Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-21-15, 07:42 PM   #51
DVD Talk Legend

re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

I own the first four films on Blu-ray but never saw the fifth one yet. I kind of lost interest but I should check it out just for the hell of it. I think they're fine for just mindless action films but they aren't anything outstanding.
Old 01-22-15, 01:31 AM   #52
DVD Talk Legend

re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

The Resident Evil movies not outstanding? That's a bold statement.

Updated! My 2016 October Horror Movie Challenge compilation video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMlgp-OTM&t
Old 01-22-15, 09:04 AM   #53

This is one of the few instances where I can't wait for a reboot.
Old 01-22-15, 09:20 AM   #54
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm sure the reboots will be so much better.
3DS Friend Code:1178-1287-2020

My Countdown Counting down to: The first Saturday in May.
341 days 5 hours 36 minutes
Old 01-22-15, 09:42 AM   #55
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm a big fan of the series. They are nothing but fun, mindless action flicks with a premise that I enjoy. But it is time to go. I'll be watching this one for sure.
Old 01-22-15, 10:26 AM   #56
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
Which is amusing since the games have gotten progressively over the top like the movies.

I wonder if for the reboot they'll finally use the script George Romero had written based on the first game.
If you look at the most recent three RE game releases it's a good sign that they are moving back to horror. (Revalations 1/2, RE Remake HD)

The only reason the current movies keep being put into production is because they have been doing very well given what they cost. I think Sony was expecting to reboot a few movies ago but they kept making money.
Old 01-22-15, 12:15 PM   #57
Banned

1 was fun if not good. 2 was a piece of shit that I regret never leaving the theater for, and 3 was mediocre and stupid to be stupid. I only ever saw 3 cuz it came in the BD 3 movie set that was like 5 bucks new. From what scenes I've seen....seems like it got increasingly stupid with each film.
Old 08-03-15, 06:48 PM   #58

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter / 3 Aug 2015

Ali Larter Reportedly Back as Claire Redfield in Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Previously played role in Extinction and Afterlife.

By Jim Vejvoda

A familiar face from both the Resident Evil movies and video games will return for Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.

Deadline reports that Ali Larter is set to reprise her role as Claire Redfield in the Paul W.S. Anderson-directed sequel, which is expected to be the last installment in the Screen Gems-Capcom movie franchise (well, before it's inevitably rebooted anyway).

Larter previously played Claire in Resident Evil: Extinction and Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Ali Larter as Claire Redfield in Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Filming begins this September in South Africa. Milla Jovovich will also be back as series heroine Alice.

According to Deadline, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter "picks up after the events of Resident Evil: Retribution, as the Project Alice is forced to race against time before the villainous Red Queen attempts to destroy the final remnants of humanity."

Ali Larter Reportedly Back as Claire Redfield in Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Old 08-03-15, 07:16 PM   #59
DVD Talk Hero

I really liked Ali Larter as Claire Redfield. Glad she's back.

Hated that they killed off Barry Burton in the last movie. He was perfectly cast.
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
Old 08-03-15, 07:31 PM   #60
DVD Talk Hero

I never liked how they transitioned from Afterlife to Retribution. Claire and her brother Chris were prominent in Afterlife and they just disappeared in the next movie without really any explanation.

With Wentworth Miller working on DC's Legends of Tomorrow and a possible Prison Break reboot, I guess we won't be seeing Chris in the sequel.
Old 08-03-15, 07:40 PM   #61
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't they say Chris and Claire were captured by Wesker and moved to an undisclosed facility?
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
Old 08-03-15, 07:42 PM   #62

Quote:
Didn't they say Chris and Claire were captured by Wesker and moved to an undisclosed facility?
Yes.
Old 08-03-15, 07:43 PM   #63
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't remember that. Thanks
Old 08-03-15, 09:31 PM   #64
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I really liked Ali Larter as Claire Redfield. Glad she's back.

Hated that they killed off Barry Burton in the last movie. He was perfectly cast.
Uhhh.....perfect?

looks wise maybe, but as soon as he opened his mouth....not so much. He was nothing like his character in RE1, he is supposed to be a father figure of sorts.
Old 08-03-15, 09:38 PM   #65
DVD Talk Hero

I dunno. He felt right to me. Though I only know the character from the first game. Never played his spinoff series. And he was 1000 times better than the atrocious casting for Leon. I swear they dubbed that guy just like they did with Li Bingbing as Ada Wong.
Old 08-03-15, 10:21 PM   #66
DVD Talk Legend

I'm just impressed you guys made it far enough into the franchise where they started using characters from the games.

Updated! My 2016 October Horror Movie Challenge compilation video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMlgp-OTM&t
Old 08-03-15, 10:36 PM   #67
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
I'm just impressed you guys made it far enough into the franchise where they started using characters from the games.
You ean that we got as far as the second movie?
Old 08-03-15, 10:37 PM   #68
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
You ean that we got as far as the second movie?
Yes, exactly.

Old 08-03-15, 10:40 PM   #69
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I really, REALLY liked the first movie and mostly because at the time I was (still am) very attached to the games. Watching it now I can take it for what it is, a story just outside the game's continuity and shouldn't be taken as part of the lore. The second movie had only one thing going for it...

By the time the third movie was made, I was already checked out and so were the people making these movies. So by the time the fourth movie came around a friend of mine wanted to see it, so I went and did my best to explain where the movies are wrong, and how the game tells a better story...but in the end my friend just wanted to see things explode in slow mo, so good times. The last "movie" was the hardest to watch because....nothing happens. It's just a bunch of things happening and more explosions. So will I go see this one? Yeah maybe, I have already given the franchise my money I may as well watch it die.
Old 08-03-15, 10:47 PM   #70
DVD Talk Godfather

I hope Wentworth Miller comes back too.

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 08-03-15, 10:57 PM   #71
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
I really, REALLY liked the first movie and mostly because at the time I was (still am) very attached to the games. Watching it now I can take it for what it is, a story just outside the game's continuity and shouldn't be taken as part of the lore. The second movie had only one thing going for it...
The first movie has no resemblance to the games, not just in story or characters, but tone. That wouldn't be a total deal breaker but Resident Evil is just a crappy zombie movie with no excitement at all. Paul Anderson is a hack and can't build suspense to save his life. Resident Evil 2 as a dated Playstation 1 game felt more cinematic than the movie it inspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
The last "movie" was the hardest to watch because....nothing happens. It's just a bunch of things happening and more explosions.

Seriously though, Resident Evil 5, the game was pretty bad, and 6 looked so bad I didn't even bother playing it, so maybe the games and movies deserve each other.

Old 08-04-15, 05:46 PM   #72
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
The first movie has no resemblance to the games, not just in story or characters, but tone. That wouldn't be a total deal breaker but Resident Evil is just a crappy zombie movie with no excitement at all. Paul Anderson is a hack and can't build suspense to save his life. Resident Evil 2 as a dated Playstation 1 game felt more cinematic than the movie it inspired.

Seriously though, Resident Evil 5, the game was pretty bad, and 6 looked so bad I didn't even bother playing it, so maybe the games and movies deserve each other.
I need to stop posting medicated Supposedly Capcom wants to have the RE films rebooted after these movies are done. Makes you wonder what RE would have been like directed by Romero.

Old 09-18-15, 04:57 PM   #73
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
‘Resident Evil’ Finale Casts Up
by Mike Fleming Jr
September 18, 2015 1:10pm

The cast of the closing chapter of Screen Gems’ Resident Evil franchise has grown with the addition of Iain Glen, Shawn Roberts, Ruby Rose, Eoin Macken and William Levy. The film stars Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter, with Paul W.S. Anderson directing his script. It picks up where 2012’s Resident Evil: Retribution left off, as Project Alice races against time to stop the villainous Red Queen from destroying the final remnants of humanity. Shooting starts this month in South Africa. Impact Pictures’ Jeremy Bolt, Constantin Film’s Robert Kulzer, Davis-Films’ Samuel Hadida and Anderson are producing, and Martin Moszkowicz is executive producer.

Glen most recently has been playing Ser Jorah Mormont in HBO’s Game Of Thrones and has been seen in Downton Abbey and The Iron Lady. Roberts last was seen in Edge Of Darkness. Rose is part of the Netflix series Orange Is The New Black, while Macken next will be seen in Focus Features’ thriller The Forest, alongside Natalie Dormer. He currently stars on NBC’s The Night Shift and starred in BBC’s Merlin. Levy next appears in Term Life and The Veil.

Glen is represented by Independent Talent Group. Roberts is represented by The Gersh Agency. Rose is represented by Radius Entertainment. Macken is represented by Troika in the UK and ICM and Magnolia Entertainment in the US. Levy is represented by CAA, and manager Jeff Goldberg, and attorney Howard Fishman of Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof & Fishman LLP.
Old 09-20-15, 08:44 PM   #74
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The synopsis for this movie contradicts the ending of the last movie...

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...aled/#/slide/1
Old 09-21-15, 06:40 AM   #75
kd5
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope this is 'The Final Chapter'. I kept expecting Retribution to be the end of it (5's a good number...) but I'll be goddamned if it didn't lead into yet another chapter. Don't get me wrong, I like Resident Evil, but 6 fucking chapters? C'mon...

My DVD/BD Collection