Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movies where the "Bad Guy" redeems himself before he dies or before the film ends

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Movies where the "Bad Guy" redeems himself before he dies or before the film ends

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Re: Movies where the "Bad Guy" redeems himself before he dies or before the film ends

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
HAHAHAHA!! How? How possibly did this man redeem himself? Because he wouldn't blow up the car like he was supposed to, because he didn't want to kill the wife and little kids? Hardly. He died a wreck of a man, and he was never that great to begin with. Coke sells itself. Ain't like he was winning awards for Best Salesmenship or something.
I guess he means by having regret shooting his best friend. But regardless he didn't do anything to redeem himself at the end.
Old 09-28-12, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Movies where the "Bad Guy" redeems himself before he dies or before the film ends

Karate Kid

Johnny Lawrence ~ "You're all right LaRusso!...good match"
Old 09-28-12, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ You could've also said yourself!
Old 09-28-12, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell
Karate Kid

Johnny Lawrence ~ "You're all right LaRusso!...good match"
You're username just reminded me of Buddy Revell in 3 O'clock High. He ends up giving the money back to the kid and doesn't viciously murder him.

Edit: Oops. Little late.
Old 09-28-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
^ You could've also said yourself!
Haha. Totally!
Old 09-28-12, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
....wait...I thought it was just cuz Godzilla sure as hell ain't going to be someone's bitch if there's new monsters in his territory. I thought it was just a..."I'm motherfucking Godzilla...fuck you." kind of thing.
I would see it that way, but its hard to tell with 60's & 70's Godzilla movies.

I think it was Godzilla 2000 where he finishes off the other monster, then continues to trash the city as the movie ends. That's pretty much how every movie of his should end.

He's a walking natural disaster, not a bouncer.
Old 09-28-12, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Godzilla has never had a film where he "redeems" himself after being a jerk. He either is, or he isn't. In GMK, he's like a fiery demon from hell.
Old 09-28-12, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stifler in American Wedding, IIRC.
Old 09-28-12, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Return of the Jedi.
Old 09-28-12, 06:52 PM
Banned

Bride of frankenstien.
Old 09-28-12, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Downfall

The main villain, an unrepentant Nazi:
Spoiler:
kills Hitler
Took me a second.
Old 09-28-12, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Professor Snape in the HP series. Malfoy too.

The blonde assistant in 'The Incredibles.' Drawing a blank on her name.

Nameless in Hero (2003 Jet Li movie).
Spoiler:
Refused to do the assassination when he realized the error of it.

And for a real stretch, Leader Desslok in 'Star Blazers'.
Spoiler:
He refuses to kill Wildstar and tells Nova how to take out the Comet Empire
Old 09-28-12, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Looper

Spoiler:
It kind of alternates as to which version of John is good, but in the end, the JGL version does the right thing .
Old 09-28-12, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
Professor Snape in the HP series. Malfoy too.
Not sure about Snape as
Spoiler:
he had to kill Dumbledore for the whole plan to work. So he was a truly good man that was forced to do a horrible things to keep his status as a Double Agent.
Old 09-28-12, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
In a way, Tony Montana in SCARFACE (1983).

There's gotta be a Godzilla movie where the Big G or some other monster does this.
How does he redeem himself in Scarface ? I thought he was a douche the entire picture.
Old 09-28-12, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In a way, Kiefer Sutherland in Dark City.
Old 09-28-12, 08:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whoopdido
I'm not much of a Godzilla fan but weren't there numerous movies where Big G fought some other monster (Mothra or whatever) that was destroying Japan and ended up helping the people? He wasn't always the bad guy was he?
I've never thought that Godzilla was a bad guy, even when he was "attacking." Taking what they explain in 2000, I realized why he was always destroying the cities in Japan. He lived near there and knew that the space monster/ufo was going to come out eventually because it wanted to suck up all the power and information. So, Godzilla kept trying to destroy the power stations and sources of information so that the people would be more protected. Makes sense.
Old 09-28-12, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Egad, enough with Godzilla!

How about the underestimated Hero, where Dustin Hoffman admits grudgingly that he was the one who saved Geena Davis from the burning airplane. Hoffman was a greedy, self-serving asshole the whole movie, but he redeems himself at the end, allowing Andy Garcia to save face after lying and taking the credit for being the "hero."
Old 09-28-12, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
Egad, enough with Godzilla!
Ok, lets talk Ghidora!

In Godzilla vs Ghidora (90's), the humans use Ghidora to fight Godzilla. Early in the movie Godzilla fights Ghidora & kills him. Future people find Ghidora's body and turn it into Mecha-Ghidora, take him back in time and beats Godzilla by taking him away from Tokyo.
Old 09-28-12, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ Wasn't as good as Godzilla Against Gorgo: All Your Bases Are Belong To Us! but it had its moments.

Last edited by Whiskey Warfield; 09-28-12 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-28-12, 09:21 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
Ok, lets talk Ghidora!

In Godzilla vs Ghidora (90's), the humans use Ghidora to fight Godzilla. Early in the movie Godzilla fights Ghidora & kills him. Future people find Ghidora's body and turn it into Mecha-Ghidora, take him back in time and beats Godzilla by taking him away from Tokyo.
yeah...but Ghidorah wasn't redeemed. He was used. He was controlled by that girl.
Old 09-28-12, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^buncha geeks^
Old 09-28-12, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
I've never thought that Godzilla was a bad guy, even when he was "attacking." Taking what they explain in 2000, I realized why he was always destroying the cities in Japan. He lived near there and knew that the space monster/ufo was going to come out eventually because it wanted to suck up all the power and information. So, Godzilla kept trying to destroy the power stations and sources of information so that the people would be more protected. Makes sense.
Did Godzilla ever knowingly kill a human being?
Old 09-28-12, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Sybok in Star Trek V. I don't think he was truly a 'bad guy', but he was an antagonist. "Your pain is deep share it with me!"
Old 09-28-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Did Godzilla ever knowingly kill a human being?
Several times.

Best time was when a guy uses a rocket launcher against Godzilla from a skyscraper window. Godzilla turns around, sees him, knocks the building down then walks up onto the rubble pile and hops up and down.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.