Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What changes would you make to a movie?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What changes would you make to a movie?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-15, 08:54 PM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What changes would you make to a movie?

When Marty and the Doc go back to the roaring 20's to save the lives of Jennifer's Grandparents perhaps when the Gangsters who would have "rubbed out" the couple get busted as a by-product the hoodlum who got Uncle Joey into a life of crime later in the future was never born, and instead of becoming an inmate Joey becomes the Warden!
Old 05-26-15, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Godfather: The final shot of Kay looking into the office and realizing Michael is his father's son. Perfect ending. Why, why, why did they cut out the final two notes of the music just so we can listen to the door clicking closed? We know a fucking door is being closed, we don't need to actually hear it!

The Truman Show: Again, the final shot. After following the funny and sad story of Truman Burbank, Peter Weir basically pisses on his own film by throwing the entire story out with one shot. The two security guards who were watching decide to just change the channel. "Let's see what else is on." That crap we were watching is over, let's forget about it as quickly as possible!
Old 05-27-15, 07:00 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell
Fuck Chris Tucker
Fixed
Old 05-27-15, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by covenant
P-47s instead of P-51s at the end of Saving Private Ryan. You know, actual Tank-Busters?
Could have used these:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KVAiGYBrajs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
After a battle the Office of Research and Analysis goes through the area to research what actually happened. They found that very few tanks were destroyed by airpower. It was very hard to hit a tank with a bomb or the type of rockets they had in WWII. The best tank killers were the cannon armed aircraft of which the P47 was not one. The allies had the Hawker Tempest and Typhoon which were designed for ground attack and armed with 20mm cannon. The 8 50 caliber machine guns of the P47 would do almost nothing to a tank. The main damage done by tac air was to supply vehicles and trains.
Old 05-27-15, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
A slightly cold and intense George Clooney would have played Reed Richards in both the Fantastic Four movies. Grufford wasn't the only problem with those movies, but he was the main one. He's a fine actor, he was just nothing at all like the Reed Richards of the comics.
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Clooney wouldn't have improved anything if the character wasn't rewritten first. Reed was always a super nerd but he always felt like the guy to lead the FF in the comics. In the movie, everyone just gave him the job of leader because... reasons.
Originally Posted by Jon2
Grufford sure beats the completely miscast guy in the new FF movie.
I had less of a problem with Gruffudd than I did with Alba.
Old 05-27-15, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I could probably come up with more examples if I gave it some thought, but if I could change Batman Returns, I'd completely delete the Penguin and have the movie focus solely on Batman and Catwoman. Watching the movie as-is is like watching a pretty great movie interrupted by a pretty horrible one.
Old 05-29-15, 02:31 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please give Chewbacca a fucking medal at the end of Star Wars
Old 07-23-15, 10:23 AM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DOH! Left something out of my hypothetical Back to the Future Part IV

At the end of the movie Marty finds out Biff is once again a billionaire, but he's done it the old-fashioned way. Marty sees a billboard the reads "Biff's Auto Detailing, over 5,000 locations in the USA and Canada. Don't worry, George Mc'fly is just as rich, he is the author of dozens of best sellers, when Marty McFly walks by the Essex Theatre he sees a poster on the "Now Showing" window that reads "George McFly's A Match made in SPACE. Across the street a sign reads "State of California Historical Sight Hill County Courthouse, built in 1885, Monument paid by the Biff Foundation". He also reads a sign that reads "Goldie Wilson for President". Also, his friends (Flea and company) come by in their pickup and tell marty "get in, our band has been chosen to be the warm-up band for tonight's ZZ Top Concert". Everything ends on a positive note.
Old 07-23-15, 10:36 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

There actually is a Back to the Future IV in the form of the Telltale video game.
Old 07-23-15, 11:48 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Return of the Jedi - Have the battle of Endor take place with the Wookies instead of Ewoks, and that would have cut out those lame 15-20 minutes when they tie up Luke, Chewy and Han and roast them for dinner.

Breakfast Club - Great movie that is ruined at the end when Judd Nelson/Molly Ringwald get together, along with Ally Sheedy/Emilio Estevez. They should have all walked out like they walked in because that's the reality of highschool and peer pressure. They may have secretly liked each other, but the clicks in highschool would have never let these 5 people be good friends or girlfriend/boyfriend.
Old 07-23-15, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Star Wars Franshise...More Boobs
JAWS...More Boobs
Titanic...More Boobs
Citizen Kane...More Boobs
2001: A Space Odyssey...More Boobs
Psycho...More Boobs
About Schmidt...Less Boobs

Although, considering whom I am replying to, that Kathy Bates scene probably made his year.
Old 07-23-15, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by printerati
About Schmidt...Less Boobs

Although, considering whom I am replying to, that Kathy Bates scene probably made his year.
Old 07-23-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle
The Godfather: The final shot of Kay looking into the office and realizing Michael is his father's son. Perfect ending. Why, why, why did they cut out the final two notes of the music just so we can listen to the door clicking closed? We know a fucking door is being closed, we don't need to actually hear it!

!
I thought the entire point of the two movies was that he was actually nothing like his father, despite both being "Godfather".
Old 07-23-15, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by arminius
After a battle the Office of Research and Analysis goes through the area to research what actually happened. They found that very few tanks were destroyed by airpower. It was very hard to hit a tank with a bomb or the type of rockets they had in WWII. The best tank killers were the cannon armed aircraft of which the P47 was not one. The allies had the Hawker Tempest and Typhoon which were designed for ground attack and armed with 20mm cannon. The 8 50 caliber machine guns of the P47 would do almost nothing to a tank. The main damage done by tac air was to supply vehicles and trains.
Do you have anything to add concerning the movie using P-51 vs P-47s?
Old 07-23-15, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by coli
Breakfast Club - Great movie that is ruined at the end when Judd Nelson/Molly Ringwald get together, along with Ally Sheedy/Emilio Estevez. They should have all walked out like they walked in because that's the reality of highschool and peer pressure. They may have secretly liked each other, but the clicks in highschool would have never let these 5 people be good friends or girlfriend/boyfriend.
I remember watching The Breakfast Club for a Sociology class in high school. Aftrrward while discussing the movie I made the same exact point. It would have been a lot more true to life had they all left that day and then never said another word to each other while passing in the halls. Kinda makes for a downer ending though.
Old 07-23-15, 01:15 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I remember watching The Breakfast Club for a Sociology class in high school. Aftrrward while discussing the movie I made the same exact point. It would have been a lot more true to life had they all left that day and then never said another word to each other while passing in the halls. Kinda makes for a downer ending though.
I always just thought the ending was open for interpretation. We don't see them after Saturday detention, and when Brian asks if they were going to be friends after that day, Claire said she didn't think so. Yeah, they had some kisses or whatever, but at the end of the day we just don't know. The movie is just about one Saturday morning and afternoon, so to establish other scenes at school later doesn't really go well with the overall arch of the film (at least that's how I took the movie).
Old 07-23-15, 01:33 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

The theme song implies that they go back to their regular cliques.
Old 07-23-15, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
The theme song implies that they go back to their regular cliques.
^^ This.
Old 07-23-15, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I always assumed they bonded for that one day and never again. We were seeing what might be if the typical social hierarchy of high school were stripped away.
Old 07-23-15, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Willie Scott doesn't jump out of the plane and dies in the crash
Old 07-23-15, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts

Twilight Zone Movie: drop the whole Morrow/Landis segment. I've never been able to watch it because it strikes me as incredibly ghoulish to complete it and put it in the film.
Old 07-24-15, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

I would improve every movie Adam Sandler has been in, (excluding Punch Drunk Love), by replacing him with a 5' 10" pile of shit.
Old 07-24-15, 08:03 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack
I always just thought the ending was open for interpretation. We don't see them after Saturday detention, and when Brian asks if they were going to be friends after that day, Claire said she didn't think so. Yeah, they had some kisses or whatever, but at the end of the day we just don't know. The movie is just about one Saturday morning and afternoon, so to establish other scenes at school later doesn't really go well with the overall arch of the film (at least that's how I took the movie).
That's an interesting take, and a fair way to look at it. I definetly have to watch the ending again this weekend.

I watched the movie a zillion times when I was in middle school/high school when it came on cable in the late 80's so I was looking at it as a teenager at the time. I haven't watched it in so long, I am interested to see how I view the movie now as an adult.

It was one of my favorite movies as a teenager, but the ending always bothered me even when I was 14 years old.
Old 07-24-15, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
I thought the entire point of the two movies was that he was actually nothing like his father, despite both being "Godfather".
Was I taking about both films or just the first one?
Old 07-24-15, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jaymole
I would improve every movie Adam Sandler has been in, (excluding Punch Drunk Love), by replacing him with a 5' 10" pile of shit.
Just don't mess with the Zohan.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.