Furious I haven't watched for a while but seem to remember not caring for much. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift I also haven't watched in a while but from what I remember it wasn't that bad. The acting was what made it not as great but I think it was actually one of the better entries in terms of the story.
Old 06-01-13, 05:34 PM   #119
fumanstan
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I think Fast & Furious is worth watching since it is directly related to what happens in parts 5 and 6. It's not as fun as those two, but I don't think its terrible.

Then again, i've enjoyed all of them to varying degrees, and put 2 Fast at the bottom of the list.

VG Round 1b | VG Round 7 | NFL
Old 06-01-13, 06:26 PM   #120
nickdawgy
DVD Talk Legend

My favorites were like this:

The Fast and the Furious
Furious 6
Fast Five
Fast and Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Tokyo Drift (never saw it)
Old 06-02-13, 12:47 AM   #121
My Other Self
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I don't know who is saying that Fast & Furious is the worst one but that's way off if you ask me.
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I do believe it's the lowest ranked on Rotten Tomatoes, though, so maybe he meant collectively?

I'd probably rank it like this:

Fast & Furious 6
Fast Five
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast & Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

It's surprising Justin Lin directed Tokyo Drift given how incredibly mediocre it is and where he took the series, but it's not terrible. Still warrants a viewing although I love they pretty much attached the only important part of the movie on the end of FF6 since they knew so many people never even bothered watching it.
"I think, Lisa, that you've been taken in by an obvious forgery. Unfortunately, historical research is plagued by this sort of hoax -- the so-called confession. It's just as fake as the Howard Hughes will, the Hitler Diaries, or the Emancipation Retraction."
"You won't be seeing any prison movies where you're going - prison!"
Old 06-04-13, 07:39 PM   #122
dex14

I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's really hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man."
Old 06-04-13, 09:05 PM   #123
Boba Fett
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'd rank them:

Fast Five
Furious 6
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious (stupid movie, but Tyrese honestly kicks it up a notch for me)
Tokyo Drift
Fast and Furious (the movie was the big shifting point in tone for the films and when you didn't know there'd be a Fast Five, felt a bit flat)
Old 06-04-13, 09:25 PM   #124
JumpCutz
DVD Talk Legend

I'd rank them:

Furious and Fast
Faster and Furiouser
Fast and Furious Do Japan
More Furious than Fast
Five Furious Fast Six
The Fast and the Fury 2: Extreme Furiousm
Old 06-04-13, 09:31 PM   #125
RichC2
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Where'd Cohen come from? He directed #1 and hasn't been involved since has he? James Wan is doing #7.
Sponsored Links