Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

Old 06-17-14, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Resident Evil 6 (2014) (D: Paul W.S. Anderson, S: Milla Jovovich)

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I liked the first one. Was a genre thing, not perfect but alright. Everyone after that one though...no.

They really need to just adapt the first game's story into a well compacted script and they'd have a great start to the film. Not sure who I'd want to direct it but as much practical effects as possible. Which means there is no chance to getting that but you never know.
This reminds me that George Romero wrote a Resident Evil movie script (before his talents dried up and) before the first movie was made. Apparently it was quite good. I actually have the script and have never gotten around to reading it. I think I just might finally read it tonight.
Old 08-18-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2015) (D: Paul W.S. Anderson, S: Milla Jovovich

Looks like we have a delay. Milla just posted this on Facebook

Happy Monday everyone!

This was originally going to be a post to tell you how excited I am about flying to Cape Town to begin working on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.

But… My husband Paul and I just discovered that we are expecting another baby!!!

So after a lot of discussion, we thought it would be in everyone’s best interest to wait till the baby is born before we set out to try and tackle an RE movie. Between the stunt work and what will become my ever-expanding belly, we didn’t think pregnancy and zombie killing are the best combo! Lol! I imagine the only thing I’ll be killing in the near future is an endless supply of cupcakes. Yikes…

In all seriousness though, we want to make the best movie possible and that would be extremely difficult, to say the least, in my present condition.

I would like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who has been working so hard on the movie in South Africa already and we are so looking forward to working with you all next summer. And when we arrive, it will hopefully be with the newest member of our little family! YAY!

Thanks so much for understanding! All the best! -m
Old 08-18-14, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts
Re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (201?) (D: Paul W.S. Anderson, S: Milla Jovovich

Happy Monday everyone!

This was originally going to be a post to tell you how excited I am about flying to Cape Town to begin working on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.

But… My husband Paul and I just discovered that we are expecting another baby!!!

So after a lot of discussion, we thought it would be in everyone’s best interest to wait till the baby is born before we set out to try and tackle an RE movie. Between the stunt work and what will become my ever-expanding belly, we didn’t think pregnancy and zombie killing are the best combo! Lol! I imagine the only thing I’ll be killing in the near future is an endless supply of cupcakes. Yikes…

In all seriousness though, we want to make the best movie possible and that would be extremely difficult, to say the least, in my present condition.

I would like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who has been working so hard on the movie in South Africa already and we are so looking forward to working with you all next summer. And when we arrive, it will hopefully be with the newest member of our little family! YAY!

Thanks so much for understanding! All the best! -m
Why start now?
Old 08-18-14, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
These movies, while not very good, are much too inoffensive to be upset about. I rented them for a while before they all started to blur together. They aren't terrible enough to get upset about of anything, just kind of dull and occasionally passable time-killer in places. I'm surprised they're ending them, there must be some sort of audience for the franchise to have hung on this long.
Old 08-18-14, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (201?) (D: Paul W.S. Anderson, S: Milla Jovovich

With Milla being pregnant, I guess this is being pushed back to 2016 at the soonest.
Old 08-18-14, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to agree. I may not be a fan of his movies mostly but the guy gives it a soul at least. Granted the quality of it may be up for debate but the guy has a moving pulse that has a life.
Old 08-18-14, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Disappointed in the delay, but I guess getting knocked up as a good enough reason.
Old 08-18-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
These movies, while not very good, are much too inoffensive to be upset about. I rented them for a while before they all started to blur together. They aren't terrible enough to get upset about of anything, just kind of dull and occasionally passable time-killer in places. I'm surprised they're ending them, there must be some sort of audience for the franchise to have hung on this long.
They suck for fans of the video games that would have liked to see good movies based off of them.
Old 08-18-14, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jory
I always seem to find myself in the role of Paul Anderson's defense attorney, suggesting to the movie geeks who hate him with a passion that maybe he isn't the cinematic antichrist. His action schlock is far better than anything Michael Bay farts out, and yet the latter's films are consistently defended by movie geeks with that lame old excuse, "It's just a stupid action movie; what did you expect?"

But then I haven't seen The Three Musketeers or Pompeii yet, so for all I know, maybe he's finally run out of gas after enjoyable schlock like Resident Evil, Alien vs. Predator, and Death Race.

I'd agree to watch Musketeers or Pompeii far before agreeing to watch Ninja Turtles or Hercules, I can tell you that much. Anderson at least has passion and heart where directors like Bay, Liebesman, and Ratner are empty and hollow, and he at least knows which way to point the fucking camera.
Three Musketeers was one of the most dreadful slices of shit I have ever had the displeasure of watching. It was indeed offensively bad on nearly every level. It takes a real hack to make a movie such a slog when you've got actors like Ray Stevenson and Christoph Waltz in your cast. Everything about Anderson's action feels low rent; at least Bay goes big and makes it look pretty.
Old 08-18-14, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts

I totally disagree about Three Musketeers. It's a fun romp with a likable cast and Orlando Bloom knowing exactly what kind of film he's in and does a great job hamming it up. The steampunk element is grand and the Bluray is demo-material.
Old 08-18-14, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

I still want to know why shitty CGI was used on her face in Resident Evil: Extinction...Anyone know?
Old 08-19-14, 08:04 AM
Banned

Never saw the film but was the scene?
Old 08-19-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d2cheer
I still want to know why shitty CGI was used on her face in Resident Evil: Extinction...Anyone know?
I noticed that too. It was weird and creepy looking. Since it was only present in extreme close-ups, I can only imagine the director wanted to CG out some of her wrinkles, which is absurd.
Old 08-19-14, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Living Dead
I noticed that too. It was weird and creepy looking. Since it was only present in extreme close-ups, I can only imagine the director wanted to CG out some of her wrinkles, which is absurd.
I'm not completely sure, because it's been a long time since I read it, but I think she said in an interview that she happened to have a bad acne breakout during part of filming.
Old 08-19-14, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
They suck for fans of the video games that would have liked to see good movies based off of them.
As I've never played the games, I obviously can't speak to that. I've heard that beyond the title and a few character names, they have little in common.
Old 08-20-14, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
As I've never played the games, I obviously can't speak to that. I've heard that beyond the title and a few character names, they have little in common.
I think that was his point ...

If they are delaying filming until Mila has the baby, any chance we can hope for a nude scene with bigger breasts? (yeah, I went there)
Old 08-21-14, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Never saw the film but was the scene?
Whole movie, I think. You guys think too much of it. It's noticeable.

I like these movies. Forget the zombies and monsters. The mix of hi-tech fantasy sci-fi works. The extended plot conveniences are a mix of fun and stupid. Umbrella is so hi-tech and big brother. They're never safe because there's always nightmarishly-advanced tech present.

I was still disappointed when the last one ended without a second(?) act. In the trailers, they tell us that there's going to be scenes in Washington DC. And it turns out to be a 30 second ending.
Old 08-21-14, 09:13 AM
Banned

Well there's the whole issue. There's no thought in it. It's just shit that is cool to Anderson. It's not even really unique action. Just meh.
Old 01-21-15, 05:37 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Jovovich shared the news regarding the updated timetable for production on RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER via her Facebook page.

I'm really proud of myself for not gaining the same amount of weight that I did with our first child (75 lbs.) because I have to be ready to start filming "Resident Evil- The Final Chapter" in August of this year and I will also be nursing an infant simultaneously (get ready wardrobe department for Alice's new "easy mama access" costume) so I don't want to be on any extreme diets to get ready to go back to "action hero" mode!
Old 01-21-15, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts
re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

Nice to know that this is still going to happen. I just watched these movies within the past year and they're better than I thought, but I don't know much about the games to be offended by its inaccuracies.
Old 01-21-15, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

I think Sony is being nice to the fans who stuck with this series in letting them finish one more, because I have a strong feeling they are already planning a reboot closer to the games.
Old 01-21-15, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I think Sony is being nice to the fans who stuck with this series in letting them finish one more, because I have a strong feeling they are already planning a reboot closer to the games.
Which is amusing since the games have gotten progressively over the top like the movies.

I wonder if for the reboot they'll finally use the script George Romero had written based on the first game.
Old 01-21-15, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

I own the first four films on Blu-ray but never saw the fifth one yet. I kind of lost interest but I should check it out just for the hell of it. I think they're fine for just mindless action films but they aren't anything outstanding.
Old 01-22-15, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Resident Evil movies not outstanding? That's a bold statement.
Old 01-22-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

This is one of the few instances where I can't wait for a reboot.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.