Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Klaus Kinski's daughter claims he raped her multiple times starting when she was 5.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Klaus Kinski's daughter claims he raped her multiple times starting when she was 5.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-13, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Klaus Kinski's daughter claims he raped her multiple times starting when she was

Originally Posted by foofighters7
If you're being theoretical that's fine but that doesn't sound theoretical. It sounds like you were casting stones like teenagers throwing popcorn at the movies...Perhaps a Herzog film?
I can see your point. Instead, I guess should have said: " I'm guessing you'd think differently if an actor raped someone you care about, but as that isn't the case, carry on being mesmerized by child rapists." Is that better? Were you defending Kinski or Supermallet or both? At any rate, I didn't think I was casting any stones, and I certainly haven't been trying to make unfunny jokes or bringing people's mothers into the discussion. But, just so we're clear here, I'm the one acting like a teenager. Yep, sounds about right.
Old 01-10-13, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Klaus Kinski's daughter claims he raped her multiple times starting when she was

If this thread is to be taken seriously, then I firmly believe the internet owes this man an apology:

Just sayin'.
Old 01-10-13, 01:50 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But Mel said WORDS! Horrible, horrible words! He can't be forgiven! He's also a religious man. The worst type of scum on the Planet.

I'm going to go watch Mad Max now.
Old 01-10-13, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o2cSMePU9n4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-10-13, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Strange she waits to reveal it in a book; for what it's worth his other daughter, Nastassja, only claimed he was verbally and psychologically abusive and she was estranged from him for years.

In fact, I seem to recall, when he wrote his absurdly fabricated autobiography, Nastassja sued him for libel after he implied he had slept with her.
Old 01-10-13, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Don't know about the rapage, but he was pretty notorious as an asshole and psycho.
Old 01-10-13, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ravings of Klaus Kinski, a totally insane motherfucker. He was an absolutely batshit crazy man. I wouldn't necessarily believe anything that KK ever said. Here's an excerpt from his memoir "All I Need Is Love." This is not a sane person:

"Although I'm trying to escape his eye, Herzog sticks to me like an outhouse fly. The mere thought of his existence here in this wilderness makes me sick. When I see him approaching from afar, I scream at him to stop, that he stinks, that he disgusts me. That I don't want to hear his bullshit. That I can't bear him!

I always hope he'll attack me. Then I'd push him into an eddy full of bloodthirsty piranhas and watch them tear him to pieces.

He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the most poisonous of snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit him open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! Syphillis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum that he is, the less I can get rid of him."

He was a magnificent actor though, and a screen legend unlike any other.
Old 01-10-13, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Here he goes crazy on the interviewer (after some babble and mutual provocation). Click on CC if you need Eng. subs. There's another, nuttier interview, but it's only in German.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Uwr9JT-nk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-10-13, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I'm trying to think of any Klaus Kinski performance I've seen but nothing comes to mind. Heck, I can't even think what the guy even looks like.

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
How about that Hitler? Hell of a painter, that guy!
One of his favourite paintings is among my favourites as well.
Old 01-10-13, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,463 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
How about that Hitler? Hell of a painter, that guy!
You mean Napoleon. Responsible for the deaths of millions of people and the still-used Napoleonic Code.
Old 01-10-13, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
You mean Napoleon. Responsible for the deaths of millions of people and the still-used Napoleonic Code.
And he gave us that horrid vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream combo. The first two flavors are fine but the strawberry is
Old 01-10-13, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
In fact, I seem to recall, when he wrote his absurdly fabricated autobiography, Nastassja sued him for libel after he implied he had slept with her.
Maybe he was so fucked up that he slept with the wrong daughter.
Old 01-10-13, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'm trying to think of any Klaus Kinski performance I've seen but nothing comes to mind. Heck, I can't even think what the guy even looks like.

One of his favourite paintings is among my favourites as well.
Roc, we already know you're DVDTalk's resident "I don't know who anyone is" guy (seriously, I can't count how many celebrity threads you've posted "who's this?")
Old 01-10-13, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Yeah, really, what does any of that have to do with his acting?
The same way I watch Roman Polanski movies and admire his abilities as an artist without worrying about his proclivities as a person. Or Woody Allen. Or Tom Cruise. Etc.
Fair enough. But my point is that bad deeds in one area of a person's life don't automatically invalidate everything else they ever did.
Truly, the Joe Paterno of moderators.
Old 01-10-13, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lots of the greatest artists and thinkers through history have also been sick bastards. That's just the way it goes. If your goal in life is to avoid experiencing any art or using any scientific advancement that was created by people who were also sick bastards, then you're in for a rude awakening.
Old 01-10-13, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Roc, we already know you're DVDTalk's resident "I don't know who anyone is" guy (seriously, I can't count how many celebrity threads you've posted "who's this?")
To be fair, most "celebrities" you guys talk about are bloggers and pretty much celebrities in thir own minds.

But in this case I know the name and assumed I was familiar with his work. But for the life of me, I was drawing a blank when trying to think of films in which I'd seen him and then realized I couldn't even think of what he looked like.
Old 01-10-13, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
If this thread is to be taken seriously, then I firmly believe the internet owes this man an apology:

Just sayin'.

I was never a fan of Kinski so I don't feel the need to furiously defend him.
Old 01-10-13, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Lots of the greatest artists and thinkers through history have also been sick bastards. That's just the way it goes. If your goal in life is to avoid experiencing any art or using any scientific advancement that was created by people who were also sick bastards, then you're in for a rude awakening.
Agreed.

While what Kinski is being accused of is absolutely irredeemable, there is a disconnect at some point. While you might hate Kinski, what about all the other people who contributed to a given movie?

And while again it's not as bad as child rape, there are so many horrible people in Hollywood. Hitchcock & Kubrick weren't exactly nice people. And most of what we know about celebrities are via publicity, who can say that even the ones with friendly images are their real images?

If you were cool with Kinski prior to this reveal then you were already tolerant of quite a bit. Kinski is famous for being psychotic. It makes him interesting and it's almost comedic to a point, but I'm sure it was never a laughing matter to the people around him.
Old 01-10-13, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All right then, let's just enjoy him getting his just desserts:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZwQEen1oalk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-10-13, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
All right then, let's just enjoy him getting his just desserts:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZwQEen1oalk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
RocShemp, surely you must have seen this.
Old 01-10-13, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hear that, big name celebrities, you can rape underage girls--but only once!--if they're older than five and it'll still be okay to like your movies. But do it again and man oh man are we going to stop liking your movies so fast!
Ya shouldn't rape me, Johnny. My father raped me once.

ONCE.
Old 01-10-13, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
RocShemp, surely you must have seen this.
Definitely saw the film (childhood favorite) but don't remember him being in it at all.

Clearly, I was never a fan of his.
Old 01-10-13, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by printerati
Old 01-10-13, 11:42 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by printerati
10 points to you, good sir!
Old 01-10-13, 11:43 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If Kinski did rape her. Well that sucks and it sucks even worse that nothing can be done about it.

That doesn't stop him from being one of the greatest actors alive and the overall quality of his works.

I don't like Polanski as person but his direction is great and I appreciate his talent in the craft. I'd rather have him be punished for the rape he commited than have him direct anymore. That doesn't deter him from being a great director.

People need to separate these entities. Just because they do or did something bad doesn't all of a sudden destroy quality material they've done. Just makes them shitty people on a personal level.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.