Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Bullet to the Head (Dir: Hill, S: Stallone, Kang, Shahi, Slater) - 2/01/13

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-13, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Sylvester Stallone stars as Jimmy Bobo, a New Orleans hitman who forms an alliance with Washington D.C. detective Taylor Kwan to bring down the killer of their respective partners.

From director Walter Hill comes the action thriller "Bullet to the Head."

"Bullet to the Head" also stars Sung Kang ("Fast Five"), Sarah Shahi (Showtime's "The L Word"), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra"), Christian Slater (TV's "Breaking In"), John Seda (HBO's "The Pacific"), Weronika Rosati (HBO's "Luck"), and Jason Momoa (HBO's "Game of Thrones").

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/maXSTzmY86g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just saw the trailer for this the other day. Looks pretty badass.

Since the movie isn't called "Headshot" anymore and has a new director, I thought it was time to do a thread update. Opens up next month.
Old 01-12-13, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Bullet to the Head (Dir: Hill, S: Stallone, Kang, Shahi, Slater) - 2/01/13

....I liked the other thread more.
Old 01-12-13, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I will see this on Netflix. I'm sure it will be decent, since it is Stallone. Though this poster for the movie makes it look like a direct to DVD release.
Old 01-12-13, 06:53 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously though...this one looks bad. The Tomb at least has a premise that's more interesting. That and Sly+Arnold, a movie all their own. SOLD.
Old 01-12-13, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by andy434343
Though this poster for the movie makes it look like a direct to DVD release.
$55,000,000 budget you would think they could get a better poster

Read on IMDB that this was supposed to be a Sylvester Stallone / Thomas Jane project. Jane was brought in to the film by original director Wayne Kramer.
Kramer left the film after clashing with Stallone. Walter Hill (after a 10 year hiatus) was brought in to direct by Stallone after Jane suggested it to him.
When Hill came on board, Joel Silver came in as producer and fired Jane and replaced him with Sung Kang because he wanted an ethnic character in the role.
Old 01-12-13, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk God

According to IMDB, this movie was shot from June to August 2011. I'm guessing this has been delayed awhile.

It looks cool to me, but really his character's name is Jimmy Bobo?
Old 01-12-13, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222
Joel Silver came in as producer and fired Jane and replaced him with Sung Kang because he wanted an ethnic character in the role.

Yeah I think 50 cent was rumored as well for a potential cast mate. If not him, it was definitely a black person. But in the end, the Asians won the battle to define the term "ethnic".
Old 01-12-13, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I'll see it. Ultra violence is my thing and whatever gets Walter Hill behind the camera is of interest to me.
Old 01-12-13, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I read a tweet from Devin Faraci (of Bad Ass Digest) who said this film should be used as an example of why some directors need to be involuntarily retired.

Ouch.
Old 01-13-13, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't honestly buy Stallone even with his roided out muscles fighting Khal Drogo. Trailer lost me there.
Old 01-28-13, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Saw it tonight. It was okay. Usually when you have a "team", both of them bring something to the table. Nick Nolte can do police work but Eddie Murphy can rouse the bar in that special way. Here, Stallone does all the work and makes Kang look mostly useless. See that poster up there, with him on the phone? That's pretty much what he does. "I want information on this person. He's at this address? Okay let's go there."

I was expecting more from the team-up, and most of the movie was a little too straightforward.
Old 01-29-13, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw it tonight with some friends at a screening and we all thought it was a really fun, mindless action movie. Maybe it is being helped since we all slogged through The Last Stand (until the fun last 20 minutes or so) but this was a total throwback to the straightforward 80s action movies. They rolled out every damn cliche in the book, but the movie was so tongue in cheek and self aware that it was fun.

Stallone still kicks ass too, and he does way more than Arnie does in TLS. And the title is definitely not a misnomer, I think roughly 60 people get a literal bullet to the head. Or a full clip unloaded into them haha.

I do agree that Kang was kind of rendered useless here, but Momoa did a good job as the generic baddie and if you have any interest in this at all, you will enjoy yourself.
Old 01-29-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 446 Likes on 252 Posts

If it doesn't come with subtitles for whenever Stallone speaks, I won't be seeing it.
Old 01-29-13, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Didn't know Walter Hill was still alive.
Old 01-29-13, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

The poster in the OP makes this look like some crappy DTV release you rent because you have nothing better to do/watch.
Old 01-29-13, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

Saw what you want about Stallone but it is hard to believe the man is around 66 years old. My Dad is 63 and he looks like an old man. Stallone looks like he is in his early 40's or younger.

I want to see this but just don't see myself going to the theater for it.
Old 01-29-13, 09:32 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Walter Hill, Stallone and an R-rating. This should be good. This is the first theatrical movie Hill's directed in 10 years and hasn't directed anything meaningful in two decades.
Old 01-29-13, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,206 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Saw what you want about Stallone but it is hard to believe the man is around 66 years old. My Dad is 63 and he looks like an old man. Stallone looks like he is in his early 40's or younger.
No shit. Between Stallone and Lance Armstrong I'm starting to think 'roids are the way to go!
Old 01-29-13, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222
$55,000,000 budget you would think they could get a better poster

Read on IMDB that this was supposed to be a Sylvester Stallone / Thomas Jane project. Jane was brought in to the film by original director Wayne Kramer.
Kramer left the film after clashing with Stallone. Walter Hill (after a 10 year hiatus) was brought in to direct by Stallone after Jane suggested it to him.
When Hill came on board, Joel Silver came in as producer and fired Jane and replaced him with Sung Kang because he wanted an ethnic character in the role.
None of this bodes well, it makes it sound like Stallone and the producers are the ones really in charge, and add to that Walter Hill's scattershot career over the past several year and the really weak trailer, and I'm reticent.

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Didn't know Walter Hill was still alive.
He hasn't made a theatrical film in the last ten years since Undisputed in 2002, he's done producing work and directed that TV movie Broken Trail and the pilot of Deadwood.

Originally Posted by RocShemp
The poster in the OP makes this look like some crappy DTV release you rent because you have nothing better to do/watch.
Yeah, and the trailer kind of looks like that too, plus that's what Stallone was stuck doing before he relaunched his career a few years back.
Old 01-29-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That poster looks like something Steven Seagal would be in these days.
Old 01-29-13, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,206 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
Yeah, and the trailer kind of looks like that too, plus that's what Stallone was stuck doing before he relaunched his career a few years back.
That's exactly what this looks like to me - the drivel Stallone was stuck doing in the late 90s/early 00s. It looks like something that should be sitting on the shelf right next to Eye See You or Avenging Angelo.
Old 01-29-13, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
That's exactly what this looks like to me - the drivel Stallone was stuck doing in the late 90s/early 00s. It looks like something that should be sitting on the shelf right next to Eye See You or Avenging Angelo.

I have the import of Eye See You known as D-Tox on Blu-ray, which was pretty cool, imo. Great little ensemble cast and it was violent as hell.
Old 01-29-13, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

A friend of mine saw it last night and said that it was a terrible film, but fun. I asked him if it was comparable to Last Stand and he said that he'd call Last Stand a GOOD movie.

I'll definitely catch a matinee of BTTH.
Old 02-01-13, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Bought a matinee ticket to see this tomorrow afternoon after I get off work.

I like B action movies like this. Been renting and watching them for well over 20 years now. Some may think they are a waste of time, but I get a kick out of them. Looking forward to this.

BTW, I have a VCD from Hong Kong of D-Tox, which was one of Stallone's many B movies from the early 2000s. That was actually a pretty good B action thriller and well made. Surprised it never made it to theatres.
Old 02-01-13, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
Bought a matinee ticket to see this tomorrow afternoon after I get off work.

I like B action movies like this. Been renting and watching them for well over 20 years now. Some may think they are a waste of time, but I get a kick out of them. Looking forward to this.

BTW, I have a VCD from Hong Kong of D-Tox, which was one of Stallone's many B movies from the early 2000s. That was actually a pretty good B action thriller and well made. Surprised it never made it to theatres.
D-Tox made it to theaters overseas. Not here, though. I'm sure it made a profit there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.